Cory Booker-why is everyone so down? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:35:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Cory Booker-why is everyone so down? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cory Booker-why is everyone so down?  (Read 1075 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 16, 2016, 10:45:38 AM »

In honor of the Castro thread I decided to dedicate one to the other guy who on paper looks good for 2020 but is a punching bag which is Cory Booker.

Why are people so down on Booker? He is a likeable, charismatic, well-spoken man that cares about the less fortunate. On paper he should be a great challenger to Trump in 2020 but some libs here are saying he will lose in a Mondale type landslide.

So why are people so down on his chances?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 02:18:11 PM »

Corporatist tool.

From Democratic Party inside perspective—Cory Booker looks like good packaging.

Outside that bubble, and in the nation’s political landscape, Booker is shallow and is not a suitable fit for where the people who would normally vote for the party are heading.

If the Ds will not unseat Donald Trump, in 2020, and they want to lose, well then Cory could be of use.
You guys keep saying how hated Booker is outside "the dem insider bubble" but I have yet to see physical evidence like polling that backs that up
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 05:21:26 PM »

Corporatist tool.

From Democratic Party inside perspective—Cory Booker looks like good packaging.

Outside that bubble, and in the nation’s political landscape, Booker is shallow and is not a suitable fit for where the people who would normally vote for the party are heading.

If the Ds will not unseat Donald Trump, in 2020, and they want to lose, well then Cory could be of use.
You guys keep saying how hated Booker is outside "the dem insider bubble" but I have yet to see physical evidence like polling that backs that up

I have a feeling turnout from, ya know, loyally progressive Democratic voters - the heart of the party - would drop dramatically if he were at the top of the ticket.  Outside of a few tools on Atlas, most Democratic voters care deeply about economic justice; it's what ties a diverse party together.
He could pick Bernie/Warren/or Fiengold as his VP
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies