Opinion of the New England Patriots
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:37:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of the New England Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the New England Patriots
Freedom Team

Horrible Team

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Opinion of the New England Patriots  (Read 899 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2016, 01:22:04 PM »

What is your opinion of the AFC East team, the New England Patriots, who is arguably one of the most successful sports franchises of the past 20 years, despite the baggage of Deflategate, Spygate, etc?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 01:27:29 PM »

HT, the fifth worse team in the NFL.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 01:35:19 PM »

They should rename themselves the New England Cheaters and change their logo to a colonial soldier with his fingers crossed behind his back.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 08:17:01 AM »

It depends on what one expects from a professional sport.

If one expects a match held with a spirit of fairness, like a bunch of friends (albeit of very high skill) playing a friendly game, then HT.

If one expects a professional organization who is paid to win, and uses every rule to their best advantage, then FT. The fact that sometimes they use rules that go beyond the official interpretation indicates that they are attempting to use every rule to its fullest extent. Some rules, like some laws, aren't clearly spelled out and are open to interpretation. That's why there are referees and judges.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 11:33:58 AM »

As a football fan not from the Northeast, HT.  People that like them and aren't from there are the worst.

why yes, I am a Steelers fan from St Louis, why do you ask?
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 08:18:59 PM »

Obvious HT.

I HATE the Cheatriots with a passion. Hated them ever since their Spygate-aided Super Bowl win over my then-favorite team Rams in 2002, and will do so until the end of time.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 08:30:53 AM »

As a football fan not from the Northeast, HT.  People that like them and aren't from there are the worst.

The Steelers are a respectable choice (as are the Packers though I won't praise myself). Patriot/Cowboy non-local fans tells you a lot.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 09:45:58 AM »

I think they thrive on being hated.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 09:58:56 AM »

The Steelers are a respectable choice (as are the Packers though I won't praise myself). Patriot/Cowboy non-local fans tells you a lot.
I've got a decent defense, my dad isn't a football guy so I didn't grow up with the game, by the time I discovered it the Cardinals had left for browner pastures so I was a free agent.  I like organizations with class and history and hate bandwangoners, the Steelers were good but not great team at the time (late 80s/early 90s).
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 10:10:06 AM »

As a 1a. Bears fan, and even as a 1b. Dolphins fan, I hate the Packers way way way more than the Patriots. The only time I really actively rooted against the Patriots was the first Brady-Manning Super Bowl matchup (because 1972). But otherwise, TB12 is the bomb. FT
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 12:03:21 PM »

I hate all sports teams from the Northeast that ESPN salivates over 24/7 (normal Midwestern sports fan).
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 03:34:12 PM »

Awful and evil (not Midewstern but a fan of a Midwestern team)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 10:30:09 PM »

FT. I'm no fan, but they've been winning consistently since 1996 when they lost the SB to Green Bay (4 SB wins, 2 close losses, and a 16-0 reg. season) when Bill Parcels got them to the SB, then Pete Carroll took over in 1997 and was above average (despite being underrated and thrown under the bus), and then Belichick took it to the next level. No one else's body of work surpasses his in the modern NFL. He has always engineered answers for everything utilizing a variety of personnel, going back to his stint as DC for the NY Giants (SB wins in 1986 and 1990). That has continued to the present. Which is interesting, because he was the HC of the Browns during the middle 1990s and managed to do not much except lose a crucial 1994 playoff game to, of course, the Steelers. But with the NY Giants as DC and with the Pats as HC he's been epic, and he's a lot of that success.

Kraft has hired football people who know football and gotten out of their way. In that respect they are a model franchise.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies