MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:24:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232266 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: March 05, 2017, 08:12:45 PM »

Quist and Curtis are both lefty - Curtis was accused of being a psuedo-commie when she ran for Senate.
It didn't help that she had a video blog in which she mocked gun owners, talked sorta vulgarly about her "pansexuality" (the most white-girl thing I might have heard), and basically acted like an out an out caricature of a SJW.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:39:24 PM »

Quist and Curtis are both lefty - Curtis was accused of being a psuedo-commie when she ran for Senate.
It didn't help that she had a video blog in which she mocked gun owners, talked sorta vulgarly about her "pansexuality" (the most white-girl thing I might have heard), and basically acted like an out an out caricature of a SJW.
Bisexual implies you are interested in men and women.
Pansexual implies you are interested in everyone, including people outside the binary.
So?

Serious question: what does pan sexual even mean? Is it just a fancier buzzword for bisexuality or is it honestly something different?
I'm sure someone will bite my head off for saying this, but it really sounds like an inanely PC term for bisexuals that some teenage limousine liberal came up with when they were bored.
Basically. I'm not one to judge anyone's sexuality obviously, but pansexuality really doesn't sound like a thing. People are attracted to individuals. If an otherwise hetero-female has an attraction to another (purely biologically speaking) female who identifies as non-binary, isn't easier just to call that attraction a lesbian attraction?

I'm all for respecting people's natural identity, but taking all of the "none of the above" aspects of sexuality and putting them into one broad batch sounds like a terrible idea. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 08:17:59 PM »

He was probably just basing his guesses on the predictit prices.

What? I always had this race as a Tossup, so please stop making stuff up.

Not you. You are cool. I'm talking about that Florida Republican.
Why don't you check the polls instead of attacking Saint?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 08:38:11 PM »

This crapstorm is literally one of the top things on CNN with the Garish Red breaking news font next to it, I don't think we gotta worry about under-coverage boys...
CNN's problem is that they're turning their stories into teflon. Nothing sticks. When everything is BREAKING NEWS people quit paying attention.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 08:41:57 PM »

Here in Anaconda, no one had heard Gianforte news. I played audio at the bar and there the reaction could be summed up as "oh my god"
https://twitter.com/annehelen/status/867548633327063040

Source tells me that some Quist canvassers are now playing audio of the Gianforte/Guardian incident for voters.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/867553143688753152

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
At like 8 PM?
Canvassing regularly goes into the evening, especially in more populated areas. It's the only time when a lot of people are home.

Also, it's only 7:30, this broke at around 6.  Plenty of canvassing is still going on. It's still light out.
I've never once worked for a campaign that allowed canvassing after 6:00 PM. It's like campaigning 101. It tends to annoy otherwise approachable voters. I'd be amazed if either candidate has people out past sunset.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 08:42:48 PM »

This crapstorm is literally one of the top things on CNN with the Garish Red breaking news font next to it, I don't think we gotta worry about under-coverage boys...
CNN's problem is that they're turning their stories into teflon. Nothing sticks. When everything is BREAKING NEWS people quit paying attention.

this is a correct take but a myriad local newspapers - who are atm breaking this stuff - are doing the job too.

btw

I'm not sure which is worse: "Ben's probably lying" Twitter, or "Weak whiny reporter... Me tough real man... Me carry heavy things" Twitter?
https://twitter.com/MBGlenn/status/867553118225133569

And those local outlets matter. CNN won't have a role.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 08:49:14 PM »

Wow, just heard the audio. That's damning.

Quist is writing a song about it as we speak
"The Ballad of Ben Jacobs"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 08:58:26 PM »

Here in Anaconda, no one had heard Gianforte news. I played audio at the bar and there the reaction could be summed up as "oh my god"
https://twitter.com/annehelen/status/867548633327063040

Source tells me that some Quist canvassers are now playing audio of the Gianforte/Guardian incident for voters.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/867553143688753152

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
At like 8 PM?
Canvassing regularly goes into the evening, especially in more populated areas. It's the only time when a lot of people are home.

Also, it's only 7:30, this broke at around 6.  Plenty of canvassing is still going on. It's still light out.
I've never once worked for a campaign that allowed canvassing after 6:00 PM. It's like campaigning 101. It tends to annoy otherwise approachable voters. I'd be amazed if either candidate has people out past sunset.
The sun hasn't set yet in Montana.
You're right, those pesky time zones!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 09:20:55 PM »

In Florida? Everybody is like 1,000 years old there so that makes sense.
Have you ever had a 43 year old house wife shriek at you on her porch at 3:00 PM? Imagine if I interrupted dinner!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 09:23:19 PM »

In Florida? Everybody is like 1,000 years old there so that makes sense.
Have you ever had a 43 year old house wife shriek at you on her porch at 3:00 PM? Imagine if I interrupted dinner!

That's just the liquor talking!
She looked like a white wine zombie mom actually.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 09:52:37 PM »

So what exactly did the journalist say to cause this rage? If it was nothing more than a simple question the authoritarian and fascist tendencies of the GOP have been displayed yet again

unreal. More generalizations.

I see some of the deepest, seething hatred for people you disagree with on here than anywhere else.

Dude, this goes beyond politics. You think this reflects the gop? Really? Does corrine brown reflect the dems?
Please don't try and deny that President Trump shows anything but contempt towards journalists and the very idea of a free press
Journalists should be held in contempt. Just not body slammed. A nice middle finger would have done the trick.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »

Haven't read all the pages, but a lot of them.  I'm surprised nobody thought this: Gianforte likely responded with his (alleged) assault and battery because he was under intense stress caused by the surprising closeness of the race.  I think it's clear he wasn't about to handily win.

That's actually a good point. If he was coasting he would've been much calmer. He ran for governor last year, losing by 4 and I don't recall reading about any outbursts.
Maybe he's just actually sick and tired of obnoxious behavior by journalists? The dude clearly has an anger problem. The guy barged in - that is confirmed. Crazy Greg proceeded to snap. I wouldn't read too much into this, we'll get our answer tomorrow.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 09:58:01 PM »

Can we agree that if Gianforte weren't a rich white man, he'd have been shoved in the back of a squad car in handcuffs immediately after this happened?

This. The fact that they just let him get away freely even with all these witnesses and audio is the clearest example of some form of privilege. You all can debate which kind.

True.
The Sheriff donated to his campaign as already noted. Worth remembering.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 10:00:39 PM »

Can we agree that if Gianforte weren't a rich white man, he'd have been shoved in the back of a squad car in handcuffs immediately after this happened?

This. The fact that they just let him get away freely even with all these witnesses and audio is the clearest example of some form of privilege. You all can debate which kind.
It also doesn't help that the Police Chief is a known contributor to the Gianforte campaign.
Sheriffs are probably the most corrupt kind of officeholders in America after all.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 10:01:26 PM »

Haven't read all the pages, but a lot of them.  I'm surprised nobody thought this: Gianforte likely responded with his (alleged) assault and battery because he was under intense stress caused by the surprising closeness of the race.  I think it's clear he wasn't about to handily win.

That's actually a good point. If he was coasting he would've been much calmer. He ran for governor last year, losing by 4 and I don't recall reading about any outbursts.
Maybe he's just actually sick and tired of obnoxious behavior by journalists? The dude clearly has an anger problem. The guy barged in - that is confirmed. Crazy Greg proceeded to snap. I wouldn't read too much into this, we'll get our answer tomorrow.
Can we please start calling him Crazy Greg? I love the Donald Trump style naming and this one has a real ring to it.
(C) Sanchez Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 10:02:31 PM »

As someone who has run for office before and has been interviewed by reporters, I never once wanted to attack them for asking questions that were difficult.
You didn't need to do anything crazy to lose anyway. You talk a lot about your "credentials." Name yourself already.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 10:04:53 PM »

As someone who has run for office before and has been interviewed by reporters, I never once wanted to attack them for asking questions that were difficult.
You didn't need to do anything crazy to lose anyway. You talk a lot about your "credentials." Name yourself already.
And you are headed towards being the next Byron Looper.
Note that you didn't answer the question. 'You never ran for 'nothing.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 10:06:11 PM »

You've asked for my name before. I'm not posting my information to be stalked and harassed or worst. Why do you want my name?
Writing yourself in is not "running for office."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 10:08:33 PM »

You've asked for my name before. I'm not posting my information to be stalked and harassed or worst. Why do you want my name?
Writing yourself in is not "running for office."

You aren't going to bait me into giving my name. Go away, stalker.
If you didn't talk such a big game, people wouldn't ask questions.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 10:21:54 PM »

Can you please link data and research that shows that conservatives are more violent?
No. I'm just mocking people like you who always go on about violent the left is when one of your congressional candidates just assaulted someone
You guys set a Trump office on fire with staffers inside last year. Big difference.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 12:01:55 AM »

That was quick.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 11:45:19 AM »

If I was a conservative and was confident that Gianforte's victory would mean another election with a new Republican candidate, I'd probably still vote for him. I can't really see how any other vote for the man himself is anything other than blind partisanship.
This. Either vote for Quist or vote to do this all over again. Nobody wants to vote for Crazy Greg now.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 10:59:47 PM »

If MT chooses to elect a criminal congressman, then they deserve him. It's a sad thing to witness.
This is why you lost.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 11:51:09 PM »

If MT chooses to elect a criminal congressman, then they deserve him. It's a sad thing to witness.
This is why you lost.

Montana's newly elected congressman may have assaulted someone, but a Democratic poster said voters deserve who they vote for, and I found that mean, so Democrats are the real bad guys!!!!
I don't know many other Republicans throwing punches, but I sure have seen a lot of Democrats do it. That is far worse than your party's arrogance and collective cognitive disconnect.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 12:10:08 AM »

It was too late in the game to matter. It'll be old news by 2018. I don't see how this endangers Tester, though, at the rate we're going.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies