Will Michelle Nunn challenge for David Perdue's Georgia Senate seat in 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:30:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Michelle Nunn challenge for David Perdue's Georgia Senate seat in 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Michelle Nunn challenge for David Perdue's Georgia Senate seat in 2020?  (Read 1008 times)
Mike67
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 09, 2016, 01:00:54 PM »

Do y'all think Michelle Nunn will challenge David Perdue for his Senate seat in 2020? I think she probably will run in 2020 and will probably lose to David Purdue.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 01:05:12 PM »

I respect her and far prefer her as a person to Perdue, but I don't think she will do it.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 01:07:22 PM »

Michelle Nunn is a very uninspiring, poor candidate. Not sure why she got all that hype in 2014. Just because of her last name?
Yeah, her last name and the fact that the seat was open. Perdue should be a lock to win reelection in 2020, but he'll likely retire after that since he'll be 77 at the end of his second term. An open seat in 2026 will be one very tough fight, that's for sure.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »

Michelle Nunn is a very uninspiring, poor candidate. Not sure why she got all that hype in 2014. Just because of her last name?
Yeah, her last name and the fact that the seat was open. Perdue should be a lock to win reelection in 2020, but he'll likely retire after that since he'll be 77 at the end of his second term. An open seat in 2026 will be one very tough fight, that's for sure.

I think the open seat in 2022 might be gone for Rs if Trump wins a second term. No way Isakson will run again.
Mike67
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 01:39:40 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2016, 01:45:27 PM by Mike67 »

Yeah I think it was pretty much because of her father Sam. I think a lot of people hoped she would be another Sam Nunn but it looks like that apple has fallen far from the tree.
Mike67
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 01:43:24 PM »

I think the open seat in 2022 might be gone for Rs if Trump wins a second term. No way Isakson will run again.

That's a situation that would probably be more favorable for Michelle Nunn.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 01:49:57 PM »

No more rematches, please. I don't buy Perdue not being potentially vulnerable, but Nunn isn't the right candidate to challenge him.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 02:58:10 PM »

I like actually like Michelle Nunn but I don't think she'd be able to beat Perdue. Maybe a run for gov for her?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 03:39:10 PM »

That's a situation that would probably be more favorable for Michelle Nunn.
She'd wait for the open seat in 2026. I'm sure she'd rather have her father's seat instead of the other one. Also, Isakson is in a tough battle with Parkinson's so I wouldn't be surprised if he has to resign in the middle of his term.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies