The Office of Lincoln General Court Deputy JGibson (DA-IL)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:09:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Lincoln General Court Deputy JGibson (DA-IL)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Author Topic: The Office of Lincoln General Court Deputy JGibson (DA-IL)  (Read 23584 times)
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 13, 2016, 06:36:41 PM »
« edited: January 15, 2024, 04:32:53 PM by JGibson »

Hello, Atlasian citizen! Welcome to my office, where I hope to let you all know about the goings on across the nation of Atlasia and all three of its regions, including the following cities/towns: Granite City, Boston, New, York, Chicago, and Pittsburgh in the USA and Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Dundee in Scotland in the Lincoln Region during my time in office.

I previously served as the Lieutenant Governor of Lincoln and as an Assembly Member of the Lincoln Region.

My parties:
Federal
Democratic (caucusing with Labor): November 17th, 2016-March 22nd, 2017.
Labor: March 22nd, 2017-January 25th, 2018; October 22nd, 2018-August 23rd, 2023
Progressive Union Party: January 25th, 2018-October 22nd, 2018.
Democratic Alliance: August 23rd, 2023-present

Regional
Lincoln Democrats: May 11th, 2017-March 10th, 2019
Labor Left: March 10th, 2019-present

My record:
Lincoln (North) Assemblyman: December 13th, 2016-June 26th, 2017; April 26th, 2018-October 29th, 2018;
Lincoln Lt. Governor: March 3rd, 2017-June 26th, 2017
Lincoln Chancellor: September 12th, 2019-present
House of Representatives: June 26th, 2017-January 5th, 2018; November 1st, 2018-September 6th, 2019

Bills Sponsored:
Lincoln Assembly
N305: Northern Defense Act [Signed into law]
N314: Northern Anti-Discrimination Act [Signed into law]
N402: Lincoln Speed Limits Act [Signed into law]
N403: Lincoln Paid Family Leave Act [Signed into law]
N404: Lincoln Paid Sick Leave Act [Signed into law]
N405: Education Act of 2017 [Signed into law]
N407: Creation of the position of Lincoln Attorney General [Failed]
L501: Senate Swearing-In Amendment [Bill passed, referendum passed into law]
L508: Sinclair-Tribune Buyout Resolution [Failed]
L509: Gay Adoption Act [Signed into law]
L513: No Child Marriage Act [Signed into law]
=
L11.7: Resolution to Honor Arsène Wenger [Passed]
L11.9: Police Body Camera Act [Vetoed]

House of Representatives
HB1128: Student Loan Reform Act [Signed into law]
HR1129: Joint Resolution of Formal Apology for Atlasia's Involvement in Military Coups [Signed into law]
HB1126: Baby Box Act [Signed into law]
HB1131: The Expanding College Access Act
HB1125: Atlasian Aid Protection Act [Signed into law]
HB1142: A Resolution to Ratify the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities [Passed]
HB1146: Refugee Act 2017 [Signed into law]
HB1152: Carbon Tax Act [Signed into law]
HB1164: Deregistration Waiting Period Act [Passed House]
HB1177: Open Ports Act [Failed]
HB1180: Regulations for Sex Work in Atlasia Act [Failed]
=
HB1351: Employee Free Choice Act [Passed]
HB1376: Close the Regional Change Loophole Act of 2019 [Passed]
H-17.13: Glasses are Good to See Act [Passed]

Senate

Bills Co-Sponsored:
Lincoln Assembly
N310: Campus Protection Act [Signed into law]
House of Representatives
HB1140: The Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017 [Passed House]
Senate

The offices of my time as a member of the Lincoln General Court are located here:
Main/full-time offices:
Granite City, IL [my hometown]
Glasgow, Scotland, UK

Satellite/full-time offices:
Boston, MA
Canton, OH
Chicago, IL
New York City, NY
Pittsburgh, PA

Satellite/part-time offices:
Buffalo, NY
Columbus, OH
Detroit, MI
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Hartford, CT
Indianapolis, IN
Madison, WI
Manchester, NH
Philadelphia, PA

Offices during my 1st Lincoln Assembly tenure here.
Offices during my 1st Atlasian House tenure here.
Offices during my 2nd Lincoln Assembly tenure here.
Offices during my 2nd Atlasian House tenure here.
Offices during my 3rd Lincoln Assembly tenure here.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 11:55:29 AM »

Congrats on your election
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 02:32:11 PM »

I'm proud to be an Assembly member.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 05:34:52 PM »

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all the Northern constituents.
- JGibson, Northern Assembly member.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 09:24:37 PM »

From the Pittsburgh satellite office of JGibson's Assembly HQ network: I would like to congratulate the Steelers on winning the AFC North. May our team win our 7th Super Bowl.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 01:26:00 AM »

Happy New year to all of the constituents of the Northern Assembly. May a 2017 be a better one.
- Northern Assembly Member JGibson.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 12:06:29 PM »

Hopefully we'll get rolling again in the Northern Assembly once we get our 3rd Assembly Member seated.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 01:29:05 PM »

The Steelers are a step closer to going to the Super Bowl. But first, let's defeat the Cheatriots this Sunday.
Now that we have our third Assembly member seated, let's make some progress.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 01:59:20 PM »

In a rare moment of bipartisanship, I agree. #HereWeGo Steelers!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 02:16:01 PM »

As a Representative of the great state of Massachusetts, I take offense to your characterization of the Patriots as cheaters, Assemblyman Wink

All in good fun, though. Should be a great game.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 12:19:25 AM »

Congrats to Jeff Bagwell, Tim Raines, and Iván Rodríguez for making it into Cooperstown by the BBWAA ballot voters. Vladimir Guerrero and Trevor Hoffman were close to making it in.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 11:40:48 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2017, 11:45:42 PM by JGibson »

I will make a big announcement Sunday Morning at 9:00AM EST/8:00AM CST, just before Arsenal kicks off against Burnley, on my future in the Northern Assembly.

Tonight is the last night that Barack Obama is our President of the United States. As of 12noon EST/11AM CST tomorrow, Donald Trump will be our next "President."

On the "Inauguration" tomorrow in real life: Because of this man's extremely bigoted conduct during his run to victory for the office, I have no plans to be at the Inauguration, either in person or at home watching it on TV, as doing so would legitimize him and his policies.  

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 09:05:18 AM »

"This press conference begins with some announcements: Firstly, I have announced that I am running for re-election to the Northern Assembly. Secondly, a word to Arsenal: please defeat Burnley and get the three points. Thirdly, I hope the Steelers win today over the Patriots en route to a trip to the Super Bowl. And fourthly and lastly, the Trump/Pence administration has begun this past Friday, which is already on the wrong foot. Vote for me at the upcoming Northern Assembly election for the right to continue representing the North. Peace."

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 10:35:41 PM »

As long as I am in office, I will do weekly press conferences, most often on Fridays or Sunday mornings.

Next presser: Friday afternoon, from Granite City office.

Media outlets invited: St. Louis (IL counties and my home DMA): KTVI (Fox), KMOV (CBS), KSDK (NBC); Chicago: WMAQ (NBC), WLS (ABC), WGBO (UNI), WGN (CW); NYC: WPIX (CW), WNBC (NBC), WABC (ABC), WCBS (CBS), WXTV (UNI); Pittsburgh: KDKA; Boston: WGBH (PBS), WHDH (IND); Columbus, OH: WBNS (CBS); Detroit: WXYZ (ABC); Philadelphia: WPVI (ABC), WCAU (NBC); Indianapolis: WRTV (ABC); Milwaukee: WTMJ (NBC); Manchester: WMUR (ABC); Cleveland: WJW (Fox); Springfield/Decatur/Champaign: WCIA (CBS); Rochester, NY: WHEC (NBC); Quad Cities (IL counties): WQAD (ABC); Hartford: WVIT (NBC); Madison, WI: WISC (CBS); Cincinnati: WCPO (ABC); and Cape Girardeau/Paducah/Carbondale/Harrisburg (IL counties): KFVS (CBS).

Seating Chart (max. 36) for the next presser:
WPIX | WGN | KMOV | KTVI | KSDK | KFVS
WABC | WCBS | WNBC | WLS | WMAQ | KDKA
WJW | WCIA | WXYZ | WTMJ | WGBH| WCAU 
WRTV | WMUR | WHDH | WBNS | WGBO | WISC
WVIT | WQAD | WHEC | WXTV | WCPO | WPVI

Permanent press conference member

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 05:31:00 PM »

Media outlets invited: St. Louis (IL counties and my home DMA): KTVI (Fox), KMOV (CBS), KSDK (NBC); Chicago: WMAQ (NBC), WLS (ABC), WGBO (UNI), WGN (CW); NYC: WPIX (CW), WNBC (NBC), WABC (ABC), WCBS (CBS), WXTV (UNI); Pittsburgh: KDKA; Boston: WGBH (PBS), WHDH (IND); Columbus, OH: WBNS (CBS); Detroit: WXYZ (ABC); Philadelphia: WPVI (ABC), WCAU (NBC); Indianapolis: WRTV (ABC); Milwaukee: WTMJ (NBC); Manchester: WMUR (ABC); Cleveland: WJW (Fox); Springfield/Decatur/Champaign: WCIA (CBS); Rochester, NY: WHEC (NBC); Quad Cities (IL counties): WQAD (ABC); Hartford: WVIT (NBC); Madison, WI: WISC (CBS); Cincinnati: WCPO (ABC); and Cape Girardeau/Paducah/Carbondale/Harrisburg (IL counties): KFVS (CBS).

"Northern Assembly Member JGibson: Welcome to this afternoon's press conference.

First order of business: I recommend that Northern region voters vote in Blair2015 for the House of Representatives special election.

Second order of business: A few more bills have passed and/or signed by the Northern Assembly: N309 (Clean Land, Air, and Water Act) and N310 (Campus Protection Act). N311 (Repeal of the Official Primate) failed. N307 (Constitutional Amendment: Voter Integrity Act) is projected to pass.

Thirdly, The Trump/Pence Misadministration's first week has been a colossal failure

Fourthly, and lastly, before Questions are taken, the "President" will announce his pick to fill the vacancy of Antonin Scalia will be next week.

Questions? First one, from WMAQ in Chicago."

WMAQ: "Which division to you want to see win the NHL All-Star game Sunday?"

JGibson: May the Central Division win the NHL All-Star game. Next question, and it comes from WPIX.

WPIX: "How's the first week of the Trump Administration faring?"

JGibson: The Trump/Pence Misadministration's first week is a colossal failure, namely his repeated lying about the crowd sizes at his inauguration last Friday, continued attacks on the freedom of the press, clampdowns at several government agencies, reinstatement of the anti-women's health/anti-abortion Mexico City Policy, repeating debunked myths about "voter fraud", his racist and xenophobic executive orders targeting sanctuary cities, refugees, and travel to the US from seven Middle Eastern and Northern African countries. and his signatures granting the completions of DAPL and KXL. He did get one thing right: He removed the USA from the TPP.  Next question, and it comes from KSDK.

KSDK: "Who will you root for in the Super Bowl?"

JGibson: I hope the Falcons defeat the Patriots on February 5th.  Next Question comes from WMUR in Manchester, New Hampshire.

WMUR: "Who'll be the favorite to be Scalia's successor on the court?"

JGibson: Neil Gorsuch appears to be the small favorite, and I hope and pray it's NOT William Pryor. Next question from KDKA in Pittsburgh.

KDKA: "With Quarterback Big Ben possibly retiring from Pittsburgh, do you see the need to draft a QB early in the draft?"

JGibson: The Steelers should draft a QB fairly early on in the draft, especially if Big Ben retires. Landry Jones is NOT cut out to be a regular full-time starter, so an upgrade is needed in the backup spot if Roethlisberger stays. Final question, and it's from KTVI.

KTVI: "How big a success was the Women's Marches in DC and elsewhere in America and the world?"

JGibson: They were very successful. In the DC march, it had more people than the inaugural of our "President."

The next press conference is next Friday afternoon, with a somewhat different group of pressers.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 10:02:03 PM »

The appointment of Neil Gorsuch to the SCOTUS seat vacated by Antonin Scalia's death by Trump is a stolen appointment that belonged to Obama's pick Merrick Garland. It must be stopped!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 10:34:42 PM »

Next presser: Friday afternoon, from Granite City office.

Media outlets invited: National: NBCSN; St. Louis (IL counties and my home DMA): KTVI (Fox), KMOV (CBS), KSDK (NBC); Chicago: WMAQ (NBC), WLS (ABC), WGN (CW); NYC: WPIX (CW), WNBC (NBC), WABC (ABC), WCBS (CBS), WXTV (UNI), WNYW (Fox); Pittsburgh: KDKA (CBS), WPXI (NBC); Boston: WGBH (PBS), WFXT (Fox), WHDH (IND); Columbus, OH: WBNS (CBS); Detroit: WXYZ (ABC); Philadelphia: WPVI (ABC), WCAU (NBC); Indianapolis: WRTV (ABC); Milwaukee: WTMJ (NBC); Cleveland: WOIO (CBS); Houston: KRIV (Fox); Atlanta: WAGA (Fox); and Cape Girardeau/Paducah/Carbondale/Harrisburg (IL counties): KFVS (CBS).

Seating Chart (max. 35) for the next presser:
WFXT | WAGA | KRIV | WNYW | KTVI
WPIX | WGN | KMOV | KSDK  | WABC
WCBS | WNBC | WLS | WMAQ | WHDH
KFVS | WGBH | WXYZ | WTMJ | WXTV
WRTV | WPVI  | KDKA | WBNS | WCAU
|        | WOIO | NBCSN | WPXI |

NOTE: While Houston (host city) and Atlanta (Falcons) are outside the region, their Fox affiliates will be at this presser because of their network's airing of the Super Bowl game.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »

Media outlets invited: National: NBCSN; St. Louis (IL counties and my home DMA): KTVI (Fox), KMOV (CBS), KSDK (NBC); Chicago: WMAQ (NBC), WLS (ABC), WGN (CW); NYC: WPIX (CW), WNBC (NBC), WABC (ABC), WCBS (CBS), WXTV (UNI), WNYW (Fox); Pittsburgh: KDKA (CBS), WPXI (NBC); Boston: WGBH (PBS), WFXT (Fox), WHDH (IND); Columbus, OH: WBNS (CBS); Detroit: WXYZ (ABC); Philadelphia: WPVI (ABC), WCAU (NBC); Indianapolis: WRTV (ABC); Milwaukee: WTMJ (NBC); Cleveland: WOIO (CBS); Houston: KRIV (Fox); Atlanta: WAGA (Fox); and Cape Girardeau/Paducah/Carbondale/Harrisburg (IL counties): KFVS (CBS).

Transcript (02.03.2017 Press Conference)Sad
"Northern Assembly Member JGibson: Welcome to the 2nd weekly press conference. There are two big sporting games this weekend: the Super Bowl between the Falcons and the Patriots is a couple of days away and the big Chelsea-Arsenal clash tomorrow. In the political world, on Tuesday night, His Fraudulency has announced Neil Gorsuch to fill the vacancy created by the death of Antonin Scalia nearly a year ago. His Muslim Ban (aka Executive Order 13769) has caused massive chaos across the nation."

First question goes to Houston Fox affiliate KRIV, whose station resides in Super Bowl LI's host city.

KRIV: "Who will win the Super Bowl?"

JGibson: The answer's obvious: As a Steeler fan and a Cheatriots hater, I gotta go with the Falcons. Next Question goes to Milwaukee NBC station WTMJ.

WTMJ: "How is Trump's Muslim Ban EO making an impact on our nation?"

JGibson: The impacts are obvious: it is a hurtful and divisive executive order. Next question from St. Louis CBS affiliate KMOV.

KMOV: "Missouri will soon-to-be a right-to-work state. Is it a good or bad thing for the Show-Me State?"

JGibson: As an Illinoisan with familial ties to Missouri, seeing it becoming a "right-to-work" state will be a terrible thing to happen. Next Q, and it comes from NBCSN.

NBCSN: "Are Arsenal's title chances essentially over, in the wake of their shock 2-1 loss to Watford Tuesday? And will they defeat Chelsea again tomorrow?"

JGibson: On the title race: We're close to being toast for that, especially if we lose tomorrow. We gotta win if we have any hope of staying in it. Next question comes from NBC's New York affiliate WNBC.

WNBC: "What's your take on Trump picking Neil Gorsuch for the vacant Supreme Court seat?"

JGibson: I believe that seat was wrongfully stolen from Merrick Garland, and the GOP obstructed on purpose to get us to this point. Gorsuch is NOT a "mainstream" jurist, but a far-right one, and thus should be voted down and/or filibustered. Next question goes to Detroit ABC station WXYZ.

WXYZ: "Why is President Trump silent on the mosque shooting in Quebec, Canada?"

JGibson: It is because the shooter is a far-right white nationalist admirer of Marine LePen and Donald Trump, and that Trump himself is a rabid Islamophobe. Next question from Chicago CW affiliate WGN.

WGN: "What's your take on Milo Yiannopoulos and the unrest at UC-Berkeley?"

JGibson: I absolutely abhor what Yiannopoulos and their "alt-right" ilk stand for. As for the protest that night that turned violent, it was a small Black Bloc that intended to cause trouble by vandalizing and rioting the campus and overshadow the majority who protested Milo peacefully. Next question comes from WRTV, the ABC affiliate from Indianapolis.

WRTV: "There were reports that you were going to go run for the national House of Representatives. What did your decision end up being?"

JGibson: My decision ended up staying where I'm at now: staying in the Northern Assembly at this time. Going for the House will be considered down the road. The final question will be a joint question from the Fox affiliates of the markets of the two teams playing: WAGA in Atlanta and WFXT in Boston. The coin toss was decided before the conference, and WFXT won the toss, so they get the first part of the joint question.

WFXT: "What will be the final score?"
WAGA: Who will be the Super Bowl MVP?"

JGibson: The final score will be Falcons 31, Patriots 28. The Super Bowl MVP will be Matt Ryan. Go Falcons!
Thanks for your questions. The next press conference is next Friday afternoon, with a somewhat different group of pressers.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 11:01:25 PM »

Tonight's big Super Bowl comeback win by the Cheatriots over the Falcons in OT feels like an attack on American values.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 05:39:29 AM »

We all know that Arsenal need to cart Wenger out at the end of the season
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 03:38:37 PM »

Our election for a new term is coming upon us shortly. Vote for me in the next election.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 08:36:40 PM »

Next presser: Thursday afternoon, from New York Office.

Media outlets invited:
Television
National: none
Local: St. Louis (IL counties and my home DMA): KTVI (Fox), KMOV (CBS), KSDK (NBC); Chicago: WMAQ (NBC), WLS (ABC), WGN (CW), WTTW (PBS); NYC: WPIX (CW), WNBC (NBC), WABC (ABC), WCBS (CBS), WXTV (UNI), WNYW (Fox); Pittsburgh: KDKA (CBS), WPXI (NBC); Boston: WFXT (Fox), WHDH (IND); Detroit: WXYZ (ABC), WDIV (NBC); Philadelphia: WPVI (ABC), WCAU (NBC); Indianapolis: WRTV (ABC), WTTV (CBS); Milwaukee: WTMJ (NBC); Cleveland: WOIO (CBS); Springfield/Champaign/Decatur: WCIA (CBS); Cape Girardeau/Paducah/Carbondale/Harrisburg (IL counties): KFVS (CBS); and Washington DC: WUSA (CBS).

Print/Online
Local: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Belleville News-Democrat, The Telegraph (Alton), Southern Illinoisan, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, New York Daily News, New York Times, Washington Post, and Boston Globe.

Seating Chart (max. 43) for the next presser:
WGN | KMOV  | WNBC | KSDK | KTVI
WPIX | WCBS | WABC | Chicago Tribune | WLS
WaPo | NYT | NYDN | WMAQ | St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Southern Illinoisan | WNYW | WXYZ | WUSA | Belleville News-Democrat
WTMJ  | WPVI  | KDKA | WXTV  | WCAU
Boston Globe | WHDH | WOIO | WDIV | WPXI
WRTV| WTTW | Chicago Sun Times | WTTW | WFXT
The Telegraph | KFVS | WCIA
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 09:34:51 PM »

Media outlets invited:
Television
Local: St. Louis (IL counties and my home DMA): KTVI (Fox), KMOV (CBS), KSDK (NBC); Chicago: WMAQ (NBC), WLS (ABC), WGN (CW), WTTW (PBS); NYC: WPIX (CW), WNBC (NBC), WABC (ABC), WCBS (CBS), WXTV (UNI), WNYW (Fox); Pittsburgh: KDKA (CBS), WPXI (NBC); Boston: WFXT (Fox), WHDH (IND); Detroit: WXYZ (ABC), WDIV (NBC); Philadelphia: WPVI (ABC), WCAU (NBC); Indianapolis: WRTV (ABC), WTTV (CBS); Milwaukee: WTMJ (NBC); Cleveland: WOIO (CBS); Springfield/Champaign/Decatur: WCIA (CBS); Cape Girardeau/Paducah/Carbondale/Harrisburg (IL counties): KFVS (CBS); and Washington DC: WUSA (CBS).

Print/Online
Local: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Belleville News-Democrat, The Telegraph (Alton), Southern Illinoisan, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, New York Daily News, New York Times, Washington Post, and Boston Globe.

Transcript (02.16.2017 Press Conference)Sad
Northern Assembly Member JGibson: "Welcome to the 3rd weekly press conference. As we all know, the Atlasia elections are this weekend.  Here are my endorsements as follows: For President, I encourage you to vote for the NeverAgain/Southern Gothic ticket. For the Northern Region Class I Senate seat, vote R2D2/20RP12. For the House, vote all Labor candidates. For our region's governor, vote to keep Mike Wells in. For the Northern Assembly, vote for Labor Party members and those caucusing with our party in drewmike87, Lok, Wolverine22,  CXSmith, and me. And finally, for the referenda items, vote YES to the Voter Integrity Act and the tiebreaker amendment, and vote your conscience as to which name to pick for our region."

First question goes to the Washington Post from our nation's capital in DC.

Washington Post: "How do you feel about the Michael Flynn fiasco?"

JGibson: I believe that he belongs in a jail cell for lying to the FBI. It seems ironic that this man that led the "Lock Her Up!" chants at the RNC (while remaining a registered Democrat) is going to be the one possibly locked up. Next question comes from New York's ABC affiliate WABC.

WABC: "How good is your re-election chances for your assembly seat?"

JGibson: Very bigly good. Next question, and it comes from Chicago's PBS station WTTW.

WTTW: "On the Betsy DeVos appointment as our Education Secretary, how do you feel about it?"

JGibson: DeVos is a terrible pick and will greatly harm our nation's school system.  Next Question comes from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

St. Louis P-D: "Andy Puzder's nomination was withdrawn. How will it impact labor?"

JGibson: It's just a temporary, but much-needed win for labor, Fight for 15, and the left. Next question, and it's coming from WPVI in Philly.

WPVI: "How will Trump's Muslim Ban executive order be decided in the highest court, should it go that far?"

JGibson: I have 100% confidence that Trump will lose that case. Next question from WDIV in Detroit.

WDIV: "The late Mike Ilitch passed away recently, and you're known to be a Blues fan. Your take?"

JGibson: The Blues fan in Me LOATHED the Red Wings, and still do to this day. He did a classy deed in paying for Rosa Parks' rent in her final years prior to her death. Next Question, and it's from WHDH in Boston.

WHDH: "Were you stunned when the Patriots came back to win the Super Bowl in OT?"

JGibson: I was saddened and angered when they came back to win it in OT. Next question, and it comes from NYC's Univision station WXTV.

WXTV (In Spanish/En Español): "¿Cómo te sientes sobre la protesta del Día Sin Inmigrantes?"
WXTV (In English/En Inglés, translated): "How do you feel about the Day Without Immigrants protest?"

JGibson: I wholeheartedly support immigration reform and the #DayWithoutImmigrants protests across our fine nation. Next question: The Southern Illinoisan on the ICE Raids.

The Southern Illinoisan: "How do you feel about the ICE Raids occurring across the nation?"

JGibson: It's an insult to American values to see undocumented immigrants who have had not committed a crime, had lived in this nation for decades, and worked to make ends meet, to be swept up for potential deportation. Next up in the asking queue is WTTV from Indianapolis.

WTTV: "Elizabeth Warren was ruled out of order on her filibuster of Jeff Sessions' nomination to head the US DOJ. Was Mitch McConnell right or wrong in what he did to Warren?"

JGibson: He was most certainly dead wrong on silencing the esteemed Senator from Massachusetts. In fact, it inspired the "Nevertheless, She Persisted" phrase into the common lectionary to use. Next question from WCBS out of New York.

WCBS: "The Kellyanne Conway/Ivanka Trump conflict of interest brouhaha was last week. Does Conway have any ethics whatsoever?"

JGibson: The answer to that question is heck no. Next question from KTVI.

KTVI: "Are you glad that Kurt Warner is headed to Canton, Ohio to be enshrined into the Football Hall of Fame this August?"

JGibson: YES, I am. I rooted for him when I was a Rams fan back when I was younger. Next up is KFVS from Cape Girardeau, Missouri.

KFVS: "After four weeks of Trump's time in office, how do you view his presidency so far?"

JGibson: I view it as a massive failure and a debacle so far. I wouldn't be surprised if he resigns or gets impeached at some point down the road. Until then, it's going to be a very bumpy road. The 2nd to last question is going to WUSA from Washington, DC.

WUSA: "What is it with Trump's obsession with calling every story he don't like as 'fake news?'"

JGibson: It's just a way for him to lie and obfuscate the truth to his followers. He just cannot handle the truth being reported about him. Final question from The Telegraph in Alton, Illinois.

The (Alton) Telegraph: "The Illinois Gubernatorial race: How shocked were you when Bob Daiber was going to be running for Governor on the Democratic line?"

JGibson: I was stunned at first, but I'm still undecided officially as to who to back to run against incumbent Bruce Rauner (R). My picks so far are either Daiber or [Andy] Manar, but it's still early.
We will be back with a Press Conference on Tuesday of next week, regardless of the election outcome. In any case, vote for me this weekend to be your Assembly member!

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 02:27:42 PM »

This weekend is the big election. Vote for me to be on the Northern Assembly! Also, vote Labor or for Labor-caucusing candidates up and down the ballot!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 06:36:17 PM »

You only have a few hours left to cast your votes in the Northern Election and the Federal races. Vote Labor candidates up and down the ballot and me for a seat in the Northern Assembly!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies