your opinion of joseph wilson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:38:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  your opinion of joseph wilson
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ....
freedom fighter

horrible person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: your opinion of joseph wilson  (Read 3236 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 16, 2005, 10:46:17 AM »

clearly the answer is option 2.

id rather listen to barbara boxer speak for hours and hours than listen to joseph wilson speak for 3 minutes.

'i made my bones freeing americans in kuwait...blah blah'

do us all a favor joe, and shut the f' up.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 11:42:44 AM »

3)  A former diplomat who is openly biased.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 11:47:28 AM »

option 1. He's anti-Bush.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 11:48:15 AM »

option 1
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 08:21:45 PM »

Freedom fighter.  Republicans sure hate him for showing that Bush lied with those 16 words in the 2003 State of the Union speech. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 11:33:13 PM »

Freedom fighter.  Republicans sure hate him for showing that Bush lied with those 16 words in the 2003 State of the Union speech. 

The problem is that he lied about Cheney sending him to Niger.  If he would have been honest about that, I might be much more sypathetic toward him.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 12:16:08 AM »

Now, I may be completely crazy, but I do remember distinctly hearing that, as it turns out, Wilson was wrong and Saddam was trying to buy uranium...certain bits of intelligence relating to the Niger thing may have been wrong, but I remember hearing that British Intelligence still stands by the overall claim...

(Or am I horribly confused).

In any event, I just find this scandal completely pointless in the first place--and even more so if the intelligence turned out to be right, after all.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 12:36:52 AM »

He's a tremendous liar.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 12:38:44 AM »

Correction.

He's a stupid liar.

So many of his statements have been proven to be lies.

He counts on the media and nutty lefties to ignore his lies.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 12:39:37 AM »

Now, I may be completely crazy, but I do remember distinctly hearing that, as it turns out, Wilson was wrong and Saddam was trying to buy uranium...certain bits of intelligence relating to the Niger thing may have been wrong, but I remember hearing that British Intelligence still stands by the overall claim...

(Or am I horribly confused).

In any event, I just find this scandal completely pointless in the first place--and even more so if the intelligence turned out to be right, after all.

Last I heard about the British claim they were still standing by it, but remember how long after the fact that we knew their were no weapons the British  Govt & White House stood by their WMD claims...
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 08:12:21 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2005, 08:14:17 AM by jfern »

The problem is that he lied about Cheney sending him to Niger.  If he would have been honest about that, I might be much more sypathetic toward him.

You bought into the debunked right-wing talking points, Mr. 940-heads-is-insignificant. You shameless Republicans are the liars.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://mediamatters.org/items/topic/200507140001

Unlike Bush, Wilson told the truth. You Republicans have a problem with the truth.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 10:43:01 AM »

You bought into the debunked right-wing talking points, Mr. 940-heads-is-insignificant. You shameless Republicans are the liars.

http://mediamatters.org/items/topic/200507140001

Unlike Bush, Wilson told the truth. You Republicans have a problem with the truth.

Well, JFRUAD, here is what he actually said:

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0706-02.htm

Once again, you've your  nickname JFRAUD.  He is what Wilson said, prior to the Novak column:

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0706-02.htm

There was never such a request from the VP office, and Cheney never suggested the trip or that Wilson be used.  He actually used the words "a little literary flair," when describing his recounting of the incidents.

An excellent article on this can be found here:  http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/337paflu.asp?pg=2

It recounts Mr. Wilson misleading the press when he was speaking to them as an unidentified source.

If he had not made this claim, I'd be substantially more pro-Wilson.  If he had said, "The CIA sent me, I investigated, found nothing, and reported back," I'd have a much higher opinion of him.  Mr. Wilson "embelishes" the truth the same way JFRAUD "embelishes" his knowledge of statistics, history, and the calendar.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 10:49:16 AM »

Stop saying JFraud, Mr. 940 heads and 60 tails are not statistically significant.  You are a pathetic partisan hack.  Read more carefully next time.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005, 10:50:56 AM »

Somewhere in between, but since I don't have that choice, a freedom fighter.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 10:52:46 AM »

Stop saying JFraud, Mr. 940 heads and 60 tails are not statistically significant.  You are a pathetic partisan hack.  Read more carefully next time.

Once asgain, you've demonstrated your ignorance and dishonesty; I merely call the readers attention to it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005, 10:54:23 AM »

Once asgain, you've demonstrated your ignorance and dishonesty; I merely call the readers attention to it.

You didn't read what you've posted carefully. You claim now 6 months later that 940 heads and 60 tails are not statistically significant. Who is the dishonest one?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2005, 11:02:19 AM »

Somewhere in between, but since I don't have that choice, a freedom fighter.

I would not choose "freedom fighter" only because of his "embelishments."  Had he come forward, not put in the things about the VP, nor made the other "embelishments," I'd call him he hero.  

I think there was an intelligence failure, I think the ignoring of his report was part of it, and I think he was right in publically calling attention to it.  If he'd stopped there, where the facts end, I might have actually voted for the guy for something.  Now, that is a pretty strong statement.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2005, 11:08:51 AM »

Once again, JFRAUD has proven his total intellectual dishonesty by trying to hoighjack the tread and resopond to the quoted information.

He did prove one thing; Joe Wilson isn't the most dishonest person in the US.  JFRAUD ranks higher on the list.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 11:09:54 AM »

You can't admit that 940 heads and 60 tails are statistically significant, despite a very clear and logical argument. This makes arguing with you pointless, if you will never admit defeat, no matter what the evidence. Unlike you Republicans, I have integrity. If there was a Democratic President with as much curroption, lies, and hypocricity, I would not be mindlessly spinning in their favor. You Republicans continued defense of this disaster running our country sickens me.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2005, 11:11:27 AM »

Once again, JFRAUD has proven his total intellectual dishonesty by trying to hoighjack the tread and resopond to the quoted information.

He did prove one thing; Joe Wilson isn't the most dishonest person in the US.  JFRAUD ranks higher on the list.

That you will not accept that 940 heads and 60 tails is statisitically significant is very relevant. It indictates that you have no intellectual honesty or integrity, and will never admit defeat, no matter how overwhelming the evidence. Instead of admitting defeat you resort to juvenile names.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2005, 11:55:55 AM »

That you will not accept that 940 heads and 60 tails is statisitically significant is very relevant. It indictates that you have no intellectual honesty or integrity, and will never admit defeat, no matter how overwhelming the evidence. Instead of admitting defeat you resort to juvenile names.

I claim complete and absolute victory[/i].  I've just demonstrated that you  have on this tread:

1.  Missstated what Wilson said, in his own words.

2.  Attempted, instead of admitting you were wrong, to change the subject.

3.  Started using the name first:

Freedom fighter. Republicans sure hate him for showing that Bush lied with those 16 words in the 2003 State of the Union speech.

The problem is that he lied about Cheney sending him to Niger. If he would have been honest about that, I might be much more sypathetic toward him.

[Emphasis added]

Here we can see who started the "juvenile" name calling.  I'm more than happy to let the readers read this post and make a determination.  This alone should speak to to your intellectual honesty, or lack thereof,  and it is quite easy to demonstrate it in this thread.  I didn't even start out to try.  :-)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2005, 12:00:49 PM »

I claim complete and absolute victory[/i].  I've just demonstrated that you  have on this tread:

So you claim that 940 heads and 60 tails are still statistically singificant.

Where?

I was merely pointint out that arguing with you is hopeless. You have no intellectual honesty or integrity as evidence by your continual insistance that I am wrong for saying that 940 heads and 60 tails are statistically signifcant, despite the overwhelming evidence.

But you admit that you think that 940 heads and 60 tails aren't statistically singificant. Why are you mad that I'm using a name that merely contains what is factually true, in J.J. land?

The problem is that he lied about Cheney sending him to Niger. If he would have been honest about that, I might be much more sypathetic toward him.
[/quote]

[/quote]
[Emphasis added]

Here we can see who started the "juvenile" name calling.  I'm more than happy to let the readers read this post and make a determination.  This alone should speak to to your intellectual honesty, or lack thereof,  and it is quite easy to demonstrate it in this thread.  I didn't even start out to try.  :-)
[/quote]

All you are doing is apoligizing for this treasonous regime that started a war in Iraq based upon lies. You digust me. I would not apoligize for such a curropt Democratic adminstration. You have no integrity or honesty.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2005, 12:04:49 PM »

Let's try this again, since J.J. seems to have failed to read the last sentence in this paragraph.

Continuing the debunking of the right-wing hack talking points that Joe Wilson said that Cheney sent him.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200507140001

They, put it in bold to try to get hacks like J.J.'s attention. However, J.J. has a habit of ignoring any facts that he doesn't like. As Reagan once said, "Facts are stupid things".

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2005, 12:11:21 PM »

As jfern once said, "facts are stupid things."
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix