SB 2016-050 - Come Out Of The Shadows Act (Back to House) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:15:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2016-050 - Come Out Of The Shadows Act (Back to House) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2016-050 - Come Out Of The Shadows Act (Back to House)  (Read 2993 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« on: January 03, 2017, 07:18:34 AM »

Are the crickets hopping around on tumbleweeds a sign that people want to vote on this?

I mean, it looks good to me
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 07:29:29 AM »

Come on, there are a lot of smart people in this Senate. The math couldn't be that complex. Tongue

OTOH, you have smart people. OTOH, you have me.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 06:52:26 AM »

I'm still not really sure, but I'll propose this amendment to keep thing moving along.

Section 5: Addressing Root Causes of Illegal Immigration
1. Countries that account for at least 5% of unauthorized migration at the time of introduction of this bill to Atlasia shall be designated as priority recipients for foreign development assistance for the years of 2017-2021, with their status to be reevaluated by the Secretary of State after that time.
2. An additional 100,000 visas shall be created annually for immigrants from the above countries.
3. A "highest bidder" system will be set up so that whichever employer is willing to pay more for each individual visa will be given them. 50,000 will be given for "high-skilled" workers, and the other 50,000 for lower-skilled workers. This will bring in over $1 billion in new revenue.
4. At the discretion of the Secretary of the Interior, the above visas may be reduced by 10% for each 1% that quarterly GDP growth is below 3%.
4.5. Individuals awarded the above "high-skilled" work visas will be admitted to Atlasia as conditional residents and may petition for permanent resident status after their 3-year visa is up.  Likewise, for "low-skilled" workers, they may apply for permanent resident status after their 1-year visa is up.
5.6. An employer is allowed to refuse to renew an employee's work visa (if they do refuse, the employee must be notified at least 6 months before the visa expires), at which point, the employee (and their family) is able to apply for permanent resident status.

That looks much better
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:36:37 PM »

What about unemployment rates rather than GDP growth? That seems like it would be more directly related to the numbers of visas that should be issued.

Yeah, I think unemployment rates makes more sense since it shows how many jobs need to be filled. That's more related since, of course, the reason we're giving out these visas is to fill jobs. If we have a strong economy, it can be since more jobs are occupied, and we need less workers, but we'd still have a high GDP.

Then again, GDP will show whether we can afford to have more people living in our country. I'm still inclined to agree with PiT
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 10:04:24 AM »

Aye
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 09:00:04 AM »

Yeah ftr in October LLR took my Senate seat the Monday after election weekend

Then again, I didn't even make it to the next Monday, so maybe I'm a bad example Tongue
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 04:35:08 PM »

I know open a 48-hour final vote on this bill!

It's been 48 now, my man
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies