MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:17:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232371 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« on: May 24, 2017, 12:08:26 PM »

Why do so many people on the left here think Quist will win? Outside of (very) dubious google polling, we have actual firms showing +15 (emerson), +14 (gravis), and +7 (change).

This isn't GA-6 where trump won by only 1.5, this is a statewide election where trump won by 20.

Is there any evidence that quist will win here? At all?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 06:45:32 PM »

Tough to see how this would actually change a mind.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »

ok I take back my statement.

WTF happened?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 06:52:41 PM »

This might be a silly question, but why are there national reporters IN montana to cover this, and why is a girlfriend of said reporter even there?

Does jacobs live in montana?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 06:54:05 PM »

I'm a bit skeptical about this. What kind of candidate in a potentially close election assaults a reporter the day before the election?
The reporter is clearly a liar. No one in the party God and Jesus Christ would ever do anything wrong /sarc

It happened.

Why must you make this political? You think rpeublicans want to body slam reporters?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 06:54:47 PM »

This might be a silly question, but why are there national reporters IN montana to cover this, and why is a girlfriend of said reporter even there?

Does jacobs live in montana?

It's an election for a Federal office. Not Mayor.

I get that it is a national election, but man, do they really make reporters fly all over the place even to montana to cover them?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 06:56:44 PM »

I'm a bit skeptical about this. What kind of candidate in a potentially close election assaults a reporter the day before the election?
The reporter is clearly a liar. No one in the party God and Jesus Christ would ever do anything wrong /sarc

It happened.

Why must you make this political? You think rpeublicans want to body slam reporters?
It shouldn't be political but it's kinda hard not to feel that way with how Trump treats the press

So trump is to blame for this? Good lord you people sometimes....
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 06:58:19 PM »

How long until we get the full story?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 07:04:59 PM »

With the details regarding Jacobs condition and Gianforte being arrested, I retract my previous statement and my endorsement of Gianforte. This is a despicable, sinful, and unignorable incident. I endorse Libertarian Candidate Mark Wicks for this election.

You are reading fake tweets, bro. Jacobs is not in critical condition and there is no arrest warrant.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 07:07:07 PM »

With the details regarding Jacobs condition and Gianforte being arrested, I retract my previous statement and my endorsement of Gianforte. This is a despicable, sinful, and unignorable incident. I endorse Libertarian Candidate Mark Wicks for this election.
You are reading fake tweets, bro. Jacobs is not in critical condition and there is no arrest warrant.

There are literally witnesses and photos.

there are no photos of jacobs in critical condition, not being able to breathe.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 07:08:57 PM »

The average Republican will probably cheer this, unfortunately. They are becoming increasingly authoritarian.

Here we go.....

this board has way too much hate in its heart for half the country. Remind me again which party does better with people that have been arrested in their past?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 07:11:23 PM »

even if this is going to be a major story, it's too late.

what % of registered voters have already voted?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »

even if this is going to be a major story, it's too late.

It's going to be on the radio when voters drive to the polls tomorrow.

I think most everyone has voted.

nate cohn said today that around 75% of people have NOT voted yet. IDK if that is accurate
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 07:15:32 PM »

What's interesting is that I read other political forums and it hasn't even reached their yet. Weird.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 07:26:08 PM »

One of many reasons I despise the rampant gun and violence culture prevalent in our country, and especially among the GOP.
The vast majority of gun violence in this country, and violence in general, happens in the bluest of the blue precincts.

STFU with this sh**t .
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 07:28:59 PM »

I reckon most of the votes have been cast already thru early voting. This is one of the pitfalls of early voting.

Which is why early voting is stupid as hell. It shouldn't be allowed, or should be massively curtailed. it cuts down vital exposure time to see the true nature of candidates.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 07:34:48 PM »

I am not condoning this disgusting action, but there are enough republicans (and indies) that hate the media so much that it could actually not hurt him in the eyes of some.

On net, however, it will hurt bigly.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 07:37:48 PM »

I am not condoning this disgusting action, but there are enough republicans (and indies) that hate the media so much that it could actually not hurt him in the eyes of some.

On net, however, it will hurt bigly.

So I take it you're still voting for him?

I don't live in montana. I live in california. I like montana, so it's my state image. lol
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 09:18:52 PM »

It's moments like these where you would love accurate polling to see what the race was like before this incident. If emerosn and gravis are right and it's a 15 point lead for G, then it would be pretty tough for this to actually lead to a quist win. If the race is/was within 5 or 6, it's quist's to lose now.

ing polling.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 09:21:15 PM »

It's moments like these where you would love accurate polling to see what the race was like before this incident. If emerosn and gravis are right and it's a 15 point lead for G, then it would be pretty tough for this to actually lead to a quist win. If the race is/was within 5 or 6, it's quist's to lose now.

ing polling.

Have to agree with you on that.

My god people, stop overeacting. Is this great for Quist, yes. But stop blowing this out of proportion, this race is still VERY MUCH IN PLAY, pure tossup.

Especially with most votes being locked in already.

Even if most votes are locked in, it still matters who turns out on election day. Remembe rthe louisiana gop primary, where trump demolished cruz in early vote, then saw his lead collapse as ED vote came in?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 09:29:36 PM »

Good on quist for not using this to exploit voters. Hoping a miracle happens in Montana.

Given this development, would it really be a "miracle" if quist won?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 09:30:51 PM »

If Gianforte wins after this can we finally admit that Republicans are deplorable and are just simply bad people?

wow. You are a ghoulish, sad little cretin.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 09:40:24 PM »

Do you think it's significant that all the reports on the montana sites say "reporter ALLEGES"

Isn't it pretty clear it did in fact happen? That appears to be a fairly tame way of putting it, and some swing voters might not be moved by such a tame way of putting it.

Seems like irresponsible titling to me, imo.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 09:48:40 PM »

So what exactly did the journalist say to cause this rage? If it was nothing more than a simple question the authoritarian and fascist tendencies of the GOP have been displayed yet again

unreal. More generalizations.

I see some of the deepest, seething hatred for people you disagree with on here than anywhere else.

Dude, this goes beyond politics. You think this reflects the gop? Really? Does corrine brown reflect the dems?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 09:53:31 PM »

So what exactly did the journalist say to cause this rage? If it was nothing more than a simple question the authoritarian and fascist tendencies of the GOP have been displayed yet again

unreal. More generalizations.

I see some of the deepest, seething hatred for people you disagree with on here than anywhere else.

Dude, this goes beyond politics. You think this reflects the gop? Really? Does corrine brown reflect the dems?
Please don't try and deny that President Trump shows anything but contempt towards journalists and the very idea of a free press

You can be critical of the press/media (70% of Americans have negative views of the press), and still not think they should be beaten up. Come on ,bro.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies