MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:54:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 119
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 231840 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: May 24, 2017, 08:27:06 PM »

Gianforte needs to do damage control now.... somehow... Honestly, IMO it'd be the best if he were just honest about this entire thing and apologized publicly.

That's not enough.

Yeah, well, after a congressional candidate body slams a reporter, few things are going to be enough to lessen the damage done.

It's not physically possible for most folks to body slam an adult male.

Girl, bye.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1601 on: May 24, 2017, 08:28:07 PM »

Gianforte needs to do damage control now.... somehow... Honestly, IMO it'd be the best if he were just honest about this entire thing and apologized publicly.

That's not enough.

Yeah, well, after a congressional candidate body slams a reporter, few things are going to be enough to lessen the damage done.

It's not physically possible for most folks to body slam an adult male. If Gianforte can pull that off he is a major stud to be sure.

2017 GOP folks. Beta males need not apply. Must physically assault reporter to receive "stud" status.

Proof is in the pudding, isn't? This guy gets in someone's face, gets (allegedly, by his own accord) owned, and goes on twitter about broken glasses.

Pure beta move!

Yes, the voters prefer alpha males.

It's not really surprising that you are pro-violence. You probably would have still voted for Byron Looper after he shot Tommy Burks. Shameful.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1602 on: May 24, 2017, 08:28:38 PM »

That's not enough.

It's not physically possible for most folks to body slam an adult male. If Gianforte can pull that off he is a major stud to be sure.

2017 GOP folks. Beta males need not apply. Must physically assault reporter to receive "stud" status.

Proof is in the pudding, isn't? This guy gets in someone's face, gets (allegedly, by his own accord) owned, and goes on twitter about broken glasses.

Pure beta move!

Sweety, there are 140 pound high school wrestlers who can easily lift an average sized 180 pound man and body slam them. It's not a difficult task for most fully grown men to do.

The fact that you think the average man can't lift your typical dude and slam him says more about your physical strength or lack thereof than anything else.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1603 on: May 24, 2017, 08:29:57 PM »

That's not enough.

Pure beta move!

It's not really surprising that you are pro-violence. You probably would have still voted for Byron Looper after he shot Tommy Burks. Shameful.

It's the alt-right. You can blame violence in blue areas of the country on their ancestors too... It's their ways of doing things...
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1604 on: May 24, 2017, 08:30:43 PM »

Can we get back on topic please?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1605 on: May 24, 2017, 08:31:05 PM »

Speaking of Todd Akin... can someone tell him to shut this whole thread down?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1606 on: May 24, 2017, 08:31:22 PM »

daily caller is getting worse each day since tucker and matt lewis are gone:

Speaking of Todd Akin... can someone tell him to shut this whole thread down?

you, sir, win the internet. xD
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1607 on: May 24, 2017, 08:31:32 PM »

That's not enough.

Pure beta move!

The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1608 on: May 24, 2017, 08:33:16 PM »

Is Jacobs pressing charges? I'm seeing that now.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1609 on: May 24, 2017, 08:33:29 PM »

Here in Anaconda, no one had heard Gianforte news. I played audio at the bar and there the reaction could be summed up as "oh my god"
https://twitter.com/annehelen/status/867548633327063040

Source tells me that some Quist canvassers are now playing audio of the Gianforte/Guardian incident for voters.
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/867553143688753152
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1610 on: May 24, 2017, 08:33:56 PM »

That's not enough.

Pure beta move!

Sweety, there are 140 pound high school wrestlers who can easily lift an average sized 180 pound man and body slam them. It's not a difficult task for most fully grown men to do.

The fact that you think the average man can't lift your typical dude and slam him says more about your physical strength or lack thereof than anything else.

Yeah, this is krazen's most beta post yet.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1611 on: May 24, 2017, 08:34:33 PM »

LET'S. GET. BACK. ON. TOPIC.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1612 on: May 24, 2017, 08:35:00 PM »

Let me get us back on topic. Is Jacobs pressing charges? I'm seeing conflicting information.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1613 on: May 24, 2017, 08:36:04 PM »

THIS IS THE TOPIC NOW, HE BODY SLAMMED A ING REPORTER OF COURSE WE'RE GOING TO TALK ABOUT THIS AND THE EFFECT IT WILL HAVE
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1614 on: May 24, 2017, 08:36:19 PM »

Here in Anaconda, no one had heard Gianforte news. I played audio at the bar and there the reaction could be summed up as "oh my god"

Source tells me that some Quist canvassers are now playing audio of the Gianforte/Guardian incident for voters.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
At like 8 PM?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1615 on: May 24, 2017, 08:37:02 PM »

THIS IS THE TOPIC NOW, HE BODY SLAMMED A ING REPORTER OF COURSE WE'RE GOING TO TALK ABOUT THIS AND THE EFFECT IT WILL HAVE

yeah sorry this is an inconvient story for your preferred candidate but this is absolutely relevant because Gianforte is thin skinned and couldn't handle even the slightest questioning.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1616 on: May 24, 2017, 08:37:15 PM »

No I get that. It's just people were skewing off about the ability to body slam someone and then going into more personal attacks. I'm fine talking about the body slamming. It's interesting and a game-changer
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1617 on: May 24, 2017, 08:37:41 PM »

yeah sorry this is an inconvient story for your preferred candidate but this is absolutely relevant because Gianforte is thin skinned and couldn't handle even the slightest questioning.
^

As I said, I was talking about other stuff.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1618 on: May 24, 2017, 08:38:11 PM »

This crapstorm is literally one of the top things on CNN with the Garish Red breaking news font next to it, I don't think we gotta worry about under-coverage boys...
CNN's problem is that they're turning their stories into teflon. Nothing sticks. When everything is BREAKING NEWS people quit paying attention.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1619 on: May 24, 2017, 08:38:34 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
At like 8 PM?
Canvassing regularly goes into the evening, especially in more populated areas. It's the only time when a lot of people are home.

Also, it's only 7:30, this broke at around 6.  Plenty of canvassing is still going on. It's still light out.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1620 on: May 24, 2017, 08:39:09 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
At like 8 PM?
Canvassing regularly goes into the evening, especially in more populated areas. It's the only time when a lot of people are home.

Also, it's only 7:30, this broke at around 6.  Plenty of canvassing is still going on. It's still light out.
Any campaign with this good of an opportunity shouldn't miss the chance to broadcast it.
Angrie

« Reply #1621 on: May 24, 2017, 08:40:03 PM »

Yeah, what will be the vote totals in Petroleum County now?

I had been thinking:

Gianforte: 182
Quist: 46

But now I am thinking more like:

Gianforte: 163
Quist: 58
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1622 on: May 24, 2017, 08:41:55 PM »

This crapstorm is literally one of the top things on CNN with the Garish Red breaking news font next to it, I don't think we gotta worry about under-coverage boys...
CNN's problem is that they're turning their stories into teflon. Nothing sticks. When everything is BREAKING NEWS people quit paying attention.

this is a correct take but a myriad local newspapers - who are atm breaking this stuff - are doing the job too.

btw

I'm not sure which is worse: "Ben's probably lying" Twitter, or "Weak whiny reporter... Me tough real man... Me carry heavy things" Twitter?
https://twitter.com/MBGlenn/status/867553118225133569

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1623 on: May 24, 2017, 08:41:57 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
At like 8 PM?

I've never once worked for a campaign that allowed canvassing after 6:00 PM. It's like campaigning 101. It tends to annoy otherwise approachable voters. I'd be amazed if either candidate has people out past sunset.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1624 on: May 24, 2017, 08:42:22 PM »

Yeah, what will be the vote totals in Petroleum County now?

I had been thinking:

Gianforte: 182
Quist: 46

But now I am thinking more like:

Gianforte: 163
Quist: 58

I would agree with past posters and say it would be less of a vote transition to Quist compared to a vote transition to Wicks.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 119  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies