Office of Northern Assemblyman Maxwell (C-VT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:30:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Northern Assemblyman Maxwell (C-VT)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Northern Assemblyman Maxwell (C-VT)  (Read 669 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 09, 2016, 03:02:22 PM »
« edited: December 14, 2016, 01:02:17 AM by Maxwell »

Member of the Vermont Communist Party remembers his candidacy for Northern Assembly, more formally announces

I thought I had given it all up. I wrapped up my career as an influential politico as a leader of the right-wing. Then I ran a few joke campaigns, some toxic, some less toxic. Then I was in the woods. I fought a bear. I got a couple of scratches, but otherwise I'm fine. I read up on the social ills of society. I found out there was an election. I forgot to announce my candidacy. Now we're here - The North is falling apart, thanks to the current capitalist order in Atlasia. My pledge? To change things. The North needs leadership in the Assembly. I will try to lead again. This time, as a leader of a new party that will re-invent left-wing politics in the North.

My goals in the Assembly are simple - abolish the sales tax, a scourage of the poor, end for profit schools and prisons, and a push for the workers of the North to have a seat at the table against the executives. I will not be pro-business. I will only be pro-people.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 03:11:45 PM »

stance on abolishing the regions?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 03:51:11 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm for it. For all of the benefits that the regions have offered like regional wackiness and shows of pride (which, regretfully, I tried to strip from two different regions during my time as a real politico in the name of very temporary gains in regional activity), the negatives seem to out-weigh them. There have been some benefits of the recent regional trimming, but I think it also revealed a real culprit in the stagnation - the regional system itself.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 06:46:34 PM »

Since apparently we're at a legislative reset, I've proposed an end to private prisons, along with studies of how to reduce recidivism rates.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 06:15:56 PM »

I believe the Northern economy must be built from the bottom up - that the poorest individuals are given a chance to see increased wages. Because unlike the wealthy where they have enough funds to stash away in bank accounts and lost isles where taxes are avoided, we know exactly where our poorest individuals are going to spend that money - in our communities, in our stores, at our local businesses. So the beginning of economic stimulus must start with a hike in Northern Wages.

My plan? Begin with a $15.00/hr Minimum wage. Then, eliminate the Sales Tax, which harms our poorest individuals the most. This agenda will give a boom to our lowest level of workers, and give our government the kind of economic stimulus that will recover lost revenues and lost opportunities for our region.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 08:50:58 PM »

Happy Holidays to all of the residents of the North!

We have passed major criminal justice and prison reform in the North, we're arguing a complete repeal of the sales tax, and making more tax changes to encourage activity in our region. The budget stands still because of some number crunching but other than that we're well on our way. I have a few more ideas on the table as to how to get our region back on track.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 08:55:35 PM »

Happy Holidays to all of the residents of the North!

We have passed major criminal justice and prison reform in the North, we're arguing a complete repeal of the sales tax, and making more tax changes to encourage activity in our region. The budget stands still because of some number crunching but other than that we're well on our way. I have a few more ideas on the table as to how to get our region back on track.
Keep fighting the good fight in the WAR ON CHRISTMAS, Maxwell!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 05:43:25 PM »

I hate to disappoint everyone - but I once again feel like I'm going through the motions and I can't be dishonest with everyone and just keep not doing anything. I feel it's my responsibility to, when I am getting inactive, to resign my post. I will be resigning Monday to give the Assembly time to elect a New Speaker.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies