Atlas Forum Primaries 2016, Part 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:40:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Forum Primaries 2016, Part 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: Atlas Forum Primaries 2016, Part 2  (Read 24708 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 09:33:01 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 09:40:29 PM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2016, 09:57:57 PM »

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2016, 10:00:33 PM »

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2016, 10:27:48 PM »

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2016, 10:49:23 PM »

Republicans fight; Democrats get things done. Rep. Rockowitz is a fresh new face who can get things done in Washington. #RockForThePeople #LongLiveRock #IWannaRockAndRollAllNight
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2016, 11:10:00 PM »

@Bobby Jones

Sad day to see a fellow democrat to head over heals for a republican who supports entitlement reform, what is that? Savage cuts to welfare, savage cuts to pensions, savage cuts to the poor. Sad Sad, Sad!

Sad to see senator Korner, betray his roots, and calls someone who advocates for the rich? Do the rich need tax cuts, while the rest of us lay idle by? Let us shout to the economic establishment and the Washington establishment, Senator Kroner and Senator Runmel and their attacks on the working class, their snickering and laughter of Washington elitism.

Power to the People!

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2016, 11:16:57 PM »

@ Bobby Jones

Now don't know why govnur O'Houlihan, joined the republican, as a proud union man, and representative of the working man. Don't get me wrong, he's a good lad, great guy, but to join the republicans, the party of RTW, the party of cuts to the poor! Sad! He should be against the republican establishment, and their contury clubs not engaging in them! I fully welcome him to join the democrats, where every good laboring man, where're every good union man should be.

Sad, Sad' no-ones looking out for the interests of the workers, but I'll make that my first goddamn priority.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2016, 12:04:37 AM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2016, 12:12:23 AM »

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2016, 01:10:43 AM »

@Bobby Jones

Sad day to see a fellow democrat to head over heals for a republican who supports entitlement reform, what is that? Savage cuts to welfare, savage cuts to pensions, savage cuts to the poor. Sad Sad, Sad!

Sad to see senator Korner, betray his roots, and calls someone who advocates for the rich? Do the rich need tax cuts, while the rest of us lay idle by? Let us shout to the economic establishment and the Washington establishment, Senator Kroner and Senator Runmel and their attacks on the working class, their snickering and laughter of Washington elitism.

Power to the People!

I believe in working with the other side where possible. Laura is a libertarian, and we have common ground on social issues. We both want marijuana decriminalized. We both want women to have full reproductive rights. We both want a foreign policy that prioritizes diplomacy over force. We both want reduced funding for the military. It just makes sense to co-operate there.

I in turn respond to this by saying on economic issues, we're polar opposites. I plan to reinstate Glass-Steagall. I oppose so-called "free trade" agreements. I plan to introduce a carbon tax. I plan to increase funding for the VA and the EPA. I plan to break up the major banks. I plan to introduce a universal healthcare system and provide debt-free education at all public schools and universities. I plan to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour. I plan to do a massive infrastructure build which will solve our unemployment issues and give the unions their rights back. I plan to end the tax cuts for the rich and start making them pay their fair share of taxes. Need I remind you I managed to overhaul Wisconsin's flailing infrastructure, raise the state minimum wage, and cut down on student loans in the state while I was Governor

Co-operating where it makes sense is just logical.

I am also amused that I am called "baby Brandon", yet I was serving as a Governor while Governor O'Houlihan was a State Senator.

As for Senator Jones' attacks on me, I ask where do you stand on abortion? Where do you stand on guns? Where do you stand on gay rights? Where do you stand on separation of Church and state? Are you a progressive Senator? Or are you merely a conservative with economic populism mixed in?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2016, 02:56:44 AM »

My endorsement goes to Jefferson Galloway

I see little but bickering going on, but the next President needs to rise above such things and seek out solutions that help out everyday, paycheck-to-paycheck working person. Only Governor Galloway has consistently done such things. Also, it should be noted that in our bogged down, uh, swamp called Washington, Galloway would be a fresh face to change things from the outside. Did he not change the path 'ol Jackson was going when he became Governor? Does he not have a standing record for civil rights?

There couldn't be a better new face to sit in that one  white buildin' on Pennsylvania Ave, but Galloway!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2016, 03:43:11 AM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2016, 04:22:28 AM »

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2016, 04:56:47 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: LAURA RUMMEL DEAD, COMMITTED SUICIDE AFTER ATTACKS BY O'HOULIHAN

jk but Laura is out
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2016, 05:14:13 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: LAURA RUMMEL DEAD, COMMITTED SUICIDE AFTER ATTACKS BY O'HOULIHAN

jk but Laura is out

If she's dead:

If not:

ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2016, 06:47:11 AM »

(I love this generator)

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2016, 08:28:02 AM »

If you have something to say, please wait until turns start.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2016, 04:14:41 PM »

Hi. After talking to Mike, I've decided to stay in the game. I feel that I should explain myself a bit -- I realized that I didn't really want to participate in a game where 90% of the activity was just angry Twitter wars between the candidates, but Mike has assured me that this won't be the case once turns start, and that he'll clarify how that's going to work in the formal rules. I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you guys, and thanks for being accommodating of my poor decision-making.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2016, 06:09:55 PM »

Hi. After talking to Mike, I've decided to stay in the game. I feel that I should explain myself a bit -- I realized that I didn't really want to participate in a game where 90% of the activity was just angry Twitter wars between the candidates, but Mike has assured me that this won't be the case once turns start, and that he'll clarify how that's going to work in the formal rules. I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you guys, and thanks for being accommodating of my poor decision-making.

It's all good, just some twitter fun while we wait for game to begin.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2016, 08:35:52 PM »

Oh, I sincerely apologize, I was just doing it in all good fun. I am really glad you're back in, though!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2016, 08:45:26 PM »

Oh, I sincerely apologize, I was just doing it in all good fun. I am really glad you're back in, though!

It's all good, and I was having fun too -- just wouldn't want to do that every day for the duration of the game. Tongue
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2016, 09:02:26 PM »

(on a more serious note, welcome back to the game, Ted!)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2016, 06:37:03 PM »

Endorsements are now more than allowed, they are encouraged. I will distribute points, start the first turn, and post the rules tomorrow.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2016, 08:30:14 AM »

I'll be starting the game once we get a few more endorsements.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies