Atlas Forum Primaries 2016, Part 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:47:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Forum Primaries 2016, Part 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Atlas Forum Primaries 2016, Part 2  (Read 24780 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2017, 08:09:37 PM »

Opening Statement: My friends, America has been betrayed. The Leip Administration and their cronies in Congress have relentlessly opposed the cause of liberty at home and around the globe, taking every step to crush our economic liberty, invade our privacy, and shred the Constitution for their own selfish purposes. However, the people have other ideas, and that’s why instead of a radical liberal Democrat we are going to elect someone on this stage tonight the next President of the United States! It’s a privilege to even be considered by you guys, and I’m having fun already.

1. There is a difference between compromising in order to have something instead of nothing and compromising away your principles. I will not allow our conservative values to be lost in the face of pressure to put forth some kind of "moderate hero" image for the sake of getting votes, I haven't during my time in Congress, and I will not as President.

However, bipartisanship is essential in Washington if you want to get anything done. The Founding Fathers intentionally made it hard to get legislation, political appointments, and all kinds of other things done -- just so politicians would be forced to work across the aisle to get their agenda through. As President, I'll work with Democrats and Republicans alike to pass a conservative agenda. For example, Senators Rand Paul and Cory Booker teamed up recently to try and reform our country's criminal justice system. That's an area where I would hope to work with Democrats to find a solution.

2. Back when I did work for the Cato Institute, I went with a team of our guys to take a look at Walter Reed for study, for a week. We walked in during this nasty rainstorm, and it was the most horrific thing I'd ever seen. There were rats just scurrying around without a care, patients in horrible pain everywhere… it was unconscionable. And the employees were just smiling at us, talking like everything was fine, as we’re strolling past dozens of these veterans just moaning in pain. As President, I will eliminate the bureaucracy, red tape, and just the sheer dumbassery that leads to this systemic neglect, and I will ensure that no veteran ever has to experience anything so horrific again.

3. When we talk about things like this, I think about the police department of Camden, New Jersey. Camden is a city that has had severe issues with poverty and crime. However, they recently started doing things a bit differently than most police departments. Police officers are on the streets, talking to people, getting to know the locals, and building relationships with the community instead of being a nameless, faceless, unfeeling entity hidden behind the window of a police car. I want to see more PDs around the country follow this model, and I think it would help solve the problem.

4. The idea that there is a 99% scientific consensus that climate change is man-made is a myth. The actual number is functionally impossible to gauge accurately, and anyone who says otherwise has a serious agenda. I believe that any environmental legislation must have the utmost respect for property rights and take into account that many economies are heavily dependent on fossil fuels, and I believe that what the liberals have proposed lately completely ignores both.

However, in order to make America a cleaner and more pleasant place by reducing pollution, I would support limited tax breaks for clean energy companies in order to incentivize further innovation.

5. I oppose the deal with Iran, along with a majority of members of the United States Congress, including many Democrats. It delays Iran's nuclear capabilities, essentially ensuring that Iran will have nuclear capabilities in the near future -- and the economic benefits they will receive are incredibly disproportionate to what they have promised to do. Perhaps most importantly, it is a threat to the very existence of our allies in the Middle East -- if Iran is allowed this pathway to a nuclear weapon, Israel, and really anyone who stands in Iran’s way, may soon be no more than radioactive dust drifting over the desert. As President, I will shred the deal on day one, and use all channels possible to ensure that Iran never gets their hands on nuclear arms.

6. I consider Ron Paul a personal friend, and he has been very helpful throughout my career. Like him, I support removing the United States from unnecessary and harmful foreign entanglements. Like him, I support expanding civil liberties to all Americans and freeing them from the spectre of Orwellian government surveillance. And like him, I support removing the stranglehold of regulation and taxation that the Government has placed on the economy. So yeah, while I think I place a higher value on compromise with my colleagues than he did, I guess I'm like Ron Paul in some ways.

I will also note that Ron Paul was a shining example of how one can spend time in Washington without being co-opted by its establishment, as some folks here have charged me with.

Closing Statement: It really is great to be up here with everyone, and I hope all you at home have learned a little more about what I'm going to do as President to make your lives better. When you cast your votes in the caucuses, remember that I am the candidate of economic liberty, individual liberty, and civil liberty, and that I have the record to prove it. Thank you, God bless, and goodnight.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2017, 08:34:51 PM »

They say don't vote for me--I'm old. But why would you vote for a young candidate? They haven't seen as much as me, and most of them are more worried about their future careers as lobbyists than helping the country now. They say don't vote for me--I'm crazy. But "crazy" is the term used by the establishment when their power gets threatened by truth. They say don't vote for me--I can't win...

...but polls out of New Hampshire say otherwise Wink

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Some Democrats agree with my positions on these globalist trade deals, or on taxes for the 1%, or on universal healthcare, or on expanding our infrastructure. And I will work with them on that. But I assure you I won't compromise family values for the sake of the homosexual agenda, the integrity of our culture for the sake of the globalist agenda, nor will I be afraid to point out the truths that the liberal media so often ignores, such as the fact that Dave Leip is a radical Muslim.

We have a moral obligation to care for everyone in this country, but especially our veterans. I will ensure that they are taken care of.

These things have happened because we have abandoned the family, and let the poor suffer for the sake of the wealthy elite. Our communities are suffering, and the only way we can fix it is to bring our society back to God.

Science also says we evolved from monkeys! Sorry, but science is wrong--sometimes--and this is another one of those times.

The Iran deal is terrible, and I will tear it up on day one of my Presidency. We're giving up on Israel, and that is something we can't stand by.

This is just revealing what has happened to the Church. They have sadly been hijacked by the liberal elite, just as our government has. I have prayed about this, and I am starting the Real Catholic Church. If any other conservative Catholics want to join me, they can. I have

This is the greatest country ever. But it has been hurt so badly by the globalist elite. It has been hurt so much, but we need politicians willing to fix it. Politicians who care about families, care about the workers, and most crucially, care about God. Thank you.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2017, 08:59:21 PM »

Sorry I haven't posted an update, my computer stopped working. This post is from my phone, but I should be able to get the stuff up sometime tomorrow.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2017, 09:26:10 PM »

Sorry I haven't posted an update, my computer stopped working. This post is from my phone, but I should be able to get the stuff up sometime tomorrow.

Luckily, saying "O'Houlihan Won Both Primaries" doesn't take a computer. You can just type that up now... Wink
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2017, 01:14:46 AM »

If I can, I, Senator Alice Scarlet(D-AZ) endorse Peebs.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2017, 01:25:19 AM »

If I can, I, Senator Alice Scarlet(D-AZ) endorse Peebs.
I think you still can. Thanks for the endorsement!
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2017, 02:20:35 AM »

Tfw no one wants to endorse you ;_;

Eventually I'll be well known enough haha.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2017, 02:51:36 AM »

Senator Korner releases endorsement

I am proud to endorse Governor Tsukimi Harmon for President. She brings the right ideas to the race, and her progressive values are hard to argue against.  Her message of positivity, equality and inclusiveness are all cornerstones of a successful President.

Again, I am proud to endorse the Governor, and offer her my utmost support.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2017, 06:34:30 PM »

Endorsements

Laura Rummel: Chuck Grassley

Now it's time to allocate tokens. Tokens will be allocated based on poll numbers, fundraising, new delegates, and new endorsement points. You get more tokens every turn.

Samuel O’Houlihan - 129 new tokens, total 129
James Wilkinson - 70 new tokens, total 70
Laura Rummel - 92 new tokens, total 124
Harry Auldman - 54 new tokens, total 194
Nick Walsh - 21 new tokens, total 81

Emily Peebleton - 162 new tokens, total 262
Tsumiki Harmon - 108 new tokens, total 136
Susan Park - 80 new tokens, total 92
Bobby Jones - 84 new tokens, total 443

Antonio Jasso - 30 new tokens, total 100

I removed Daniel Conway from the race due to his lack of response to the scandal.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2017, 06:55:13 PM »

POLLS

New Hampshire Republican Primary
Samuel O'Houlihan 27%
James Wilkinson 21%
Laura Rummel 20%
Harry Auldman 13%
Nick Walsh 1%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary
Emily Peebleton 31%
Bobby Jones 25%
Susan Park 22%
Tsumiki Harmon 12%

Nevada Republican Caucus
Laura Rummel 27%
Samuel O'Houlihan 24%
James Wilkinson 16%
Harry Auldman 16%
Nick Walsh 5%

Nevada Democratic Caucus
Bobby Jones 26%
Emily Peebleton 22%
Tsumiki Harmon 22%
Susan Park 21%

South Carolina Republican Primary
Samuel O'Houlihan 22%
Laura Rummel 22%
Harry Auldman 21%
James Wilkinson 11%
Nick Walsh 8%

South Carolina Democratic Primary
Bobby Jones 32%
Emily Peebleton 30%
Tsumiki Harmon 23%
Susan Park 18%
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2017, 07:29:38 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2017, 07:39:49 PM by Left »

Real life news events:

Power outages affect 70,000 in California.
Mass shooting in Orlando nightclub kills two and injures ten.
North Korea launches a long range rocket into space.

IOWA RESULTS

The candidates watched the results with different reactions. Emily Peebleton's watch party was celebratory and grew even louder as the night went on. By the time she got around to her victory speech, the fears that had plagued the crowd just hours earlier were silenced. Meanwhile, across town, Bobby Jones watched himself beat the polls. . . by two percent. In a stunning upset, his two-point lead transformed into third place, behind Susan Park. "We saw the early returns and knew something wasn't right," said campaign spokesman Joseph Burton. The campaign remains optimistic, pointing to strong poll performances in other states and better campaigning in the future.

On the Republican side, the debate was the single largest factor to affect the caucus results. Mot pundits and voters agreed that Wilkinson with his sharp and memorable one-liners and O'Houlihan with his usual strong presence did well, but Rummel was the star of the stage. It may have had something to do with her podium being situated in the center. Most others agreed that Harry Auldman did a terrible disservice to himself by falling asleep halfway through the debate while Nick Walsh was speaking.

After Iowa, Korner and Scarlet endorsed their candidates (the endorsements will only affect voters starting in NH). And now for the exact numbers:

Democrats
Emily Peebleton 43,992   31.3%   18 delegates
Susan Park 41,461   29.5%   16 delegates
Bobby Jones 34,294   24.4%   10 delegates
Tsumiki Harmon 20,520   14.6%   0 delegates

Republicans
Laura Rummel 73,090   39.1%   12 delegates
Samuel Fogle O’Houlihan 59,444   31.8%   9 delegates
Father James N. Wilkinson 26,731   14.3%   4 delegates
Harry Auldman 22,432   12.0%   4 delegates
Nick Walsh 5,047   2.7%   1 delegate

However, the biggest story out of Iowa was the one that the New York Times reported on the front page. In the days before Iowa, many of the Democratic Party officials chosen to run the caucus had received odd phone calls asking them to inflate a certain candidate's vote total (the call never mentioned which one) for money. Both the Democratic National Committee and FEC had gotten wind of it and were carrying investigations into it, but had gotten no leads. The New York Times got wind of it on the day of the caucus and decided to visit five caucus locations in Des Moines. They recorded the total votes each candidate received at that location and sent their independent numbers to the DNC. The DNC gave them back a statement that there was a discrepancy between the reported delegate totals and the delegate totals that those locations should have had. They did not specify who this benefited or hurt, only that a full report is coming soon.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2017, 08:12:45 PM »

Full schedule of primaries/caucuses:

Turn 4
New Hampshire
Turn 5
Nevada and South Carolina
Turn 6
Turn 7
Super Tuesday
Turn 8
Kansas, Kentucky (R), Louisiana, Nebraska (D), Maine, Puerto Rico
Turn 9
Turn 10
Michigan, Mississippi, Hawaii (R), Idaho (R)
Turn 11
Virgin Islands (R), Northern Marianas (D), DC (R), Wyoming (R), Guam (R)
Turn 12
Turn 13
Florida, Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Northern Marianas (R)
Turn 14
Democrats Abroad
Turn 15
Arizona, Idaho (D), Utah, American Samoa (R)
Turn 16
Washington (D), Alaska (D), Hawaii (D)
Turn 17
Turn 18
Wisconsin
Turn 19
Wyoming (D), Colorado (R), North Dakota (R)
Turn 20
Turn 21
New York
Turn 22
Turn 23
Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island
Turn 24
Indiana
Turn 25
Guam (D), West Virginia, Nebraska (R)
Turn 26
Kentucky (D), Oregon
Turn 27
Washington (R)
Turn 28
Virgin Islands (D), Puerto Rico (D)
Turn 29
Turn 30
California, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota (D), South Dakota, DC (D)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2017, 09:25:30 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2017, 10:00:30 PM »

I endorse Laura Rummel.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2017, 11:44:38 PM »

Turn 4

Though Last place in Iowa, Harmon presses on

Speech in Florida : 8 Tokens

Two Barnstorming sessions in South Carolina : 26 tokens

Speech in Nevada : 3 Tokens

Barnstorming in Nevada : 12 Tokens

Speech in New Hampshire : 2 Tokens

Tweet : 1 Token

Total Tokens spent: 52

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2017, 11:58:04 PM »

I will also endorse Laura Rummel.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2017, 07:11:16 PM »

Visit New Hampshire
Barnstorm in New Hampshire (2x)
Visit Nevada
Barnstorm in Nevada

34 tokens
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2017, 09:14:23 PM »

Turn 4
One turn until New Hampshire
Two turns until South Carolina and Nevada
Four turns until Super Tuesday
Balance before turn - 262 Tokens
10 Tokens - Fundraising (x2)
30 Tokens - Barnstorm in New Hampshire (x3)
20 Tokens - Barnstorm in Nevada (x2)
30 Tokens - Barnstorm in South Carolina (x3)
3 Token - Campaigning in New Hampshire (x3)
6 Tokens - Campaigning in Nevada (x3)
12 Tokens - Campaigning in South Carolina (x4)
1 Token - Angry Tweet

Total - 112 Tokens
Balance going into Turn 4 - 150 Tokens
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2017, 12:42:42 AM »

"Father" James N. Wilkinson

Barnstorm in NH * 6

Ads (total of 8 tokens)

- "Hi, I'm Father Wilkinson and this is a public service announcement. I recently heard anonymous rumors started that Samuel O'Houlihan raped and killed a girl in 1990. These are terrible accusations, and definitely not true. I just wanted to tell everyone that, thank you."

- Narrator: "Samuel O'Houlihan says he's on your side. Yet look at what he's doing: Michigan is suffering, and yet he's off campaigning. When you hear O'Houlihan promise to be on the side of the people, you can only say...'O'really?'" "I'm Father Wilkinson and I approve this message."

- "[rap]From the north to the south to the west to the east/back on the mic, it's your favorite Priest/Washington has gone insane/it's time that we kneeled down and prayed/for a better country for me and you/to our values we will stay true/if you're white or if you're black/vote for me we'll take our country back![/rap] I'm Father Wilkinson and I approve this message."
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2017, 09:08:10 AM »
« Edited: January 13, 2017, 11:21:21 PM by Intell »

Fundraising 5 Tokens

3x Barnstorming in NH + Speech (31 Tokens)

"The Situtation in Iowa, perfectly details the corruption of the Washington establishment, trying to silence the people's voice, say no to this failed status-quo, of neo-liberalism, free trade and offshoring of american jobs.

Barnstorming in SC + Speech (11 Tokens)

" Now, with everyone in New Hampshire, I decided to come down to south to South Carolina, a state which like so many others, with it's closing down of steel and cotton mills, of good working class jobs, as part of the failed ideas of big business to exploit workers both in America and Mexico, I shall be a president that first and foremost looks out for the American Worker!

Positive Ad (4 Tokens)* Double Strength in NH, SC

" We say no more, we the people, we the american worker, no to free trade, yes to american jobs, no to neoliberalism, yes to taking the fight to big business, no to $ 7.25 minimum wage jobs, yes to good industrial jobs that have been lost, due to the failed democratic and republican consensus.

Negative Ad (6 Tokens)* Double Strength in NH, SC

" You only have to look at Iowa, to see the blood of corruption implicit in the democratic and republican establishment, forging results, and destroying the will of the american people to vote, to say no to corruption for corporate whores, Senator Peebelton, Senator Harmon, or Senator Park whoever it may be from, vote for good ol' bobby, yes you can call me bobby.

Angry Tweet (1 Token)

"I am very angry, I lead a very angry movement, a very angry movement that's fighting exactly what happened  in Iowa, say no more to the corruption lies and deceit. Send @Pebbelton, @Harmon,@Park Home. Not more to the corporate and Washington elite.

Nation-wide CNN Interview (1 Token)

Highlight the corruption in Washington, why free trade and neoliberalism, have cause the destruction of jobs and the corruption scandal, in Iowa, which highlights the roots of the problems of the Washington establishment.

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2017, 10:34:14 PM »

Debate questions. New Hampshire will be in 24 hours.

Opening Statements

The biggest election headline right now is the story that Iowa may have been rigged. The
Democratic Party has released a statement saying that no information is going to be released about
Iowa until the report is released while they hold a press conference on March 13. What is your
opinion of this news, knowing that one of the people on this stage has tampered with the institution
of democracy?

Many members of the moderate wing of the Democratic Party have decried progressive policy as
unrealistic, unachievable, or too expensive. Are these criticisms correct?

There are more than 4,000 American troops back in Iraq right now as part of the fight against ISIS. It
has been 15 straight years of wars and multiple deployments for America's military families, who
have borne such a disproportionate burden. Is President Leip right to keep escalating the number of
U.S. troops that's fighting ISIS right now?

The water crisis in Flint, Michigan is a major story getting national attention. As you know, they found
water there that was contaminated in lead. Governor O’Houlihan in particular has had his share of
defenders and critics based on his response to the water crisis. A state of emergency was declared
last month. This raises an interesting question about the role of government. If the state is failing,
would you as President order a federal response to get it right over and above the wishes of the
state?

As president, what would you do about the trade agreements of NAFTA and TPP?

(to Peebleton) You recently won Iowa and look to be the favorite in New Hampshire. Do you think
that you could have been even more successful without the rumors surrounding your gender?

(to Harmon) After your last place finish in Iowa, how do plan on moving forward?

(to Park) Our recent poll found that while only an average of 18% of voters thought the other
candidates would rig a caucus, 41% thought that you would rig a caucus. Why do you think this
perception exists?

(to Jones) Many have noticed that despite the fact you have hundreds of tokens, you never use
them when you could be spending a lot more. Why is this?

Closing Statements
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2017, 11:17:59 PM »

My schedule will be here in the next couple of hours.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2017, 11:21:38 PM »

Senator Peebelton, Senator Harmon,
We're both Governors. Tongue
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2017, 06:12:35 PM »

Good evening, my fellow citizens and compatriots. Me and my team come to this stage after a very close second place showing in Iowa, and with momentum behind our backs as we head towards New Hampshire. We beat our polling numbers in Iowa, and I am confident we will do so again in the great state of New Hampshire!

I am profoundly upset that this terrible incident has happened, and I believe that this scandal is bad not only for that particular candidate and our party, but also for the entire institution of our democracy. I look forward to the release of the report by the DNC and the FEC, and I hope that the candidate found rigging the caucus is punished and removed from the race.

At times, I can't help but feel that some of the current and previous candidates in this race support particular policies that are neigh impossible to implement, such as universal healthcare. While I appreciate their passion for such causes, I think it would be impossible to push through such radical reforms at this current time, where even the tempered Leipcare is decried by conservatives and moderates alike as "too radical".

Yes, I believe that ISIS is a global threat should be contained as soon as possible. They are one of our greatest foreign threats, and swift action is necessary to prevent them from gaining even more traction in the Middle East.

Yes, I would, I believe that the federal government should step in during cases such as this where a state of emergency has been declared. This situation is grave, and requires the help of the federal government, even if the Governor does not seem to think so.

I believe that NAFTA has had its troubles and unintended consequences, but that is has been a net positive for America and the global society. NAFTA lowered prices, boosted trade, encouraged economic growth, and increased foreign investment on our businesses. TPP will allow us to do that on an even larger scale, and prevent our main foreign rival, China, from gaining complete control over the economies of developing nations in Asia.

I think the reason that this perception sadly exists is because I do not appear to be a warm or naturally charismatic person. I wish I were as charismatic as some of my opponents, but I hope to make up for it by working harder for the common person, and proving myself as a strong, independent person who fights for you. I think some of the accusations that have been lobbied against me are horrible, and while I have my own suspicions, I think it would be wise to wait for the formal report to come out before pointing fingers.

I finish with debate with a heavy heart knowing that we won't know who rigged the caucuses in Iowa for a couple more weeks, but I hope that the primary in New Hampshire is free from any rigging, and is fair for all candidates. My name is Susan Park, and I would be honoured to have you choose as me as your Democratic Nominee for President of the United States. God bless the United States and enjoy the rest of your night!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2017, 06:14:57 PM »

Barnstorm New Hampshire: 40 tokens (4x)

Barnstorm Nevada: 20 tokens (2x)

Barnstorm South Carolina: 10 tokens

Positive ads in New Hampshire: 6 tokens

Positive ads in South Carolina: 4 tokens