Jackie Evancho, young acclaimed singer, to sing at Trump inauguration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:12:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jackie Evancho, young acclaimed singer, to sing at Trump inauguration
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jackie Evancho, young acclaimed singer, to sing at Trump inauguration  (Read 705 times)
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 15, 2016, 10:49:58 PM »
« edited: December 15, 2016, 10:52:02 PM by j92185 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jackie-evancho-inauguration_us_5852a81fe4b0732b82ff0690

I think its great.  She's a wonderful talent and what a great way to symbolically stand up for trans kids at the inauguration of what will be a rotten, stinking, antigay government.  What a subtle, but effective blow to that LGBTQ conversion dude Mike Pence.
JoshPA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 06:10:55 PM »

i doubt pence is anti lgbt he supported a funding bill that had lgbt conversion in in it (( i am in favor of that ONLY IF THE PERSON WANTS TO BE CONVERTED!) trust me i am not anti lgbt.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 06:30:54 PM »

The suggestion that sexual orientation can be changed is preposterous.  Are straight people forced to go to conversion therapy to become gay?  Do ANY straight people seek out conversion therapy to become gay?  That's how ridiculous the whole entire concept is.

If a person feels uncomfortable with sex, whether they be straight or gay, they can choose to abstain and be celibate.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 06:32:49 PM »

i doubt pence is anti lgbt he supported a funding bill that had lgbt conversion in in it (( i am in favor of that ONLY IF THE PERSON WANTS TO BE CONVERTED!) trust me i am not anti lgbt.

Literally no one would choose to be put through conversion therapy. Conversion therapy does not work. It creates suicides, depression, and enforces a narrative that being gay is unnatural.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 06:34:09 PM »

Literally no one would choose to be put through conversion therapy. Conversion therapy does not work. It creates suicides, depression, and enforces a narrative that being gay is unnatural.
Literally thousands of people do it every year. Whether it works or not is another story, but that doesn't change the facts.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 06:43:46 PM »

Literally thousands of people do it every year. Whether it works or not is another story, but that doesn't change the facts.

The fact that they do it, doesn't mean that they want it. More likely, they're forced by religious relatives. No one would want to go through this torture in a free society, and since the United States of America strives for a free society, it should ban psychological torture.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 07:09:01 PM »

thousands of people willingly choose to listen to meghan trainor every year, doesn't mean that shouldn't be banned
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 10:22:02 PM »

I'm pretty liberal on lgbtq issues, but I do find it funny how liberals think it's a terrible crime for people to consider changing their sexual orientation, but at the same time encourage people to not accept their biological gender.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 12:15:00 AM »

I'm pretty liberal on lgbtq issues, but I do find it funny how liberals think it's a terrible crime for people to consider changing their sexual orientation, but at the same time encourage people to not accept their biological gender.

It's a crime to manifest in our laws confirmation that certain people are lesser simply because of how they were born. It's unsurprising that people would consider "conversion therapy" after having the idea driven in them that who they are is wrong, and that only through this process can they become "normal". It is wrong, plain and simple by all measures.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 02:49:08 AM »

Can anyone point me to this supposed lgbt conversion legislation Pence supported?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 03:05:02 AM »

Can anyone point me to this supposed lgbt conversion legislation Pence supported?
Running for congress he wanted to take all HIV funding and funnel it into conversion "therapy"
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 03:06:45 AM »

WTF are you going on about?

I know the answer is going to be revoltingly stupid, but my curiosity has gotten the better of me.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 03:25:02 AM »

Running for congress he wanted to take all HIV funding and funnel it into conversion "therapy"
What he really said is this:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Doesn't sound like all funding to me (wouldn't apply to state funds to help people pay for drugs, for example), and there's a world of difference between assisting people in changing their behavior and changing their sexual attraction.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 03:53:37 AM »

Doesn't sound like all funding to me (wouldn't apply to state funds to help people pay for drugs, for example), and there's a world of difference between assisting people in changing their behavior and changing their sexual attraction.

What are you, his lawyer?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 04:30:24 AM »

There's a clear difference between understanding that sexuality is fluid, and that people identity differently throughout their life and supporting gay conversion therapy where teens, often Christians are put in counselling programs that sometimes have rates of suicide rates of up to 80%
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 06:41:48 AM »

There's a clear difference between understanding that sexuality is fluid, and that people identity differently throughout their life and supporting gay conversion therapy where teens, often Christians are put in counselling programs that sometimes have rates of suicide rates of up to 80%
I definitely think conversion "therapy" is a waste of time and money, and I can see where such programs could increase suicide rates among those subjected to them, but that's such an extreme number I must say [CITATION NEEDED].
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 10:46:13 AM »

Have the libs threatened this little kid yet?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 05:15:14 PM »

Have the libs threatened this little kid yet?

Probably depends upon whether you consider telling her to get paid upfront because of the Trump campaign's past ill-treatment of young performers to be a threat.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 07:11:18 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2016, 07:15:15 PM by shua »

What are you, his lawyer?

Sometimes I get tired of people repeating lies that snowball into hysteria, suspicion, fear, panic, division, etc.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies