MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:20:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232319 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 24, 2017, 07:41:46 PM »

What the hell? Even though Jacobs shouldn't have gone into the room, this is not a good thing for Gianforte to do. I'll still support him because I like his positions on the issues but this was very idiotic and cruel.

Of course you will.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 08:07:00 PM »

Also Montana has same day registration.

Cheesy
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 08:09:59 PM »

I don't know, a third of the electorate is still a lot and those folks tend to be undecideds.
But how many of them will know about this?

I guess a lot:

Gallatin County Sheriff holding press conference tonight about this incident.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 08:22:45 PM »

Gianforte needs to do damage control now.... somehow... Honestly, IMO it'd be the best if he were just honest about this entire thing and apologized publicly.

That's not enough.

Yeah, well, after a congressional candidate body slams a reporter, few things are going to be enough to lessen the damage done.

It's not physically possible for most folks to body slam an adult male. If Gianforte can pull that off he is a major stud to be sure.

2017 GOP folks. Beta males need not apply. Must physically assault reporter to receive "stud" status.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 08:28:38 PM »

Gianforte needs to do damage control now.... somehow... Honestly, IMO it'd be the best if he were just honest about this entire thing and apologized publicly.

That's not enough.

Yeah, well, after a congressional candidate body slams a reporter, few things are going to be enough to lessen the damage done.

It's not physically possible for most folks to body slam an adult male. If Gianforte can pull that off he is a major stud to be sure.

2017 GOP folks. Beta males need not apply. Must physically assault reporter to receive "stud" status.

Proof is in the pudding, isn't? This guy gets in someone's face, gets (allegedly, by his own accord) owned, and goes on twitter about broken glasses.

Pure beta move!

Yes, the voters prefer alpha males.

Sweety, there are 140 pound high school wrestlers who can easily lift an average sized 180 pound man and body slam them. It's not a difficult task for most fully grown men to do.

The fact that you think the average man can't lift your typical dude and slam him says more about your physical strength or lack thereof than anything else.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »

According to the Change Research poll, only 5% and 4% of Montanans primarily get their news from CNN and MSNBC - and they're a Quist-leaning bunch to begin with.  22% chose Fox.  If you want to reach the Gianforte voters, CNN and MSNBC aren't going to cut it.

How about a police press conference?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 09:26:31 PM »

People are apparently calling 911 there giving political commentary and the police there want it to stop.

Half of the callers are probably Atlas posters.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 09:40:35 PM »

Bradd Jaffy  @BraddJaffy
38s
Fox News crew witnessed it—says Gianforte grabbed @Bencjacobs by the neck, slammed him to the ground and punched him

Bye bye Gianforte.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 10:16:21 PM »

Grab em' Greggy
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 10:58:24 PM »

Gianforte is over if Fox News has caved.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 11:21:30 PM »

I can't believe a fully fledged Berniecrat (based on what I've read on his policy positions) is gonna win a House seat in Montana.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 11:22:44 PM »

I can't believe a fully fledged Berniecrat (based on what I've read on his policy positions) is gonna win a House seat in Montana.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

That's the thing. It's almost too hard to believe.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 11:27:46 PM »

-_-. If we lose tommorow, I'm blaming it on all these knaves who think just because they got a little advantage, they can swoop in like a hotshot, and claim victory before we even see results. I thought we have already learnt from 2016 about the dangers of this...

I don't live in Montana or work for Rob Quist's campaign.

Anyhow my comment was implying that I find it too hard to believe that he could actually win on this platform. I'm still not sure if he'll win. Guess we'll see tomorrow.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 11:32:21 PM »

-_-. If we lose tommorow, I'm blaming it on all these knaves who think just because they got a little advantage, they can swoop in like a hotshot, and claim victory before we even see results. I thought we have already learnt from 2016 about the dangers of this...

I don't live in Montana or work for Rob Quist's campaign.

Anyhow my comment was implying that I find it too hard to believe that he could actually win on this platform. I'm still not sure if he'll win. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

You literally said you cannot believe that Quist will win Montana tomorrow. Not much room to Kellyanne your way out of it.

I probably should've rephrased my original comment, yes. But my final point still stands.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 11:50:53 PM »

Christ almighty.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 11:56:31 PM »

Lol at this.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 02:00:52 AM »

President Cordray is very pleased.

As is TYT and Secular Talk.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 12:16:35 PM »

Nate Silver and Harry Enten probably sh!tpost on here.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 01:09:31 PM »

Ha. I have met Harry Enten personally (he dated a friend of mine for a while). Not creative enough to be krazen.

I too have met Enten. He's pretty milquetoast. And kind of a snob.

Perhaps he's Non Swing Voter?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 01:32:46 PM »

Just watch the county by county results and don't overreact to early returns. Smiley It's probably the best to wait until at least 70% of the vote is in (if not more than that) before making a projection, even if it "looks" like there is a winner early on.

Well, some people might stay level-headed and keep in mind how unrepresentative early returns can be, but we all know how much of Atlas will react later tonight. Wink

If Quist is ahead by more than 10%: OMG! Quistslide here we come! Bye-bye, Crazy Greg!

If Gianforte ever takes the lead: OMG! Quist is done!

"If the Democrats can't win this after #Assaultgate and the CBO report, they might as well be on their way to dissolution."

If we somehow lose the NJ gubernatorial race this year I will be saying this ad naseum.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 04:16:16 PM »

Chuck Todd has Tom Perez on and is really laying into him over not treating this race as seriously as he has done with Georgia

Tom Perez takes so much heat from everyone Sad
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 05:22:08 PM »

people have been calling in asking if they could change their vote - according to CNN, and only 1 voter out of 75 said they changed their vote from GG to RQ and Pubs tended to agree with GG and encouraged his behavior according to Kyung Lah

Deplorable.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 05:58:03 PM »

Does predictit disaggregate the cash flows so we know how many people are actually betting on each side and not just how much money is being bet on either side?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 06:14:27 PM »

Does predictit disaggregate the cash flows so we know how many people are actually betting on each side and not just how much money is being bet on either side?

So I'm guessing they don't? Tongue
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2017, 08:48:18 PM »

About to get on a flight, won't land until midnight eastern time. Hopefully we'all have an idea where this is going by the time I land.

Have a safe flight!
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies