MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:43:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 119
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 231792 times)
AtorBoltox

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: May 24, 2017, 09:53:28 PM »

So what exactly did the journalist say to cause this rage? If it was nothing more than a simple question the authoritarian and fascist tendencies of the GOP have been displayed yet again

unreal. More generalizations.

I see some of the deepest, seething hatred for people you disagree with on here than anywhere else.

Dude, this goes beyond politics. You think this reflects the gop? Really? Does corrine brown reflect the dems?
Please don't try and deny that President Trump shows anything but contempt towards journalists and the very idea of a free press
Journalists should be held in contempt. Just not body slammed. A nice middle finger would have done the trick.
Thanks for proving my point
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1726 on: May 24, 2017, 09:53:31 PM »

So what exactly did the journalist say to cause this rage? If it was nothing more than a simple question the authoritarian and fascist tendencies of the GOP have been displayed yet again

I see some of the deepest, seething hatred for people you disagree with on here than anywhere else.

Dude, this goes beyond politics. You think this reflects the gop? Really? Does corrine brown reflect the dems?
Please don't try and deny that President Trump shows anything but contempt towards journalists and the very idea of a free press

You can be critical of the press/media (70% of Americans have negative views of the press), and still not think they should be beaten up. Come on ,bro.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1727 on: May 24, 2017, 09:53:43 PM »

If Gianforte wins after this can we finally admit that Republicans are deplorable and are just simply bad people?

Some Democrats aren't any better. Let's not forget the dead cops chant. There is crazy in everyone.

Gianforte needs to speak out on this.
Please tell me which democratic congressional candidates chanted 'dead cops'?

I'm talking about the hardcore base. I'm sure a few may have privately said so.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1728 on: May 24, 2017, 09:54:10 PM »

Can we agree that if Gianforte weren't a rich white man, he'd have been shoved in the back of a squad car in handcuffs immediately after this happened?
No, we can't. Can we agree this would be the case if he weren't a candidate for an election? Possibly.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1729 on: May 24, 2017, 09:54:17 PM »

Yes, he didn't like a lot of liberal journalists, but he never attacked the press for being free. That's just your imagination.
okey dokey
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1730 on: May 24, 2017, 09:55:11 PM »

You can be critical of the press/media (70% of Americans have negative views of the press), and still not think they should be beaten up. Come on ,bro.
Trump has no scruples about beating people up though, does he?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1731 on: May 24, 2017, 09:55:17 PM »

Can we agree that if Gianforte weren't a rich white man, he'd have been shoved in the back of a squad car in handcuffs immediately after this happened?

This. The fact that they just let him get away freely even with all these witnesses and audio is the clearest example of some form of privilege. You all can debate which kind.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1732 on: May 24, 2017, 09:56:08 PM »

Haven't read all the pages, but a lot of them.  I'm surprised nobody thought this: Gianforte likely responded with his (alleged) assault and battery because he was under intense stress caused by the surprising closeness of the race.  I think it's clear he wasn't about to handily win.

Maybe. The hilarious thing is that we will never really know what would have happened without this incident. I guess we should pay a lot of attention to the early vote as it comes in.

That's a good point. Under normal circumstances, it seems like about a 10-point lead for Quist in the early vote would suggest a very close race, is that accurate?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1733 on: May 24, 2017, 09:56:24 PM »

This. The fact that they just let him get away freely even with all these witnesses and audio is the clearest example of some form of privilege. You all can debate which kind.
The privilege of corruption
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1734 on: May 24, 2017, 09:56:35 PM »

Ummm, this is interesting:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1735 on: May 24, 2017, 09:56:51 PM »

True.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1736 on: May 24, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »

Haven't read all the pages, but a lot of them.  I'm surprised nobody thought this: Gianforte likely responded with his (alleged) assault and battery because he was under intense stress caused by the surprising closeness of the race.  I think it's clear he wasn't about to handily win.

That's actually a good point. If he was coasting he would've been much calmer. He ran for governor last year, losing by 4 and I don't recall reading about any outbursts.
Maybe he's just actually sick and tired of obnoxious behavior by journalists? The dude clearly has an anger problem. The guy barged in - that is confirmed. Crazy Greg proceeded to snap. I wouldn't read too much into this, we'll get our answer tomorrow.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1737 on: May 24, 2017, 09:58:01 PM »

True.
The Sheriff donated to his campaign as already noted. Worth remembering.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1738 on: May 24, 2017, 09:58:56 PM »

It also doesn't help that the Police Chief is a known contributor to the Gianforte campaign.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1739 on: May 24, 2017, 09:59:14 PM »

regarding the sheriff thingie....for what it's worth the co-sheriff seemingly leads the thing.

and there seemingly is no video cause fox was still just preparing and unloading their stuff.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1740 on: May 24, 2017, 10:00:26 PM »

If G wins tomorrow and then gets charged/arrested, what happens? Would he be a representative from a jailcell?
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1741 on: May 24, 2017, 10:00:34 PM »

That's actually a good point. If he was coasting he would've been much calmer. He ran for governor last year, losing by 4 and I don't recall reading about any outbursts.
Maybe he's just actually sick and tired of obnoxious behavior by journalists? The dude clearly has an anger problem. The guy barged in - that is confirmed. Crazy Greg proceeded to snap. I wouldn't read too much into this, we'll get our answer tomorrow.
Can we please start calling him Crazy Greg? I love the Donald Trump style naming and this one has a real ring to it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1742 on: May 24, 2017, 10:00:39 PM »

It also doesn't help that the Police Chief is a known contributor to the Gianforte campaign.
Sheriffs are probably the most corrupt kind of officeholders in America after all.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1743 on: May 24, 2017, 10:01:15 PM »

If G wins tomorrow and then gets charged/arrested, what happens? Would he be a representative from a jailcell?

as john podhoretz noted, ryan could deny him his seat.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1744 on: May 24, 2017, 10:01:26 PM »

Can we please start calling him Crazy Greg? I love the Donald Trump style naming and this one has a real ring to it.
(C) Sanchez Tongue
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1745 on: May 24, 2017, 10:01:33 PM »

As someone who has run for office before and has been interviewed by reporters, I never once wanted to attack them for asking questions that were difficult.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1746 on: May 24, 2017, 10:01:53 PM »

as john podhoretz noted, ryan could deny him his seat.

ahahahahahahahaha you think Ryan would do that?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1747 on: May 24, 2017, 10:02:25 PM »

As someone who has run for office before and has been interviewed by reporters, I never once wanted to attack them for asking questions that were difficult.
Because you're sane and don't have an authoritarian mindset
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1748 on: May 24, 2017, 10:02:31 PM »

You didn't need to do anything crazy to lose anyway. You talk a lot about your "credentials." Name yourself already.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1749 on: May 24, 2017, 10:03:07 PM »

Yeah this is reasonable. He's not gonna be in Congress anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 119  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies