MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:12:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 119
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232093 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: May 24, 2017, 07:54:46 PM »

If the Republicans were nervous about this election before, they must be in a coma right now.

As a Republican, who would you vote for?
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1526 on: May 24, 2017, 07:55:00 PM »

A question. Doesn't the GOP electorate vote on Election Day, while the Dems turn out in the early vote? I know Trump was trailing in FL, and other battleground states before the ED vote. I don't know how Montana voting patterns so I'm curious.

i think it all comes down to the question, if some republicans are getting cold feet....don't think there are much more dems to motivate.

It'll be hard to move them to Quist, but if Wicks can pick them up, maybe we might have a Bill Clinton 1992 part two... that is if there are enough votes still out.

I guess Claire McCaskill got 55% of the vote because of her popularity right?

TBF, Akin didn't implode a day before the election.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1527 on: May 24, 2017, 07:55:33 PM »

ALL REMAINING MONTANA VOTERS, VOTE WICKS
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1528 on: May 24, 2017, 07:56:03 PM »

A question. Doesn't the GOP electorate vote on Election Day, while the Dems turn out in the early vote? I know Trump was trailing in FL, and other battleground states before the ED vote. I don't know how Montana voting patterns so I'm curious.

i think it all comes down to the question, if some republicans are getting cold feet....don't think there are much more dems to motivate.

It'll be hard to move them to Quist, but if Wicks can pick them up, maybe we might have a Bill Clinton 1992 part two... that is if there are enough votes still out.

Quist and McCaskill are not a fair comparison. Quist is a Berniecrat. That's extra hard to attract conservatives. Splitting with Wicks is the path.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1529 on: May 24, 2017, 07:56:52 PM »

TBF, Akin didn't implode a day before the election.

THIS

at first it was only a flesh wound, but it festered until the election and came home to kill him...

.... not even talking about the obama wave.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1530 on: May 24, 2017, 07:57:40 PM »

Well, like I said before, the early vote is usually counted first on election day, and the most Democratic votes almost always come in first. Bullock was up 13 points (55-42) with roughly 30% of the vote in in 2012, and he only won by 4 in the end.

Ahhh, OK, so yes, the Dems vote early, GOP does ED. That makes more sense about your earlier comment about Quist leading narrowly in the early vote.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1531 on: May 24, 2017, 07:59:02 PM »

Gianforte needs to do damage control now.... somehow... Honestly, IMO it'd be the best if he were just honest about this entire thing and apologized publicly.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1532 on: May 24, 2017, 07:59:12 PM »

If the Republicans were nervous about this election before, they must be in a coma right now.

As a Republican, who would you vote for?

Eh, I wouldn't vote for a guy that body slams reporters just cause they ask questions, in case it ends up being true (Which certainly looks like it).
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1533 on: May 24, 2017, 07:59:22 PM »

Gianforte needs to do damage control now.... somehow... Honestly, IMO it'd be the best if he were just honest about this entire thing and apologized publicly.

That's not enough.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1534 on: May 24, 2017, 08:00:23 PM »

Too late
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1535 on: May 24, 2017, 08:00:34 PM »

This was already basically a tossup before this incident. I think this will drive Quist over the edge.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1536 on: May 24, 2017, 08:00:47 PM »

That's not enough.
Really, it's adorable they think that this is all it would take.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1537 on: May 24, 2017, 08:00:58 PM »

This was already basically a tossup before this incident. I think this will drive Quist over the edge.

Heck yeah!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1538 on: May 24, 2017, 08:01:03 PM »

i guess his team is atm trying to find out if shunning the topic or moving fast-forward is the better idea....

.... since everyone is talking about it and national media is catching it up, i bet an apology is coming.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1539 on: May 24, 2017, 08:01:07 PM »

That's not enough.

Yeah, well, after a congressional candidate body slams a reporter, few things are going to be enough to lessen the damage done.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1540 on: May 24, 2017, 08:01:43 PM »

That's not enough.

Yeah, well, after a congressional candidate body slams a reporter, few things are going to be enough to lessen the damage done.

Only viable thing would be to leave and for the GOP to select someone new.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1541 on: May 24, 2017, 08:02:06 PM »

That's not enough.
Really, it's adorable they think that this is all it would take.

in a close race, it could be enough to convince republican voters to vote for him instead of non-voting or going libertarian.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1542 on: May 24, 2017, 08:02:16 PM »

The team is probably trying to make sure he doesn't get arrested between now and tomorrow morning.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1543 on: May 24, 2017, 08:02:53 PM »

That's not enough.

Yeah, well, it's certainly better than ignoring that it happened.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1544 on: May 24, 2017, 08:03:16 PM »

That's not enough.

Yeah, with 24 hours left. That makes sense.

The best thing is to let it continue as is.  If Gianforte wins, deny him (not sure how this works; not familiar with congressional procedure with this). If Quist wins, so be it.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1545 on: May 24, 2017, 08:03:56 PM »

Too bad this didn't happen a week earlier, otherwise Violent Greg would be finalizing his concession speech now.  Hopefully less pro-assault voters turn out tomorrow like they did in November.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1546 on: May 24, 2017, 08:04:16 PM »

That's not enough.

Yeah, with 24 hours left. That makes sense.

The best thing is to let it continue as is.  If Gianforte wins, deny him (not sure how this works; not familiar with congressional procedure with this). If Quist wins, so be it.

Ethical thing to do. Call it off, and renominate.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1547 on: May 24, 2017, 08:05:08 PM »

Quist handled it well.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1548 on: May 24, 2017, 08:05:36 PM »

I don't know, a third of the electorate is still a lot and those folks tend to be undecideds.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1549 on: May 24, 2017, 08:06:14 PM »

Wow.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 119  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length