Describe a Trump/Cooper voter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:46:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Describe a Trump/Cooper voter
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Trump/Cooper voter  (Read 1399 times)
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2016, 12:51:30 PM »

Who were the people in North Carolina who voted for Donald Trump and Roy Cooper?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 01:00:07 PM »

WWC who have had it with the idiotic moral crusade on the LGBT community while hurting the state's economy, a fair chunk being NBA fans too I would bet.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 01:02:35 PM »

Some proud "deplorable" who literally would've voted for McCrory if basketball hadn't been on the line because of that "bathroom bill".
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 02:21:28 PM »

A basketball fan
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 02:44:20 PM »

This really isn't that hard, guys.  It's unconfirmed, but I think this is very possibly my dad who lives in Charlotte - he was either Trump/Burr/McCrory or Trump/Burr/Cooper.

A generally straight-ticket, solid Republican businessman who doesn't like Trump but like most solid Rs was falling in line, but thinks that McCrory is just such insane anathema to business and thinks the bathroom bill was moronic that voting for his reelection is finally a bridge too far.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 02:57:36 PM »

People who vote for change for change's sake.
hopper
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 06:19:10 PM »

WWC who have had it with the idiotic moral crusade on the LGBT community while hurting the state's economy, a fair chunk being NBA fans too I would bet.
Didn't the "bathroom bill" cause North Carolina(as a state) to lose College Basketball like the ACC Tournament or being a possible 2017 NCAA Tournament Site in Charlotte or Greensboro?
andrew_c
Canada

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 09:15:48 PM »

Trump supporting Republicans who think McCrory is a scumbag.
hopper
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 09:18:35 PM »

Trump supporting Republicans who think McCrory is a scumbag.
Well as long as you don't mess with their Basketball because Basketball is freakin huge in the state.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 02:54:51 AM »

To offer another possibility, maybe a #NeverHillary Democrat?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 04:57:29 AM »

This is nothing new. A far more extreme case existed in 2008. With a lot of McCain/Perdue voters, but McCrory compensatin with a lot of Obama/McCrory voters in Charlotte leading to that race still being within 3%.

Of course, by 2016, that ship had sailed.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 12:11:58 PM »

Gay white male voter aged 18-30; supported Johnson at first but then Trump (I actually know a Trump/Kander voter in Missouri, who is gay)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 12:43:29 PM »

This is nothing new. A far more extreme case existed in 2008. With a lot of McCain/Perdue voters, but McCrory compensatin with a lot of Obama/McCrory voters in Charlotte leading to that race still being within 3%.

Of course, by 2016, that ship had sailed.

The irony is that some 2012 Obama/McCrory voters fit some of the examples for Trump/Cooper 2016 voters.

In 2008, McCrory was the mayor of the state largest city, and Perdue was from rural eastern NC, so there were a lot of urban/suburban Obama/McCrory voters and rural McCain/Perdue voters.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 12:46:39 PM »

non-religious conservatives who enjoy trump's pragmatical approach on some topics and could live without the culture wars.

and ofc, besides HB2 ( i think the backlash hurt much more than the bill itself), mccrory has this imperial approach.....can't remember the name of the bill but didn't he force down this other....project....a few months before the election, opposed by democrats and republicans?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 01:07:57 PM »

A Duke fan.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 04:10:11 AM »

Oddly I am one who fits this category! Cheesy

My folks were solidly for Trump from the start  but I switched between him and Johnson a lot before election day. Never considered Hillary one time. Liked Johnson but liked Trump as well it was a hard pick.  Found Hillary to be extremely shady and unlikable along with running a bland campaign which wasn't very exciting. Trump ran his mouth too much but he was the change from status quo candidate and was more exciting. I didn't care for his extreme views on stuff (could have explained himself better and more statesmen like on immigration policy for instance,) but I felt he was the right pick. Johnson hurt himself near the end with his silly comments which turned me off. He seemed kinda full of himself too.

In 2012 I voted for Barry because I found him and the Dems more likable; 4 years later neither party were likable. Plus I thought Obama's 2nd term was under-whelming in several areas. Mainly on law and order, morality of the country, and ISIS.  The country's path changed so much in 4 years to the downside so I felt a change was needed; if situation was better morale wise for instance I would have voted Dem again.

Cooper I supported starting in late '13 because even then I was disappointed in McCory. It got worse thru his term. Defiantly would rate my vote for Pat in 2012 a wasted vote after being a fan in 2008.

Me and my folks decided to go against McCory not due to HB2 but rather he and the Republican's slashing of unemployment benefits among other things. My dad never had to file for anything in for 30+ years of working but lost his job August of last year and he only got 3 months of benefits while lazier people got years of benfits. Even the unemployment people in the office cursed about the changes while mentioning to my dad. Shows how hated it is.  Luckily he got a new job last fall but still it sucked he got treated like that in the system. Another thing that didn't help in my book was his McCory's odd tax ideas. Taking away the Tax Free Weekend for schools was stupid; as was taking away the film tax credit it attracted films here for the wealthy's tax cut. Then came HB2 which was the cherry on top.

Me and my folks were proud to go for Cooper and would do it again.

We are a relatively poor family. My folks graduated high school but no college. I'm the first one to graduate from college but I'm in between community and finishing my 4 year degree.  My folks are more Indy's in nature like me they switch all over the place.  Mom grew up Republican but liked Bill Clinton; Dad registered Democrat but is more conservative. Mom voted 50/50 on most of the ballot and so did I.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 04:12:39 AM »

Blue Dog/moderate Democrat type that hated Clinton.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 11:40:53 PM »

I know several teachers who voted Trump but against McCrory because of public education.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2016, 10:33:24 AM »

This really isn't that hard, guys.  It's unconfirmed, but I think this is very possibly my dad who lives in Charlotte - he was either Trump/Burr/McCrory or Trump/Burr/Cooper.

A generally straight-ticket, solid Republican businessman who doesn't like Trump but like most solid Rs was falling in line, but thinks that McCrory is just such insane anathema to business and thinks the bathroom bill was moronic that voting for his reelection is finally a bridge too far.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2016, 10:45:54 AM »

A married man in his 50s, who strongly dislikes/distrusts Hillary, but is not a homophobe. Lives in suburbs or middle-sized towns.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies