SD-AL: Tomi Lahren to run for Congress in 2018?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:26:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SD-AL: Tomi Lahren to run for Congress in 2018?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: SD-AL: Tomi Lahren to run for Congress in 2018?  (Read 5347 times)
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 14, 2016, 07:59:28 PM »

Nathan Gonzales at Roll Call:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh my word! Tomi Lahren in Congress would be terrible for America, and several of the things she’s said or tweeted would be attack ad fodder for whoever she runs against, either in the GOP primary or the general against a Democrat.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 08:05:30 PM »

Please please please run and let Stephanie Herseth Sandlin get her job back.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 08:08:27 PM »

Maybe she'll apply for an internship and the GOP will offer her the primary nomination?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 08:09:37 PM »

What exactly are her qualifications to be in Congress? With that said, after a couple of years of Trump, it might not be as easy as she thinks it is to walk into a seat in Congress. She might end up looking like a fool in a midterm elections.
Mike67
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 08:14:43 PM »

She's an up and coming Conservative and I would vote for her. I'm surprised Glenn Beck hasn't fired her from Blaze TV for supporting Donald Trump in the Election.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 08:25:53 PM »

We're just letting everyone terrible take over the country, aren't we?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 08:38:36 PM »

Sweet Jesus.
Mike67
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 08:41:59 PM »

I'm surprised Glenn Beck hasn't fired her from Blaze TV for supporting Donald Trump in the Election.

Legit was thinking about that just the other day.

Anyways I think Lahren should run but she has a promising career ahead of her in media. She would make a talented candidate though and she is very articulate so I'm all in on her running for congress. She would be a fresh voice of reason. I don't know which I want more, me watching her show more or her being in Congress.

She would be a good pick to replace Megyn Kelly at Fox News when she leaves for CNN in 2017
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 08:48:15 PM »

No, no no. Too polarizing. I agree she should replace Megyn Kelly (or the other token liberal, Shepard Smith) at Fox and stay in journalism/broadcasting.

Also, SHS is a lobbyist now IIRC, Brendan Johnson is the Democrats's guy if they want to seriously contest the seat.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 09:05:26 PM »

She would win (albeit under-whelmingly). South Dakota is utterly gone for the Democrats.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 09:06:09 PM »

South Dakota is trying to keep it's title of having the best looking congressional delegation
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 10:12:00 PM »

What exactly are her qualifications to be in Congress?

She was given her own show twice for idiotic reasons.  Why not a House seat?

Reading this makes me doubt how well she'd fare in the primary let alone a GE.  She really makes millennials look like idiots and I'm not sure how her soft tone on social issues would go with Republicans in her state.  I don't see the SD GOP having a hard time finding someone better in substance.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 10:18:56 PM »

South Dakota is trying to keep it's title of having the best looking congressional delegation
Mike67
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 10:22:36 PM »

Reading this makes me doubt how well she'd fare in the primary let alone a GE.  She really makes millennials look like idiots and I'm not sure how her soft tone on social issues would go with Republicans in her state.  I don't see the SD GOP having a hard time finding someone better in substance.

She would be a great pick to replace Megyn Kelly at Fox News in 2017 and I bet Rupert Murdock's sons are thinking the same thing. A more Conservative woman who looks just as good or better than Megyn Kelly would be a plus for Fox News.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 10:40:58 PM »

Can't you guys at least pretend not to be pigs?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 10:43:29 PM »

Please don't let her be the first nineties baby in the House
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 10:58:08 PM »

No. The ones who make millennials look like idiots are the progressive crybabies.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 11:00:45 PM »

If her looks are the best thing that can be said about her, that's not a whole lot. Besides, she's not even all that. I saw better when doing the homeless count on the streets.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 11:03:49 PM »

What a ridiculous comment. Nothing in that comment is even remotely sexist or misogynistic. Is it really a "piggish" comment to say Kristi Noem and Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin are attractive women? Tomi Lahren is also attractive, it is not a bad thing to point that out.  

If I started fawning over Adam Kinzinger or Marco Rubio would that be sexist? Something tells me most likely not, in the eyes of some posters.

I'm personally a fan of both SD pols because of their policy positions but I also think they are both attractive (the latter of which has no real political significance to me).
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 11:06:27 PM »

What a ridiculous comment. Nothing in that comment is even remotely sexist or misogynistic. Is it really a "piggish" comment to say Kristi Noem and Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin are attractive women? Tomi Lahren is also attractive, it is not a bad thing to point that out.  

If I started fawning over Adam Kinzinger or Marco Rubio would that be sexist? Something tells me most likely not, in the eyes of some posters.

I'm personally a fan of both SD pols because of their policy positions but I also think they are both attractive (the latter of which has no real political significance to me).

Was not aware that John Thune and Mike Rounds are women.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2016, 11:08:36 PM »

I have no real opinion of Tomi Lahren, one way or another. She pretty much just regurgitates right-wing talking points and passes it off as legitimate public policy views, which is obviously bad.

But, sometimes when I get emotionally charged about an issue she says things in a way that I find agreeable.

That being said, no she should not run for Congress. I rather have Shantel Krebs run for the GOP. She's had a good amount of political experience (especially compared to Lahren) as SD SecState and as SD St. Sen. Majority Whip.

Mike67
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2016, 11:09:52 PM »

I have no real opinion of Tomi Lahren, one way or another. She pretty much just regurgitates right-wing talking points and passes it off as legitimate public policy views, which is obviously bad.

But, sometimes when I get emotionally charged about an issue she says things in a way that I find agreeable.

That being said, no she should not run for Congress. I rather have Shantel Krebs run for the GOP. She's had a good amount of political experience (especially compared to Lahren) as SD SecState and as SD St. Sen. Majority Whip.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2016, 11:10:20 PM »

This is the new Trump inspired culture. The Access Hollywood tape is the aspiration of his supporters. Sad!
Mike67
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2016, 11:10:47 PM »

I agree she is the obvious candidate for the GOP in South Dakota.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2016, 11:11:16 PM »

No. The ones who make millennials look like idiots are the progressive crybabies.

Hahaha you really got us there!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies