MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:39:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232750 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« on: April 27, 2017, 11:08:47 AM »

Watched the debate & Gianforte seemed like a hard right, uber religious, "muh defense spending increase & national security", strong supporter of Trump, cut benefits of Healthcare coverage, Climate change denying "Humans have some impact in Climate Change ala Scott Pruitt" guy. He has also got a big likeability & honesty problem. You may not agree with McCain's or Collins' policies, but they are honest & likeable. Gianforte seemed like a "Slimy Politician" 101 type person! Doesn't look like a candidate, a left leaning MT Treasurer type people will vote for !

He is obviously trying to move to to center just for this campaign but he seemed like a small version of Ted Cruz. Wouldn't be surprised if he joined the Freedom Caucus & Tea party lunatics!

Gianforte went to Fox & called Quist a Pelosi with a hat who wants a 90% Income Tax & said the Trump train is going forward well in Montana, praised Trump & is campaigning hard with Donald Trump Jr! That 90% Income tax is garbage but he can speak any lie & get away just like his hero Trump !

Trump's favorables are +13 in Montana, according to the Emerson poll.  So campaigning with Donald Trump Jr. and praising President Trump is simply smart politics.

Highly unlikely that this is the case considering that national polling shows him at a ~43% approval rating.

Trump did pretty darn well in Montana. Given their small population and the strong swing toward Trump, I don't doubt that he's probably above water there.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 09:26:26 PM »

Gianforte's hitting his targets to win by ~7, but it's early.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 10:09:20 PM »

Gianforte still on pace for a ~7 point win.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 10:26:33 PM »

More from the west coming in. Quist is doing better there. Projected margin now at ~5 points.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 01:17:43 PM »

Fellow forum lefties pls stop fighting amongst yourselves and become hardcore misanthropes like me.  Realize that most Americans are terrible

It's hard to not see it that way at times. I wonder if the national cultural has really shifted that far from the one that fostered:

1) Japanese-American Internment Camps
2) Trail of Tears
3) Annihilation of Native Americans
4) Colonization and depreciation of territories and citizens therein
5) 9/11 Response
6) Overall regime change
7) Preying on those who need the most

The list can go on and on. There is a serious rot. I was raised Christian, and my parents pretty much taught me the polar opposite of all of that (and they were conservative by PR standards).

I was also raised Christian, still am.  Thought about becoming a pastor.  It took me to realize that I'm a terrible Christian as well as a terrible person in general to see that it's not the job for me.  But if any country needs meaningful spiritual revival, it's this one, and American Christianity needs to be taken back from the idolaters and the hypocrites.

Every Christian is a terrible Christian.  That's why salvation is by faith alone.  Tongue

bruh, faith is itself a work. salvation is by grace.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies