Drain the swamp (lol)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:42:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Drain the swamp (lol)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Drain the swamp (lol)  (Read 2341 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 10, 2016, 04:40:51 PM »

Goldman Sachs, Exxon, and the freakin WWE are in the Trump cabinet so much for draining the swamp
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 04:43:02 PM »

Original! Great take!

This is exactly what I felt promised. The savviest people from the business world to manage inefficient government and win win win big league. Live it!
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 04:43:38 PM »

For some reason I always got the impression that Vince was always more liberal than his wife.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 04:45:18 PM »

I view "the swamp" as meaning people with decades of public sector experience. These picks have private sector experience and are giving up good jobs to serve the American people.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 04:52:54 PM »

I view "the swamp" as meaning people with decades of public sector experience. These picks have private sector experience and are giving up good jobs to serve the American people.

Serve the American people = fatten their wallets
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 04:55:06 PM »

Don't forget Amway...

That's fine that they have private sector experience but if you think these picks will change Washington and make it any less corrupt you are so sorely mistaken.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 05:03:31 PM »

Clearly, we're not interpreting the word "drain" correctly...
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 05:48:28 PM »

This is what I question.

Do you really believe this? Really?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 05:49:39 PM »

The mental gymnastics of Trump supporters is pretty pathetic

It's like a battered housewife who defends her husband because "you don't know him like I do...what he really means"

Exactly. They are in denial. And they are also delusional. Sad.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »

Groupp*$$ in the swamp seems more apt at this point.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 06:12:27 PM »

They're going to rob this country stupid. Watch.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 06:22:51 PM »

It's not really surprising he would hire CEOs of large corporations.  This is Trump's world and these are the people he knows.  The problem with this of course is that working in the private sector where your job is to maximize profit even if that means breaking laws (or finding ways so that the laws don't affect your business) is very different than being a public servant where your job is the exact opposite.  You're basically asked to switch from being selfish to being selfless and I'm not sure how easy that is or how willing they are to do it.
The Bush administration had many people from the public sector, especially from the oil industry and the construction sector and we all saw where that led us (these were probably the only two industries that benefited from the war in Iraq).
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 06:33:09 PM »

It's not really surprising he would hire CEOs of large corporations.  This is Trump's world and these are the people he knows. The problem with this of course is that working in the private sector where your job is to maximize profit even if that means breaking laws (or finding ways so that the laws don't affect your business) is very different than being a public servant where your job is the exact opposite.  You're basically asked to switch from being selfish to being selfless and I'm not sure how easy that is or how willing they are to do it.
You expect people to take your post seriously by saying this?...
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 06:35:50 PM »

It's not really surprising he would hire CEOs of large corporations.  This is Trump's world and these are the people he knows. The problem with this of course is that working in the private sector where your job is to maximize profit even if that means breaking laws (or finding ways so that the laws don't affect your business) is very different than being a public servant where your job is the exact opposite.  You're basically asked to switch from being selfish to being selfless and I'm not sure how easy that is or how willing they are to do it.

Certainly more seriously than a post such as yours which lacks any substance whatsoever.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 08:30:48 PM »

...yes? Corporations are literally not ALLOWED to be run for any other reason in this country.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 08:39:28 PM »

Wrestle In The Swamp!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 08:47:11 PM »

It's not really surprising he would hire CEOs of large corporations.  This is Trump's world and these are the people he knows. The problem with this of course is that working in the private sector where your job is to maximize profit even if that means breaking laws (or finding ways so that the laws don't affect your business) is very different than being a public servant where your job is the exact opposite.  You're basically asked to switch from being selfish to being selfless and I'm not sure how easy that is or how willing they are to do it.

...yes? Corporations are literally not ALLOWED to be run for any other reason in this country.
Destroying shareholder value by conducting business illegally is how businesses are supposed to be run? Read the original post again.

Also, there is a big difference between maximizing book profit and shareholder value.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 08:55:45 PM »

Trump voters are getting exactly what they voted for.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 09:13:24 PM »

It's not really surprising he would hire CEOs of large corporations.  This is Trump's world and these are the people he knows. The problem with this of course is that working in the private sector where your job is to maximize profit even if that means breaking laws (or finding ways so that the laws don't affect your business) is very different than being a public servant where your job is the exact opposite.  You're basically asked to switch from being selfish to being selfless and I'm not sure how easy that is or how willing they are to do it.

Destroying shareholder value by conducting business illegally is how businesses are supposed to be run? Read the original post again.

Also, there is a big difference between maximizing book profit and shareholder value.

It pains me so much to be a leftist right now when people make arguments devoid of facts. It's getting incredibly difficult to rationalize lately.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2016, 09:15:09 PM »

I read the original post. Conducting business illegally is only damaging to shareholder value if you get caught.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I know that but people are allowed to talk colloquially about these things.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2016, 09:18:52 PM »

I read the original post. Conducting business illegally is only damaging to shareholder value if you get caught.
That reads like the job description of a mob boss, not a CEO. (and please, let's not equate the two)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2016, 10:01:26 PM »

Do you think the American people will be served stuffed or deep-fried?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2016, 10:10:50 PM »

If we don't like what Trump and his crony's do, then we can take to the streets. We have power collectively. We don't have to take abuse sitting down. We can always revolt. Even grannies and grandpas have their breaking point, especially when you try to mess with Social Security and Medicare.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2016, 12:10:45 AM »

If we don't like what Trump and his crony's do, then we can take to the streets. We have power collectively. We don't have to take abuse sitting down. We can always revolt. Even grannies and grandpas have their breaking point, especially when you try to mess with Social Security and Medicare.

Most of them voted for Trump. As far as I'm concerned, they can die quickly if it means they won't be voting in 2020.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 07:17:48 AM »

It's "Build the Swamp" silly.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies