Democrats: Which coalition would you prefer your party have? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:27:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats: Which coalition would you prefer your party have? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which?
Pre-1990s class based coalition

Post 1990s "third way" coalition

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Democrats: Which coalition would you prefer your party have?  (Read 1517 times)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« on: December 10, 2016, 07:01:08 PM »

Class based. Rednecks in, yuppies out.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 02:32:28 PM »

Let's suppose we get a purely working class party like the days of old (plus minorities), like the vast majority of Atlasian Democrats seem to want.  Which, if we are to use Pew's terminology from that 2014 poll, would mean a Democratic Party composed of mainly Solid Liberals, Hard-Pressed Skeptics, and the Faith and Family Left, while essentially bidding adieu to the Next Generation Left.  

That would mean a more socially conservative party in addition to being more economically populist if we want to reflect our altered demographics faithfully.  

Is that what you really want?  

That sounds great
That's what I've been dreaming of for years. That's what the Democratic Party was founded on, that's what the Democratic Party strove for during the New Deal, and that's the Democratic Party we need today.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 05:23:16 PM »

Let's suppose we get a purely working class party like the days of old (plus minorities), like the vast majority of Atlasian Democrats seem to want.  Which, if we are to use Pew's terminology from that 2014 poll, would mean a Democratic Party composed of mainly Solid Liberals, Hard-Pressed Skeptics, and the Faith and Family Left, while essentially bidding adieu to the Next Generation Left.  

That would mean a more socially conservative party in addition to being more economically populist if we want to reflect our altered demographics faithfully.  

That sounds great
That's what I've been dreaming of for years. That's what the Democratic Party was founded on, that's what the Democratic Party strove for during the New Deal, and that's the Democratic Party we need today.

This is why its a good thing that Atlas dems aren't the driving force in the party.
Yeah. If they were, eugenics would be a major part of the platform Wink
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 07:44:53 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2016, 08:31:35 AM by White Trash »

That sounds great

This is why its a good thing that Atlas dems aren't the driving force in the party.
Yeah. If they were, eugenics would be a major part of the platform Wink

*facepalm* Did you even read my recent posts in those boards.

More importantly, are you aware that more socon = opposition to gay marriage, opposition to letting trans people even exist, etc.?
I'm entirely messing with ya on the eugenics thing, your position on it isn't that bad. Also, the Democratic Party doesn't necessarily need to be firmly SoCon, it just needs to stop shutting these folks out entirely. There out to be at least a socially moderate element within the Democrat party. One thing that ought to happen is the defederalization of abortion as an issue, consider it is such a hot button issue. There are plenty of folks in Alabama, Louisiana, and the rest of the South that wouldn't be opposed to voting for Democratic candidates if abortion wasn't such a divisive issue.

And as far as I know, SoCon doesn't exclusively mean opposition to gay marriage and being transphobic. I'm a decently Socially Conservative person and support gay marriage and the rights of transsexual Americans. There are such things as nuanced Social Conservatives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies