MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:17:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232712 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2825 on: May 26, 2017, 12:53:24 AM »

I know Franklin Delano Roosevelt. My great-grandparents voted for Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Bernie Sanders is no Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

+100. And there is no Great Depression for almost 4 years NOW, as it was by the time of FDR election. I admire FDR, but US now is not what it was in November 1932.... And after depression was ... well, mitigated by 1937-38, even FDR began to have some problems and to lose some "initial supporters" (in the South, for example, which gradually began to doubt him at least..).

Another untrue statement. FDR won every single state in the South in 1940 - To repeat, every single one & had 449 Electoral college votes.

The great depression will never be similar to any even that has happened after that (as someone who has studied it a bit), but the conditions in many ways are remarkable similar - Similar rates of tax rates, falling real wages for the middle & lower class, massive income inequality, stock market crash & slowdown, abuse of power by financial institutions, concentration of economic & political power.

If people are looking for exact replication of the Great Depression, it may never come in human history !

Naaturally - he did. It was a SOLID South then. But a lot of Southern politicians began quietly (and in some cases - openly) sabotage him and his programseven before. Remember "Conservative Manifesto"? Or "Texas Regulars"?. It was a begiining of end for FDR coalition of 1932-36

It was not just the South, but conservative faction was always opposed to FDR who he bullied, conducted primaries & defeated & connected personally with people to win big & bypass them. Your comments about the South are totally untrue & paints an incorrect picture of history.

FDR won every single Southern state in 1936 (against massive opposition from conservatives & in general  all financial elites, it was FDR vs everyone else) & again in 1940 (when he had a mini rebellion & even turned down the nomination at the convention) & then again in 1948 - Every single time. The Republican won 0 states in the South in 1948 against Truman when Truman was supposed to destroyed in an election where his upset is considered to be far greater than Trump. Truman won every Southern state bar 4 which went to Thurmond, an Ex-democrat, who opposed Truman trying to end segregation! Thurmond as senator would provide the longest filibuster to the the Civil Rights & he was a raging racist. And Truman ran as a raging liberal by today's standards & ran on Single payer (FDR ran as a wild left economic candidate).

Democrats won only 8 states in 1952, 6 of them were in the deep South, the other 2 were KY & WV. In 1956 or 1960 or 1964 - Democrats have won in the South in every of these elections over the GOP - For atleast 30 years on a stretch! This talk of ending of the FDR coalition around 1936 in the South is a completely false statement. The South was a strong bastion for Democrats
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2826 on: May 26, 2017, 12:59:54 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2017, 01:04:55 AM by MT Treasurer »

Maybe I'm a tad too drunk, but I'm trying to think of how to even do that? Would we compare MT 2014 against the national House PV for 2014, and then stack that up against the 2017 margins (no trend for 2017)?

Comparing the county results against the statewide results. I was thinking about something like this:

2014: Statewide margin: R+15, Yellowstone margin: R+21.5
2017: Statewide margin: R+7, Yellowstone margin: R+19

--> The state swung 8 points to the left from 2014-2017, but Yellowstone County swung only 2.5 points Democratic. Hence, Yellowstone trended 5.5 points Republican.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2827 on: May 26, 2017, 01:03:46 AM »

Now that the election is done and dusted, I think it's time to showcase some of the highlights of the great minds on Breitbart comments:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/25/greg-gianforte-montana-special-election-win/

And so on...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2828 on: May 26, 2017, 01:05:43 AM »

Now that the election is done and dusted, I think it's time to showcase some of the highlights of the great minds on Breitbart comments:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/25/greg-gianforte-montana-special-election-win/

And so on...

So much economic anxiety
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2829 on: May 26, 2017, 01:06:37 AM »

And so on...

Pwned.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2830 on: May 26, 2017, 01:07:21 AM »

And so on...

I'm becoming a gun owner.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2831 on: May 26, 2017, 01:12:22 AM »

Fellow forum lefties pls stop fighting amongst yourselves and become hardcore misanthropes like me.  Realize that most Americans are terrible

I've known people are terrible since I was a kid. White Americans have been up to now, and even now, better than most people. You guys elected a N_g__ president. How many countries would that happen? Even Sonia Gandhi had to step down in 2004. You haven't seen Chinese people. Their nationalism is off the charts. But I've always known that the masses are not decent, anywhere.

That's why it's always bothered me that for the past 14 years, since Howard Dean's campaign in 2003, you've always had "progressives" -- whether it was Markos or Thomas Frank back in the day, or Sanders more recently -- attack the Democrats for being too moderate and compromising when they should just "stand up for their values." "I'd rather someone who says what they thinks, even if they lose," they always say. If I stood up for my values I'd be crushed. I've known that since I was 13 years old. That's what I think. I think Bill Clinton knew that too, which is why he did what he did. I feel sorry that so many hate him now. The only thing we can hope for is half a loaf of bread and gradual, incremental change.

Beet--- have you been drinking excessive quantities of Hard A???

Last time I partied in DC back in something like '03, somewhere around the DuPont Circle Neighborhood, it seemed that the bars closed at 3 AM.

Although we are on very different sides when it comes to the past, present, and future of the Democratic Party, it sounds like you are slightly *on tilt* at the moment (Old Texas Hold 'Em/ Poker Expression). Honestly reading this previous post of yours made very little sense at all, even trying to look at it from an objective perspective.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #2832 on: May 26, 2017, 01:17:37 AM »

HOW DID GIANFORTE WIN A MAJORITY, LET ALONE BY 7 POINTS?!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2833 on: May 26, 2017, 01:18:20 AM »

Fellow forum lefties pls stop fighting amongst yourselves and become hardcore misanthropes like me.  Realize that most Americans are terrible

I've known people are terrible since I was a kid. White Americans have been up to now, and even now, better than most people. You guys elected a N_g__ president. How many countries would that happen? Even Sonia Gandhi had to step down in 2004. You haven't seen Chinese people. Their nationalism is off the charts. But I've always known that the masses are not decent, anywhere.

That's why it's always bothered me that for the past 14 years, since Howard Dean's campaign in 2003, you've always had "progressives" -- whether it was Markos or Thomas Frank back in the day, or Sanders more recently -- attack the Democrats for being too moderate and compromising when they should just "stand up for their values." "I'd rather someone who says what they thinks, even if they lose," they always say. If I stood up for my values I'd be crushed. I've known that since I was 13 years old. That's what I think. I think Bill Clinton knew that too, which is why he did what he did. I feel sorry that so many hate him now. The only thing we can hope for is half a loaf of bread and gradual, incremental change.

Last time I partied in DC back in something like '03, somewhere around the DuPont Circle Neighborhood, it seemed that the bars closed at 3 AM.

Although we are on very different sides when it comes to the past, present, and future of the Democratic Party, it sounds like you are slightly *on tilt* at the moment (Old Texas Hold 'Em/ Poker Expression). Honestly reading this previous post of yours made very little sense at all, even trying to look at it from an objective perspective.

Seriously man, sleep it off.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2834 on: May 26, 2017, 01:20:43 AM »

Maybe I'm a tad too drunk, but I'm trying to think of how to even do that? Would we compare MT 2014 against the national House PV for 2014, and then stack that up against the 2017 margins (no trend for 2017)?

Comparing the county results against the statewide results. I was thinking about something like this:

2014: Statewide margin: R+15, Yellowstone margin: R+21.5
2017: Statewide margin: R+7, Yellowstone margin: R+19

--> The state swung 8 points to the left from 2014-2017, but Yellowstone County swung only 2.5 points Democratic. Hence, Yellowstone trended 5.5 points Republican.

Well for now, this is all you're getting. Tongue

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2835 on: May 26, 2017, 01:20:43 AM »

And so on...

I'm becoming a gun owner.

Eh, I've had that thought, but probably not the best idea. Also re: your signature, I agreed the masses are not decent, but individuals are still mostly decent.

Oh I am more lucid than I have ever been in my life. The 7 point win was exactly my prediction right before assaultgate. I finally overcame the 1,000 gaslighting mofos saying I'm crazy and decided to believe the evidence I observe rather than what people say.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2836 on: May 26, 2017, 01:20:56 AM »

You guys elected a N_g__ president.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2837 on: May 26, 2017, 01:28:06 AM »

Sorry for the dublicate posts everyone, I was having wifi troubles.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2838 on: May 26, 2017, 01:29:56 AM »

Seriously, why hasn't glacier county reported?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2839 on: May 26, 2017, 01:30:54 AM »

Are you sure it's not the site? I've been having a hell of a wait time posting the last hour or so
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2840 on: May 26, 2017, 01:31:28 AM »

Looks like we're gonna beat 2014 turnout (200 votes short right now): GOP at 92% of 2014 numbers and Dems at 107%.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2841 on: May 26, 2017, 01:31:58 AM »

Are you sure it's not the site? I've been having a hell of a wait time posting the last hour or so

It's the site - it's been lagging for a couple of hours now. I had a post that it said timed out or whatever but still ended up posting.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2842 on: May 26, 2017, 01:33:08 AM »

It's the site - it's been lagging for a couple of hours now. I had a post that it said timed out or whatever but still ended up posting.

Do you know why Glacier county has not reported any votes at all?
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2843 on: May 26, 2017, 01:37:00 AM »

Everything except Missoula and Glacier is at 100% in now.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2844 on: May 26, 2017, 01:37:36 AM »

Everything except Missoula and Glacier is at 100% in now.

Why has Glacier county not reported anything???
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2845 on: May 26, 2017, 01:46:57 AM »

Seriously man, sleep it off.

Sorry Badger---

Not quite sure why you are singling me out, considering unlike many other posters on the thread I have not been drinking , and it is my weekend, since I work in the Factory on everyone else's weekend....

Still, I appreciate your concern as a self-appointed Mod, simply because I happen to have a few disagreements on substantive issues with a fellow poster.

Maybe you should take a look at the past 120+ pages of the thread and single out individual posters simply because they disagree on various political issues as a self appointed mod?

You are out of your element Donny (Big Lebowski link below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS8X2Qp_6aA
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2846 on: May 26, 2017, 01:52:07 AM »

If I had to guess, this will be the final result:

GIANFORTE   206500   49.05%
QUIST      190500   45.25%
WICKS      24000   5.70%
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2847 on: May 26, 2017, 01:56:17 AM »

Now everything but Glacier is in.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2848 on: May 26, 2017, 01:57:44 AM »

S[inks]t guys, my 14/17 House swing map is completely wrong - I was looking at the Senate results instead. At any rate, I'll update the image label so that it accurately portrays what it's showing.

An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2849 on: May 26, 2017, 01:59:58 AM »

Wasn't Glacier really late last time? I could've sworn I heard something about long lines in Browning.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies