Office of Representative-Elect LLR
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:41:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Representative-Elect LLR
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Representative-Elect LLR  (Read 1693 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2016, 04:09:10 PM »
« edited: August 21, 2017, 08:06:34 AM by LLR »

The Office of Rep. LLR in Aspen, Colorado

The beauty of Colorado

Hello, Atlasian citizen! Welcome to my office, where I hope to let you all know about what's going on in Nyman and what i'm doing to make the country a better place. Have a nice stay, it can get cold outside. Want some hot chocolate?

My record:

Northeastern Assemblyman: February 2016-April 2016
Northeastern Speaker: April 2016
Northern Assemblyman: August 2016-September 2016
Northern Senator: October 2016-November 2016
Fremont Senator: December 2016-April 2017
Atlasian Representative: September 2016-October 2016, May 2017-June 2017, [September 2017-]
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:48:38 PM »

You're probably wondering: What in the devil could LLR have to say right now? Well, this office hasn't got much use out of it, but I am with you all today to announce a run for Senate PPT. I am confident I will be active and aggressive in maintaining the complicated congressional rules, and will work with future Speaker NC Yankee to make Congress work. Let's make the Senate work!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 08:15:13 AM »

As you may know, I have declared my intention for my re-election to my Senate seat. I also seem to have drawn an opponent. I welcome my challenger, and wish him luck (but not too much). In my time in the Senate, I have created the Gas Tax Act (recently passed), and produced many amendments and suggestions that keep our government working better. I'm an outspoken advocate for the working man, something my libertarian opponent is not, and a valuable member of Labor leadership.

If you have any questions about my positions, accomplishments, or plans for government, feel free to ask me here! Thank you! Smiley

Don't forget to Vote LLR in April!
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 08:24:10 AM »

Endorsed, of course!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 10:25:09 AM »

I'm an outspoken advocate for the working man, something my libertarian opponent is not

Depends on what you think will help the working man Tongue

Good luck in any case!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 02:55:56 PM »

Endorsed for reelection!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 02:58:08 PM »

Endorsed over Low-energy Ted!.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 06:14:02 PM »

Endorsed!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 06:24:58 PM »

Endorsed!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 03:58:55 PM »

My friends, I understand that you have a choice to make in this election. But think about it - would you rather have a true fighter for the Atlasian people who prioritizes the middle class and our small businesses, or a faux-libertarian who wants businesses to run free? My opponent claims to have sound leadership, but he listens to Rush! Let's face it - I have the right experience, and I have not let you down so far. Ted is inactive and has very little substance - so little I have no idea what his campaign stands for! With me you know what you're getting - populist reform to make government work for those who need it most. I've already had my Gas Tax bill pass into law, and I've sponsored two upcoming bills that show common sense liberal reform to help make everyone's lives better.

VOTE LLR - TRANSPARENCY, EXPERIENCE, JUDGMENT
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 04:05:30 PM »

Endorsed!
Tirnam
France

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 06:03:20 AM »

Endorsed!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 01:52:04 PM »

What is your position on taxes, and if elected what is your plan for tax reform?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 02:54:44 PM »

Endorsed
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 03:12:46 PM »

What is your position on taxes, and if elected what is your plan for tax reform?

I believe that taxes should be high on the wealthy and low on the working class. I generally support your tax plans and you've presented them, and will be willing to work with my fellow Congresspeople to make the best tax plans we can.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 05:01:20 PM »

Don't forget to get your great campaign banners, courtesy of my boy Truman!

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 10:39:14 PM »

If it wasn't already obvious, I will be supporting LLR for another term as our senator and urge my fellow Fremontians to do likewise. Unlike so many in Nyman, he understands that this country needs action, not pretty words and empty promises, and I trust him to continue to represent our region with the decisive integrity he has thus far exhibited.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 09:12:21 PM »

Final Question, I just like asking them, What is your opinion of the Department of Peace Act?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 12:01:46 AM »

Final Question, I just like asking them, What is your opinion of the Department of Peace Act?
FYI (not to intrude, but I just noticed this), that bill is unconstitutional; the creation of new executive departments is the exclusive domain of the president.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 05:56:22 AM »

Besides Truman's concern, I certainly support the motive. I value peace above basically everything else, and I think we should do anything we can to get Atlasia out of messy foreign conflicts. I hope we can find a solution to this that is more constitutional.

(Sorry if this makes no sense I just woke up Tongue)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 01:48:34 PM »

FYI (not to intrude, but I just noticed this), that bill is unconstitutional; the creation of new executive departments is the exclusive domain of the president.

Really? Exclusively? Article IV, Section 2, Subsection 3 states: The President has the power "to establish such executive departments as may be necessary for the execution of the laws, and to appoint their principle officers with the advice and consent of the Senate;". I see no where in the document, where it states that it is unconstitutional for a bill to be proposed to create a Department, through the legislative branch, if the President does consent.

I see in no where in that statement, which looks to be the sole mention of cabinet department creation and formation, to state that the bill proposed is in any way unconstitutional, nor does not allow the Congress to establish one, through the consent of the Branch.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »

Really? Exclusively? Article IV, Section 2, Subsection 3 states: The President has the power "to establish such executive departments as may be necessary for the execution of the laws, and to appoint their principle officers with the advice and consent of the Senate;". I see no where in the document, where it states that it is unconstitutional for a bill to be proposed to create a Department, through the legislative branch, if the President does consent.

I see in no where in that statement, which looks to be the sole mention of cabinet department creation and formation, to state that the bill proposed is in any way unconstitutional, nor does not allow the Congress to establish one, through the consent of the Branch.
That's the point, though. The creation of new executive offices is not among the enumerated powers of the Atlasian Congress; that power rests with the president in his capacity as head of government.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2017, 04:59:50 PM »

It would be role of the Congress to provide funding for said new department, which is an entirely different matter.

Also, hello, Senator, I'm the newest donator to you slush fund grassroots donation network.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »

That's the point, though. The creation of new executive offices is not among the enumerated powers of the Atlasian Congress; that power rests with the president in his capacity as head of government.
Although the President has the power to pass or veto bills - ie Congress couldn't create new departments without the consent of the President. So if Congress passed the bill, the President would have the final say on the creation of the office?

The bill could be changed to be a resolution, otherwise.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2017, 08:53:24 PM »

^^^ My thinking exactly.

I would be more than happy to change it to a resolution, if that would ensure constitutionality.

I still don't read it as, the President can ONLY make executive departments (among their other powers), even if it proposed by another branch, which would be to the exclusion of the legislative branch. My bill was based on the way Executive Departments have been established in real life, of course there is no Constitutional provision of giving sole power to the establishment of Executive Departments in our reality.

I think my point here is, one: if the President consents, then it is most definitely constitutional, and two: shouldn't the executive's power distribution be helped established by the legislative branch. The fine line between what our separation of powers among the branches, is always at question, but I think establishing this to be a resolution for which the President can use his/her power, is in no doubt a valid part of the Constitution.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies