MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:45:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232395 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 21, 2017, 01:37:02 PM »

Our Revolution endorses Rob Quist (& James Thompson) for Congress. Loads of money coming from Bernie's email list.

MT-AL is a winnable seat with a good candidate who can hold a possibly red seat for many number of years. Dems should go all out for this & GA. I remember when Dems kept delaying & cancelling ad buys for Feingold when they though he was too strong/wouldn't need (& spend Millions in Florida wasted on a poor Murphy in an expensive market where Rubio was leading consistently & comfortably). This was while Hillary didn't do a single rally for Russ & Russ was getting slaughtered in TV ads from the Koch Brothers, NRA & other groups.

This is the saddest, most frustrating, most infuriating thing on this forum. I miss Russ Feingold so much
Russ was the man. It's so sad he failed. The man behind one of the better campaign finance reform acts defeated by Ron ing Johnson.
Nah, he lost again to Johnson, he can go suck it.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 02:20:34 PM »

Feingold actually won many rural counties which Hilary lost & surprisingly didn't have the same numbers as Hillary had in some urban counties (that's what I read - Not Sure !). Hillary didn't do 1 rally for him to unite her base for her. Wisconsin has a massive GOP infra build by Walker, Ryan & the Kochs.

Feingold lead throughout the race comfortably & that loss was a shocker. It is fair to blame him too, (he did loose twice to Johnson) maybe he didn't run a good campaign, couldn't connect emotionally with local issues.

Dems lost WI for the 1st time in 30 odd years & with any other Dem candidate & Feingold would probably be in the Senate. He was a fantastic Senator & McCain-Feingold was a great achievement.
He lost by a larger margin than her, it was his fault, not hers.  He might have been dragged across the line by others, but by less than 10000 votes.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »

Rob Quist Turned Down A Visit From DNC Chair Tom Perez

Not surprising, but this doesn't sound to me like Perez isn't trying everything to get Quist elected.

It's so great to see Perez get constantly shat on.
So damn the party if they do something and damn if they don't.  Can't do anything which you won't bitch about. 
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 06:43:32 PM »

I'm a bit skeptical about this. What kind of candidate in a potentially close election assaults a reporter the day before the election?
Considering we have eyewitness testimony of it from people who definitely are not on the left, yeah it happened.  Just saw a pic of Ben being taken to an ambulance on twitter.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 07:24:22 PM »

Anyone defending him now needs to go look at themselves in the mirror.  I mean god damn that was deplorable.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 08:09:30 PM »

Gallatin County Sheriff holding press conference tonight about this incident.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies