How exactly can Kanye West win the Democratic nomination? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:20:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  How exactly can Kanye West win the Democratic nomination? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How exactly can Kanye West win the Democratic nomination?  (Read 5032 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 10, 2016, 10:14:05 PM »

He can't win.

He won't try.

He's nuts.

He's a jerk.

I can't believe this is being taken seriously by serious folks.

If he is nominated, he'll only carry DC, and even there, the Republican may get 30%.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 09:21:56 AM »

What Democrats have to be concerned about is Kanye West being a guy who gets to "hang around" in the Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton mode.  Jackson and Sharpton are guys who can't shut up, take blatantly hostile positions and postures toward white voters, and loudly demand "a seat at the table" and threaten to claim victimstance if their "demands" are denied.

Jackson and Sharpton are obstacles for the Democrats to overcome, even now.  I have often wonder if either of these guys are GOP plants; they hinder the Democrats more than help them.  They are shakedown artists and blackmailers, and the Democratic Party loses standing with ordinary voters when they give in and treat Al Sharpton as if he's worthy of the Presidency.  Jackson's one thing; Sharpton's a scam artist who needed to be told to leave and not come back by the Democrats years ago.  Perhaps with Kanye West (if he's really "running"), the Democrats can finally get it right on blackmailers and shakedown artists.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 07:37:23 AM »

I'm trying to imagine what kind of people would even sign on to manage his campaign.  Would he even be able to hire people who know the system well enough to deal with ballot access issues in the primaries?

Also, it would be fun to see him up on the debate stage with all the "normal" candidates, but I don't really see that ever happening.

The Democratic Party would be pilloried for letting him onstage with the "normal" candidates.

Trump was a major international businessman.  West is a jerk, and everyone knows it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies