Could Steve Bullock win the democratic nomination ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:46:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Could Steve Bullock win the democratic nomination ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: If Bullock seeked nomination, would he win it
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Could Steve Bullock win the democratic nomination ?  (Read 2231 times)
kyc0705

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2018, 03:41:26 PM »

This forum’s deification of Steve Bullock and Jon Tester has reached frightening levels, tbh.

I'm guessing Atlas was probably inexplicably and irrationally obsessed with Brian Schweitzer in 2016 as well.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »

This forum’s deification of Steve Bullock and Jon Tester has reached frightening levels, tbh.

I'm guessing Atlas was probably inexplicably and irrationally obsessed with Brian Schweitzer in 2016 as well.

When Schweitzer was teasing a 2016 presidential run back in 2013 and 2014, he spent much of it attacking fellow Democrats...e.g.:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=183000.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=185362.0

so whatever attention he got here was justified by the fact that he was being entertaining.

Also, the second thread I linked to above has this great quote:

Nominating anyone other than Clinton is handing the GOP the Presidency for at least 4 years.
kyc0705

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2018, 03:49:15 PM »

Nominating anyone other than Clinton is handing the GOP the Presidency for at least 4 years.

Life comes at you fast Tongue
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2018, 03:52:13 PM »

The Democratic donors want someone like Gillibrand, Booker or Harris because they're scared someone more on the economic left will raise taxes and therefore would rather have an obsessive social issues candidate.

They all are advocating Medicare for all which will require massive tax increases to pay for considering we already aren't actually paying for our current Medicare program.

But Gillibrand, Booker, and Harris are somehow "centrists" even though no one outside of the Atlas bubble will see them as even remotely moderate on even economics. And they all have extremely liberal voting records.

I seriously don't understand why people think Medicare for all can be done with the click of a button. It's an extremely leftwing and expensive thing to pass. This isn't a small commitment.

If that were true, you wouldn't have places like the UK having it and Tories themselves not disputing it...not even at the height of Thatcher.

Also, similar things were said of Medicare/Medicaid in the '60's, and Social Security in the '30's.

Comparing US and the UK is dumb for obvious reasons. We're completely different countries.

FDR and LBJ only implemented those with huge 20% landslides and a massively lopsided democratic congress.

Sure, if the next democrat in 2020 wins by 20% and gets a massively lopsided democratic congress, they can do Medicare for all. Something tells me they will not win by 20%.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2018, 04:30:56 PM »

Life comes at you fast Tongue

Well, in 2013 she was leading Republicans by double digits while Biden was getting clobbered, and no one took Bernie and his wing serious at that point. By the time I made this post I think she was beginning to do worse, but really it was a reasonable assumption to make considering how weak the rest of the field appeared to be at that point. It wasn't until 2015 that her favorables really plummeted.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 11:26:12 PM »

He'd be a strong candidate..hits the tones that win a national campaign instead of DC and New York donors pet issues.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?443478-1/governor-steve-bullock-campaigns-iowa-attorney-general-candidate
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies