Austrian Elections & Politics 3.0 - Parliamentary Election: Oct. 15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:04:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 3.0 - Parliamentary Election: Oct. 15 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you vote in the Oct. 15 election ?
SPÖ
ÖVP
FPÖ
Greens
NEOS
PILZ
KPÖ+
FLÖ
G!LT
Whites
For a small regional party
I'd vote invalid
I'd stay home
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 3.0 - Parliamentary Election: Oct. 15  (Read 193868 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: December 18, 2016, 02:49:41 PM »

Is a SPÖ-NEOS-Green possible in the future?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 08:03:15 AM »

So OVP-FPO likely?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 06:54:05 AM »
« Edited: December 31, 2016, 07:04:12 AM by President François de la Rocque »

Doesn't look too bad for the SPÖ
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 02:33:46 PM »

Today, the FPÖ will hold their New Year's meeting in the Salzburg Arena.

Party leader Strache will give a 2-hour long speech in front of 3000 guests. He'll start with a look back at 2016 and the presidential race, then focus on jobs and the economy, followed by immigration and security issues.

Ahead of Strache, there will be speeches from Norbert Hofer and Salzburg's new FPÖ-party leader Marlene Svazek (24) - the youngest, female party leader so far in Austria.

Austria's far-right Freedom Party calls for ban on 'fascistic Islam'

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-austria-fpo-idUSKBN14Y0N1?il=0
Muh they have moderated themselves so much Smiley Smiley

Anyway, hopefully an OVP-FPO government
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 06:07:10 AM »

Is a SPÖ-FPÖ possible ?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 12:19:30 PM »

If Kurz wins, OVP-FPO likely ?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 06:17:02 AM »

The FPÖ has meanwhile consulted the other opposition parties today about a common meeting to discuss the date of the early elections.

September 24 would be nice (together with Germany), because you could argue that if Austria votes on Oct. 1 or Oct. 8, our election would be influenced by the outcome of the German one.

So, better hold it on the same day.
Or maybe before.  I would feel as though they would be largely independent from each other, but having them on the same day seems like too much, and if one should come before the other, the Austrian election most likely wouldn't majorly influence the German election.

True, the Austrian election would hardly impact the German one if held before September 24 - but the other way around there could definitely be some influence if it is held on October 1.

I really don't see what's the problem with holding it on the same day as Germany.

Anyway, Kern said yesterday that he wants the vote to be held "no earlier" than October 8 - while Kurz wants it as early as September 17 (right after school holidays end). Nobody wants to vote before that, because people are still on vacation.

I actually agree more with Kurz's plan here (even if I will vote for Kern/SPÖ): Sept. 24 or Oct. 1 looks perfect, because coalition talks will take a while and a new budget needs to be passed in the fall by the new government. So, if Kern wants to vote as late as November (!) there'd be problems to get a proper budget passed in time. The new coalition also has to prepare for next years EU-presidency of Austria.

Will be interesting to see who wins this next battle, the "election date battle", and which side the opposition will back.
You are going to vote for Spo???
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 11:09:31 AM »

Btw I don't expect Kurz to end up at 35% . He's  the favorite but he will most likely end up around 30%.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 02:24:02 PM »

It seems the main findings of the poll (26% ÖVP, 22% SPÖ, 21% FPÖ, 5% Greens, 5% NEOS, 2% others, the rest undecided etc.) would lead to the following result without the undecideds:

32% ÖVP
27% SPÖ
26% FPÖ
  6% Greens
  6% NEOS
  3% Others

Kinda weird that the Greens are this low, but I could see something just like this on election day - for example if many former Green-voters (like me) tactically switch to Kern and the SPÖ because of the close race.
Likeliest coalition according to you?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 07:25:37 AM »

So it appears FPO fails to capitalize lol
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 12:21:32 PM »

The ÖVP-FPÖ coalition in Upper Austria is extremely popular after 2 years in office:

Spectra/OÖN poll

http://www.nachrichten.at/nachrichten/thema/OEVP-sichert-ersten-Platz-ab-Rot-und-Gruen-verharren-im-Tief;art180211,2629994

Compared with the 2015 state elections, the ÖVP gains 6% and the FPÖ 4%.

The new ÖVP-governor Stelzer has a 69-9 approval rating.
Why?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies