Guess the scenario of this map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:21:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Guess the scenario of this map
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Guess the scenario of this map  (Read 2264 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2016, 11:20:10 AM »

You are limited to from present day to about 2040ish in the future timewise.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 12:21:42 PM »

Hispanics start voting R, as do educated whites, but non-college-educateds swing to the Democrats?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 12:43:01 PM »

Hispanics start voting R, as do educated whites, but non-college-educateds swing to the Democrats?

Look at the percentages. Remember that winning with <50 requires a third party.

Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 02:58:12 PM »

A pre-1965 Democratic Party beats a Western GOP ticket that was not conservative enough for the Goldwaterite third party.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 03:15:30 PM »

In a few decades. Climate change gets more and more grievous, and a Green Party lead by a popular Senator gains popularity, especially in the West Coast. Republicans, meanwhile, no longer oppose immigration and western Hispanics swing to them. White voters in the midwest and New England are still competitive, with Indiana, ME-2 and NH going Republican, but Democrats win them this time due to the previous administration, which once again left WWC voters angry, being Republican. Black voters remain staunchly Democratic, with white southerners swinging to the Democrats, who start opposing immigration, due to the Republicans embracing immigration.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 03:44:07 PM »

A pre-1965 Democratic Party beats a Western GOP ticket that was not conservative enough for the Goldwaterite third party.
In a few decades. Climate change gets more and more grievous, and a Green Party lead by a popular Senator gains popularity, especially in the West Coast. Republicans, meanwhile, no longer oppose immigration and western Hispanics swing to them. White voters in the midwest and New England are still competitive, with Indiana, ME-2 and NH going Republican, but Democrats win them this time due to the previous administration, which once again left WWC voters angry, being Republican. Black voters remain staunchly Democratic, with white southerners swinging to the Democrats, who start opposing immigration, due to the Republicans embracing immigration.

No, third parties being involved is on the right track, but this is a specific election scenario. Remember that the nominees don't have to be generic D or generic R.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 06:22:23 PM »

The Democrat is somewhere between Joe Manchin and Bernie Sanders style populism.

A somewhat unpopular Republican is in the white house, and has overseen both a boom in the conservative suburbs and the climax of the collapse of rural areas in the south, while the western rural areas are staying afloat. Urban areas have done well, but are culturally maligned from the Republicans.

The Republican nominee is a pro-immigrant socially moderate Latino and is far-right economically.

Latte Liberals, New England moderates, and Clintonite suburbians walk out of the Democratic party behind a socially liberal and fiscally slightly right of center D senator from California, and throw California, New Hampshire, ME-01, and Indiana(The third party candidate carries Indianapolis narrowly) to the GOP.

omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 06:23:54 PM »

The Democrat is somewhere between Joe Manchin and Bernie Sanders style populism.

A somewhat unpopular Republican is in the white house, and has overseen both a boom in the conservative suburbs and the climax of the collapse of rural areas in the south, while the western rural areas are staying afloat. Urban areas have done well, but are culturally maligned from the Republicans.

The Republican nominee is a pro-immigrant socially moderate Latino and is far-right economically.

Latte Liberals, New England moderates, and Clintonite suburbians walk out of the Democratic party behind a socially liberal and fiscally slightly right of center D senator from California, and throw California, New Hampshire, ME-01, and Indiana(The third party candidate carries Indianapolis narrowly) to the GOP.

No, but getting a little warmer.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 06:28:23 PM »

This is a single-issue guess for the sake of getting warmer. I assume that both the Democrats and the Republicans are pro-gun on some level while the third party is the most pro-gun control of the major tickets this election?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 06:44:04 PM »

This is a single-issue guess for the sake of getting warmer. I assume that both the Democrats and the Republicans are pro-gun on some level while the third party is the most pro-gun control of the major tickets this election?

Seems pretty correct.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 09:23:25 PM »

A guess on the dem: they're a southern governor.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 09:35:51 PM »

A guess on the dem: they're a southern governor.

Probably.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 09:39:53 PM »

I'm going to guess Kentucky is the state they're from.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 09:41:46 PM »

I didn't get down to individual states(honestly I should have) but that, Tennessee, or Arkansas would be good bets.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 09:42:32 PM »

I didn't get down to individual states(honestly I should have) but that, Tennessee, or Arkansas would be good bets.

Is the Democrat Happy Chandler or a Happy Chandler expy?
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 09:43:02 PM »

Two guesses: The Independent was from California and got 2nd place there.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 09:54:08 PM »

Is the Democrat Happy Chandler or a Happy Chandler expy?

Not sure who that guy is.

Two guesses: The Independent was from California and got 2nd place there.

Not necessarily to both, but the Independent definitely at least got close to 2nd .
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 09:57:25 PM »

Notice the many >40% western states.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 10:10:40 PM »

A geographic guess: Compared to now the margin in the BosWash corridor for the Dem is underwhelming, or even only lean D
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 10:14:46 PM »

A geographic guess: Compared to now the margin in the BosWash corridor for the Dem is underwhelming, or even only lean D

In certain parts the typical margin has declined (eg CT NJ), but not in others. California's GOP plurality is not an isolated incident.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 10:22:10 PM »

There is massive drought in the west. The Republican nominee supports taking most of the water from the Mississippi, Great Lakes, and Columbia Rivers and diverting it to the drought areas. States that are losing water have a massive backlash.

The Democratic nominee is half white and half black from the south, and manages to win both southern whites and southern blacks.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 10:23:58 PM »

There is massive drought in the west. The Republican nominee supports taking most of the water from the Mississippi, Great Lakes, and Columbia Rivers and diverting it to the drought areas. States that are losing water have a massive backlash.

The Democratic nominee is half white and half black from the south, and manages to win both southern whites and southern blacks.

No.

Notice that the Republican got >40% in TX, NM, AZ, etc. and did not win a majority in those states.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 10:26:15 PM »

More geographic guessing: The independent was strongest in inner-ring suburbs and weakest in small towns.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 10:30:08 PM »

More geographic guessing: The independent was strongest in inner-ring suburbs and weakest in small towns.

The independent did best in liberal urban cores and normally democratic suburbs. They did horribly in small towns and rural areas.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2016, 11:47:21 PM »

No.

Notice that the Republican got >40% in TX, NM, AZ, etc. and did not win a majority in those states.

Are those three states normally more Democratic but enough liberals left the Democratic coalition to abnormally flip those states?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies