Good News: MTV came up with some New Year's Resolutions for white men (video)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:38:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Good News: MTV came up with some New Year's Resolutions for white men (video)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Good News: MTV came up with some New Year's Resolutions for white men (video)  (Read 2623 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 07:31:50 PM »

Ah, yes. Democrats need to become bigots in order to win elections.
No.  Just not be extremely smug, condescending, and most of all: PATRONIZING
It's hard for northeastern white middle class liberals not to be like that. The only language they speak is snark.

It's hard for liberals to care about appeasing people who go around saying "the stupid liberal cult needs to be shot/jailed/have their rights taken away".
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 07:52:18 PM »

It's hard for northeastern white middle class liberals not to be like that. The only language they speak is snark.

It's hard for liberals to care about appeasing people who go around saying "the stupid liberal cult needs to be shot/jailed/have their rights taken away".
And when have I ever said that lol?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 07:55:02 PM »

Didn't say YOU said that, but that's the general dross over and over all across the internet that keeps getting said.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 07:56:59 PM »

Didn't say YOU said that, but that's the general dross over and over all across the internet that keeps getting said.
Ok. How is that different than "Obama pls drone?"
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 07:58:41 PM »

Ok. How is that different than "Obama pls drone?"

Well the "Obama pls drone?" wasn't actually serious. Trust me when I say that the comments here locally like that would get off hard on if that happened in Milwaukee. These people really want the city/liberals that live there to be destroyed.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 08:02:55 PM »

MTV contributed to the decline of substance to the decline of music by favouring style over substance.

And why do they have a "MTV News", I thought it was "Music Television"?

Channel drift
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 08:15:23 PM »

What you need to understand is that this thread isn't actually about an MTV video. What's going on is that online bigots have been looking for an way to get rid of all discussion of social justice for years, so they're trying to hoodwink Democrats into thinking that social justice issues are why they lost this election, when there's no evidence to support that, as an effort to get Democrats to stop caring about minorities.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 08:16:06 PM »

Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeee come up with a video that doesn't condescendingly demonize white males as a whole. Or, better yet don't post anything at all MTV.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2016, 08:29:26 PM by JerryArkansas »

Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeee come up with a video that doesn't condescendingly demonize white males as a whole. Or, better yet don't post anything at all MTV.
Who really gives a sh**t about this video.

What I find sad has people really wanted two pages of this and nothing over campus rape, or other important topics.  It has to be two pages of bitching over stupid sh**t like this.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 08:28:35 PM »

Who really gives a sh**t about this video.  I mean really two pages of this and nothing over campus rape, or other important topics.  It has to be two pages over bitching over this.

Clearly the entire population of Michigan watched this video and decided they would never vote for any Democrat ever again.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2016, 09:03:04 PM »

What I find sad has people really wanted two pages of this and nothing over campus rape, or other important topics.  It has to be two pages of bitching over stupid sh**t like this.

I was posting in response to the thread topic (which was about the video), not to any particular posts in this thread. I'm just saying there's nothing useful that can come as a result of such a message except furthered divides. The Alt Right couldn't have made better recruitment propaganda if they tried.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2016, 09:31:52 PM »

Political correctness is ok for some, but not others. Had this been a video about New Year's Resolutions for blacks, the response here would have been totally different.

This is still a free country, so people are going to state opinions that will not be liked by Trump or his supporters. With control comes criticism.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2016, 10:16:46 PM »

I was posting in response to the thread topic (which was about the video), not to any particular posts in this thread. I'm just saying there's nothing useful that can come as a result of such a message except furthered divides. The Alt Right couldn't have made better recruitment propaganda if they tried.
It wasn't directed at you, just the stupid nature of the thread.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2016, 06:39:16 AM »

MTV contributed to the decline of substance to the decline of music by favouring style over substance.

And why do they have a "MTV News", I thought it was "Music Television"?

Channel drift

Sort of like how the History Channel has almost no real history these days.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2016, 08:45:49 AM »

Don't even start on The Learning Channel.  It actually had educational sh**t on it at one point.  But that doesn't sell like Polygamy.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 12:06:09 PM »

What you need to understand is that this thread isn't actually about an MTV video. What's going on is that online bigots have been looking for an way to get rid of all discussion of social justice for years, so they're trying to hoodwink Democrats into thinking that social justice issues are why they lost this election, when there's no evidence to support that, as an effort to get Democrats to stop caring about minorities.

There's a difference between promoting social justice, and being a "social justice warrior" IMO.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2016, 12:29:32 PM »

There's a difference between promoting social justice, and being a "social justice warrior" IMO.

Maybe, but people in this theead are attacking social justice entirely.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2016, 02:42:29 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2016, 02:46:14 PM by Spicy Purrito »

This is just another "Deplorables" video that doesn't tell us anything new. It is just telling us all to be good liberals because of all the bad things that have happened. All it is causing more rednecks in cowboy hats, sunglasses, beards, and beer bellies come out of the woods and talk about how college kids need to give up fighting the natutal order of things, jump in a ditch, pick up a shovel, and be happy....or got to jail.

At this point, it was like when Republicans were telling people Obama was going to take their money away when no one had money.

We really need to start saying what we are for, rather than what or who we are against.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2016, 02:49:23 PM »

I keep sliding further to the right the more I witness this kind of BS.

I wonder if they understand what kind of a reaction they're engendering here.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2016, 02:50:33 PM »

This is just another "Deplorables" video that doesn't tell us anything new. It is just telling us all to be good liberals because of all the bad things that have happened. All it is causing is fot more rednecks in cowboy hats, sunglasses, beards, and beer bellies come out of the woods and talk about how college kids need to give up fighting the natutal order of things, jump in a ditch, pick up a shovel, make babies, and be happy....or got to jail.

At this point, it was like when Republicans were telling people Obama was going to take their money away when no one had money.

We really need to start saying what we are for, rather than what or who we are against.

You, uh, don't need to quote yourself.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2016, 04:45:30 PM »

I keep sliding further to the right the more I witness this kind of BS.

I wonder if they understand what kind of a reaction they're engendering here.

The folks at MTV may be smart, but they are not very wise.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies