The Office of Lincoln General Court Deputy JGibson (DA-IL)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:34:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Lincoln General Court Deputy JGibson (DA-IL)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Author Topic: The Office of Lincoln General Court Deputy JGibson (DA-IL)  (Read 23585 times)
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 04:11:30 PM »
« edited: February 20, 2017, 06:35:02 PM by JGibson »

I have been honored to win another term as an Assembly Member of the North (aka Lincoln). The Detroit, Michigan office has been upgraded to a full-time office, while a new part-time satellite office has opened up in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

- Lincoln (North) AM JGibson.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 06:40:05 PM »

Congrats on your reelection!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 12:11:24 AM »

UPDATE: My presser will be tomorrow afternoon.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 02:48:46 PM »

Next presser: Today, from New York Office.

Media outlets invited:
Television
National: none
Local: St. Louis (IL counties and my home DMA): KTVI (Fox), KMOV (CBS), KSDK (NBC); Chicago: WMAQ (NBC), WLS (ABC), WGN (CW), WTTW (PBS); NYC: WPIX (CW), WNBC (NBC), WABC (ABC), WCBS (CBS), WXTV (UNI), WNYW (Fox); Pittsburgh: KDKA (CBS), WPXI (NBC); Boston: WFXT (Fox), WHDH (IND); Detroit: WXYZ (ABC), WDIV (NBC); Philadelphia: WPVI (ABC),; Indianapolis: WRTV (ABC), WTTV (CBS); Cincinnati: WCPO (ABC); Milwaukee: WTMJ (NBC); and Washington DC: WUSA (CBS).

Print/Online
National: Mother Jones
Local: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Belleville News-Democrat, Southern Illinoisan, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, New York Daily News, New York Times, Washington Post, and Boston Globe.

Seating Chart (max. 43) for the next presser:
WGN | KMOV  | WNBC | KSDK | KTVI
WPIX | WCBS | WABC | Chicago Tribune | WLS
WaPo | NYT | NYDN | WMAQ | St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Southern Illinoisan | WNYW | WXYZ | WUSA | Belleville News-Democrat
WTMJ  | WPVI  | KDKA | WXTV | WHDH
Boston Globe | WCPO |  WFXT | WDIV | WPXI
WRTV | WTTW | Chicago Sun Times | WTTW | Mother Jones
|  | 
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2017, 04:23:00 PM »

Media outlets invited:
Television
National: none
Local: St. Louis (IL counties and my home DMA): KTVI (Fox), KMOV (CBS), KSDK (NBC); Chicago: WMAQ (NBC), WLS (ABC), WGN (CW), WTTW (PBS); NYC: WPIX (CW), WNBC (NBC), WABC (ABC), WCBS (CBS), WXTV (UNI), WNYW (Fox); Pittsburgh: KDKA (CBS), WPXI (NBC); Boston: WFXT (Fox), WHDH (IND); Detroit: WXYZ (ABC), WDIV (NBC); Philadelphia: WPVI (ABC),; Indianapolis: WRTV (ABC), WTTV (CBS); Cincinnati: WCPO (ABC); Milwaukee: WTMJ (NBC); and Washington DC: WUSA (CBS).

Print/Online
National: Mother Jones
Local: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Belleville News-Democrat, Southern Illinoisan, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, New York Daily News, New York Times, Washington Post, and Boston Globe.

Transcript (02.22.2017 Press Conference)Sad
Lincoln Assembly Member JGibson: "Welcome to the 4th weekly press conference. This weekend, the voters of the Lincoln (or formerly the Northern) Region decided to elect me, along with four others, to serve in the Lincoln Assembly for another term. I want to congratulate Mike Wells for winning re-election to Governor of the Lincoln region, R2D2 for winning a term in the Class I Senate seat for our party, and those who voted in the referendums to change the region's name from North to Lincoln and getting both Constitutional amendments passed. At the national level, our party was hurt badly at the Presidential level, as Federalist dfwlibertylover won the contest by a fairly narrow margin. The House appears to be a 4-4-1 split or a 5-4 Federalist win."

The floor will now be opened to your questions, and the First Question goes to the New York Times.

NYT: "How will Trump's immigration deportation plans impact undocumented immigrants?"

Lincoln AM JGibson: It will have a hurtful impact on undocumented immigrants. Next one, from Mother Jones.

Mother Jones: "Is Trump really sincerely condemning anti-Semitism?"

JGibson: I believe it's too little, too late for that. The evidence shows that he isn't the "least anti-Semitic person you've seen in your entire life," and he isn't "the least racist person", either. Next Question, from WLS in Chicago.

WLS: "On the C-SPAN survey of best Presidents, Barack Obama (D), who has recently completed his two terms in office, is ranked #12 overall. Will he be ranked higher as time goes by?"

JGibson:  President Obama ranked #12 is an excellent starting position overall, and has the potential to grow higher in the ranks over the years and decades ahead.  Next one, from New York Daily News.

NYDN: CPAC announced, then rescinded alt-right demagogue Milo Yiannopoulos's invite to speak at the convention in light of his pedophilia scandal. He resigned from Breitbart yesterday. What do you make of that?

JGibson: The Reagan Battalion, a conservative #NeverTrump-aligned group, was the one who finally put the nails in the coffins for pedophile Milo's career of bigotry. We thank them for doing so. Breitbart, while Milo no longer works there, is still a crass fact-free outlet. Next question, and it's from WCPO in Cincy.

WCPO: "On Donald Trump's treatment of the press, is he right or wrong in calling out the media for their biases?"

JGibson: Trump and his group of henchmen and henchwomen are doing everything they can to erode the remaining trust of journalists and news outlets left that don't 100% toe his line, especially CNN and the New York Times. He is out to harm the freedom of the press in the country, no questions asked. Next question belongs to WABC in New York.

WABC: "Are President Trump's claims about a terrorist attack in Sweden that he uttered out in a rally at Melbourne, Florida this past Saturday true or false?"

JGibson: Knowing Trump and his farce of an administration, he's likely making stuff up, straight from the Drudge, Breitbart, and Fox playbooks. Next question from KTVI in St. Louis.

KTVI: "The Cheshed Shel Emeth Cemetery vandalism attack in University City, Missouri. How do you feel about that?"

JGibson: It was a sickening display of vandalism, and likely connected to the rash of anti-Semitic incidents recently in our country.  Hopefully the perpetrators are captured and punished to the fullest extent of the law. Next question, and it's from WMAQ in Chicago.

WMAQ: "We know that the DAPL campsite in Standing Rock, North Dakota is supposed to be cleared out today. Are the #NoDAPL protesters fighting for what's right?"

JGibson: I believe in the water protectors protesting DAPL, much to the chagrin of what Tomi Lahren wants to think otherwise. #WaterIsLife and #NoDAPL forever! Next question, and it's from the Boston Globe.

Boston Globe: "With the Trump Administration proposing a new directive on transgender students, thereby rescinding the previous one by Obama Administration, how will it impact the trans students in schools?"

JGibson: There will be a very negative and harmful impact on the protection of trans students in schools that wish to use facilities that matching the identity of their gender. The Gavin Grimm case is up on the SCOTUS docket, and oral arguments will be next month. A ruling will come down in late June 2017. Next question goes to the Chicago Tribune.

Chicago Tribune: "Were you happy when you won re-election to your Assembly seat?"

JGibson: Yep. You betcha. Next question goes to WRTV in Indianapolis on the DNC Chair race.

WRTV: "Who is the favorite to succeed Debbie Wasserman Schultz and interim Donna Brazile for the DNC chair when the election for it is held this weekend? Who's your second choice?"

JGibson: My favorite pick appears to be Minnesota Congressman Keith Ellison, and my second choice is Pete Buttigieg from South Bend, Indiana. Final question is handed to WTMJ in Milwaukee.

WTMJ: "On Sheriff David Clarke:  Will he run for Senate in 2018 as a Republican?"

JGibson: I believe that's a decent possibility. He'll likely switch parties officially (even though he's already a Republican de facto) within the next year. Hopefully Tammy Baldwin sends him and his monstrous lies about #BlackLivesMatter and his Trump-kissing ways packing next November. That's all for this presser. See you next Friday.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 06:01:42 PM »

I love the press idea and love to see our regional politicians getting more active and involved overall with things like this, but one question: how come the presser was all about IRL issues?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2017, 06:07:11 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Who? Tongue

Excellent idea, though.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2017, 08:54:37 PM »

I love the press idea and love to see our regional politicians getting more active and involved overall with things like this, but one question: how come the presser was all about IRL issues?
On why IRL issues dominate press conferences of mine: The real life policies of the constituents of my region are affected by such policies and a provides a voice for the rebuttal of the weekly White House address by Trump and Spicer's daily pressers. I guess I could have the press ask more Atlasia-related stuff, effective next conference. I recently started added print media to the proceedings.

Prime Minister Truman: NYT is New York Times, and I may start naming reporters from each station, effective next conference.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2017, 08:56:56 PM »

On why IRL issues dominate press conferences of mine: The real life policies of the constituents of my region are affected by such policies and a provides a voice for the rebuttal of the weekly White House address by Trump and Spicer's daily pressers. I guess I could have the press ask more Atlasia-related stuff, effective next conference. I recently started added print media to the proceedings.

Prime Minister Truman: NYT is New York Times, and I may start naming reporters from each station, effective next conference.

Donald Trump is not the President of Atlasia. He does not exist in Atlasia. Atlasia is a simulation. Next to nothing that happens in IRL America corresponds to what happens in Atlasia.

And Truman said "Who?" as a response to your response to this Trump character, who once again does not exist within the confines of this game.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2017, 10:15:43 PM »

Donald Trump is not the President of Atlasia. He does not exist in Atlasia. Atlasia is a simulation. Next to nothing that happens in IRL America corresponds to what happens in Atlasia.

And Truman said "Who?" as a response to your response to this Trump character, who once again does not exist within the confines of this game.
LOL, yeah, I know what the New York Times is. Tongue
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 10:44:28 PM »

We apologize for the extended lull in Lincoln Assembly activity. Hopefully it'll be active soon.

- Lincoln (North) AM JGibson.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2017, 01:39:37 AM »

I have humbly accepted the Lieutenant Governor's job for the region of Lincoln.

- Lincoln (North) AM/Lt. Gov JGibson.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »

I recommend all constituents of Lincoln (and the other two Regions) go out and vote YES on the Electoral Tie Resolution Amendment this weekend.

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2017, 01:50:16 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2017, 01:52:08 AM by JGibson »

Team USA is in the World Baseball Classic final against Puerto Rico, who happens to be a territory of the USA. May the best team win.

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 09:34:52 PM »

Effective tonight, I am officially joining the Labor Party on a full-time basis. I was previously a Democratic party member who caucused with the Labor Party.

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2017, 11:52:52 PM »

I have announced that I am running for yet another term to the Lincoln Assembly, this time as full-time member of the Labor Party.

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2017, 10:50:22 PM »

I recommend all constituents of Lincoln cast a vote for Hoosier Nick in the special election to fill DrewMike's Assembly seat this weekend.

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2017, 09:27:06 PM »

The election to fill Spark498's seat is now ongoing between RGN (Fed) and kyc0705 (Ind), and write-ins. Vote wisely.

Sorry for not getting the ballot posted sooner.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2017, 08:04:05 AM »

I assume the ballot be will lasting for 72 hours, rather than ending on Sunday?
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2017, 12:23:05 AM »

I assume the ballot be will lasting for 72 hours, rather than ending on Sunday?
Yes. I apologize for getting the recent special election ballot later than normal, because of the two declared candidates announcing in the middle of last week.

Hopefully we won't be having a later-than-scheduled election scenario like this again.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2017, 12:19:22 AM »

April is one of my favorite times of the year: Blues in the playoffs, Cardinals season starting, and the NFL draft coming up. I am praying that the Blues finally win the Cup.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2017, 02:56:32 PM »

Happy Easter to all the constituents of the Region of Lincoln.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2017, 09:48:27 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2017, 12:37:38 AM by JGibson »

This weekend, we have elections in all three regions for the Atlasia House of Representatives. The candidates that deserve your high preferences when your vote (1st-5th preferences) are DrewMike87, Clyde1998, Peebs, OneJ_, and simossad.

If you live in the Fremont region, I recommend LongLiveRock as your 1st preference.

This session, I have sponsored five bills, and four of them came into law. On March 22nd, 2017, I officially joined the Labor Party on a full-time basis, after having been a Democratic Party member that caucused with Labor. As a result of a few of my former Assembly colleagues resigning and/or seeking (and winning) promotions to nationwide offices, I was named the Lt. Governor and was for a time acting Speaker.  

All Lincoln voters should 1st, 2nd, or 3rd preference me for a seat in the regional Assembly. Also, Ascott deserves your 1st preference for the Lincoln Senate seat.

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2017, 12:01:53 AM »

Congrats to the election of Ascott to the Senate to represent our region. 

In the Assembly, I want to congratulate RGN, CXSmith, Lok1999, and kyc0705 on their victories to join me in the Assembly for the next term.

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2017, 01:14:56 PM »

I am pleased to add three new campaign offices, one full time satellite office and three part-time satellite offices.
Bridgeport, CT [Part-Time Satellite]
Buffalo, NY [Part-Time Satellite]
Newark, NJ [Part-Time Satellite]
Madison, WI [Full-Time Satellite]

In addition, the Hartford, CT office will be promoted to Full-Time Satellite.
- Lincoln AM/Lt. Gov JGibson.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies