Austrian Elections & Politics 3.0 - Parliamentary Election: Oct. 15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:36:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 3.0 - Parliamentary Election: Oct. 15 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you vote in the Oct. 15 election ?
SPÖ
ÖVP
FPÖ
Greens
NEOS
PILZ
KPÖ+
FLÖ
G!LT
Whites
For a small regional party
I'd vote invalid
I'd stay home
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 3.0 - Parliamentary Election: Oct. 15  (Read 193863 times)
Omega21

« on: January 10, 2017, 03:14:09 PM »

The number of Catholics dropped to a new record low at the end of 2016, according to a new report out today:

59% of Austrians are now Catholic (5.16 million), but that number is down 1% compared with a year ago.

For example, during Census 2001 (the last to survey religion), about 74% were Catholics.

That means the Catholic share among the population will drop to below 50% in the year 2025.

The number of Protestants is in a similar decline: Their share went from about 6.5% of the population in 1971 to about 3.2% now, while other Christians represent about 3% of the population.

Altogether, about 65% are now Christian.

The number of Muslims, like those of the non-religious, is rising rapidely:

In 1971, there were only a handful of Muslims in Austria (0% of the population).

In 1991, it rose to 2% and in 2001 to 4.2%

The latest estimate (incl. the mostly Muslim immigrants from the past few years) put the percentage to around 8% of the population. This is expected to rise to around 10% by 2020.

To sum it up:

59% Catholics
  3% Protestants
  3% Other Christians
  8% Muslims
  1% Others (Jewish, Hindu, Buddhists etc.)
26% No religion (or former members)

http://derstandard.at/2000050476867/Zahl-der-Kirchenaustritte-2016-leicht-gesunken

Isn't the number of Orthodox Christians higher than 3%?
Omega21

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:13:36 PM »

Muna Duzdar (SPÖ), the first Muslim cabinet member in Austria (she's of Palestinian origin), has visited Israel recently.

She praised Israel for being the "start-up country #1" and wants to bring some Israeli know-how to Austria.

http://derstandard.at/2000050161381/Duzdar-holte-sich-Tipps-der-Start-up-Nation-in-Israel

(when she became a Minister, the FPÖ subtly attacked her for being "anti-Israel" because of her Palestinian origins and also - subtly - because she's Muslim, even though she has often said that she's non-religious, but was only raised Muslim ... Tongue)

She's also a strong advocate for gay rights in the "It gets better" campaign and an advocate against hate speech on social media, but doesn't want to ban "fake-news" - calling it censorship.

More on Duzdar and Israel:

http://www.jta.org/2017/01/20/news-opinion/world/austrias-state-secretary-being-palestinian-doesnt-make-me-anti-israel

It always amazes me how they manage to take a crap on themselves with their statements.

Guess that's why they always end up drowning themselves, even though the current Situation in Austria (mainly Immigration) is a godsend for the Right.
Omega21

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 09:23:55 AM »

they are so established and strong over here that they never fear for any kind of backlash.

and it won't cost them any votes they would get otherwise....the FPÖ is a known metric and its content isn't veiled.

If I could Vote, in certain Circumstances (like 2015) I would maybe give my Vote to them (for the simple reason that I value Immigration and National Identity more than other currently popular topics, even though I am also a Migrant in Austria). But they always make these retarded decisions that in the end make me think that they could very well be a Joke.

Omega21

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 03:53:05 PM »

Would ski masks and balaclavas be allowed?

Depends if you are on the slope or not ... Tongue

Anyway, it would be pretty stupid to ban ski masks ... in Austria (which is the home of skiing).

This proposed facial veil ban seems to be pretty half-baked to me, and we'll have to see if it will actually become law.

Do you support it?
Omega21

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 01:15:47 PM »

hm...i am split between my general perma-doubt against everything written in this trash-tabloid and my firm belief that such problems exist.

Then you should visit the Muslim Kindergarten near MA 35, near Dresdner Straße.

Or you can just smoke a Cigarette on the Sidewalk and see Muslim Women taking their 5-7-Year-old Headscarf-wearing Daughters out of it.

Omega21

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 02:06:47 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2017, 02:08:22 PM by Omega21 »

On another topic, I find it odd that no pollster so far has tested by how much the ÖVP's polling numbers would explode with Sebastian Kurz as their leader ...

What's so great about this kid?

He's the ÖVP's version of Justin Trudeau:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=254431.msg5456652#msg5456652

Fun fact:

Kurz in the Balkan Languages means Penis, and the all the Newspapers had headlines saying: "Our Prime minister receives penis"..

Good guy though, hope that he saves the OVP.
Omega21

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 04:46:37 PM »

Here's an ad from the Greens, aimed personally at you Tongue

I took the picture at the U-Bahn station next to the University of Vienna. Have been seeing a lot of them there.

Translation: Who thinks Green, but votes Red (SPÖ), can only get Blue (FPÖ)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies