MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:49:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232963 times)
Sven
plainstone89
Rookie
United States

« on: February 07, 2017, 06:07:11 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2017, 06:09:10 PM by plainstone89 »

I think Gianforte would be a home run for this seat and hell, it'll open him up to winning the Governorship in 2020 should he choose to run.

I beg to differ. Gianforte comes across to me as the sort of candidate very likely to spontaneously combust - a regular "Akin-in-the-makin'", in other words. I don't claim to know anything about Montana politics, but Gianforte strikes me as just about the best candidate we could face this side of Punching Bag Spencer.
Sven
plainstone89
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 06:09:46 PM »

I think Gianforte would be a home run for this seat and hell, it'll open him up to winning the Governorship in 2020 should he choose to run.

I beg to differ. Gianforte comes across to me as the sort of candidate very likely to spontaneously combust - a regular Akin-in-the-making, in other words. I don't claim to know anything about Montana politics, but Gianforte strikes me as just about the best candidate we could face this side of Punching Bag Spencer.

He is nothing like Todd Akin. Please stop.

Stunning commentary, pardner. Care to elaborate at all?
Sven
plainstone89
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 09:05:39 PM »

Curtis is more of an Akin than Gianforte, and neither come even close to being an Akin. A Curtis vs. Gianforte race would be Leans R at best for Ds, and that's being generous to them. If Ds are smart, they'll nominate Quist.

I won't disagree on that last point, but I always have to give the side-eye to candidates as far-right as Gianforte, knowing the tendencies of those esteemed far-righties who came before him (Akin, Mourdock, Angle, et al).

That being said, I'm no Montanan, so maybe I'm talking out my ass.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies