Austrian Elections & Politics 3.0 - Parliamentary Election: Oct. 15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:15:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 3.0 - Parliamentary Election: Oct. 15 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you vote in the Oct. 15 election ?
SPÖ
ÖVP
FPÖ
Greens
NEOS
PILZ
KPÖ+
FLÖ
G!LT
Whites
For a small regional party
I'd vote invalid
I'd stay home
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 3.0 - Parliamentary Election: Oct. 15  (Read 193980 times)
Klartext89

« on: January 19, 2017, 03:22:12 AM »

I'm pretty sure that Kurz will become Chancellor after a snap election in 2017 (probably in the fall).

Why?

1. FPÖ will be strongest Party with around 33-35%.
2. ÖVP and SPÖ won't have a majority.
3. ÖVP knows that a coalition without FPÖ but with far-left Greens or social-liberal Neos will get the party totally doomed and FPÖ will be above 40 soon.
4. Strache was/is FPÖ Leader and therefore candidate for chancellor. President VanderBellen denies to confirm/appoint him, there is the danger of a constitutional crisis and damage for the democracy. Therefore FPÖ and ÖVP will agree on Kurz as Chancellor, VanderBellen will agree on accepting the FPÖ nominations for the Cabinet positions.

All in all, I can totally live with an ÖVP chancellor, because it's about policy, not about names.
Klartext89

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 04:13:42 AM »

Any news regarding the "majority bonus" for the biggest party? If there's a snap general election this year, is it more possible to beheld with or without these bonus?

I'm sure that the SPÖVP coalition will break in the next week(s) and we get that election. SPÖ can only win: By now, Kern is popular, Strache not Hofer will be FPÖ leader, ÖVP will not burn Kurz. This could be different in 2018. With Kern not being "new" anymore, Hofer as FPÖ leader and Kurz as ÖVP leader, it could be a blowout for SPÖ.

Nevertheless, if FPÖ can't convert the current situation into a 33%+ first place finish, then they don't deserve to govern. It's like playing Soccer with one goal up and the other team being one man down. If you can't win, you're uterly stupid.
Klartext89

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 04:26:58 AM »

Any news regarding the "majority bonus" for the biggest party? If there's a snap general election this year, is it more possible to beheld with or without these bonus?

I'm sure that the SPÖVP coalition will break in the next week(s) and we get that election. SPÖ can only win: By now, Kern is popular, Strache not Hofer will be FPÖ leader, ÖVP will not burn Kurz. This could be different in 2018. With Kern not being "new" anymore, Hofer as FPÖ leader and Kurz as ÖVP leader, it could be a blowout for SPÖ.

Nevertheless, if FPÖ can't convert the current situation into a 33%+ first place finish, then they don't deserve to govern. It's like playing Soccer with one goal up and the other team being one man down. If you can't win, you're uterly stupid.

The "Majority Bonus" is only part of Kern's "Plan A", which he outlined in his speech.

For it to become law, the constitution has to be changed with a 2/3 majority.

That means one of FPÖ or Greens has to vote with the government, but both have said they want to keep the current PR system instead of a FPTP system.

Thank you, good to know.
Klartext89

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 10:40:27 AM »

No riots, no destroyed shops/cars, knocked/hurt people?

Oh, I forgot that a Leftist won.
Klartext89

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 04:50:07 PM »

Surprisingly, you missed to tell us that the old senile Gertrud from the horrible ad hominem van der Bellen campaign was a campaign plot and nothing close to reality or self-motivated... ;-)

But of course, it's faaaaaaaaaar more important that a local FPÖ ex-member congratulated Adolf Hitler on Facebook :-D

Honestly, stop being a political heck or stop pretending to be impartial in this thread!
Klartext89

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 06:37:27 AM »

this is not based on any available facts.

as far as we know, her life story was double-checked and she also volunteered herself. the presentation was done by an important advertising agency which now also got a price for it.

Of course it is and you know it ;-)

I really hurt your feelings, yesterday :-D

Dude, stop grieving about the fact that your Führer Hofer lost.

You ran a good campaign, especially considering the recent flops of Wilders and Le Pen yesterday, but after 1 year it should definitely be time now to accept your loss.

And stop attacking Holocaust survivors !

Won't work ;-) Seems that I have to check the thread more often to correct your #alternativefacts.

PS: Stop whining ;-)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies