HB 2016-1065 - Amendment to Art. 1, Sect. 4, of the Atlasian Constit. (2SENATE) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:39:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 2016-1065 - Amendment to Art. 1, Sect. 4, of the Atlasian Constit. (2SENATE) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 2016-1065 - Amendment to Art. 1, Sect. 4, of the Atlasian Constit. (2SENATE)  (Read 2686 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 29, 2016, 04:05:09 PM »

Virginia wanted me to post this for her, since she wasn't sure if she could post this here herself.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thank you for working on this amendment! However, this version again introduces similar problems:

1. "Activity" is not clearly defined. In this version, it is possible to give it a wide interpretation, just like before.My line was a little clumsy on this but I tried to narrow it down.

2. This version gives no power to the judicial branch to deny voting (for various disenfranchisement laws/regulations)

3. I'm not sure this gives the ability to ban campaigning in the voting booth, either. Perhaps they can't do it on their official ballot, but what if they make other posts in the same thread? Since it isn't the original, official ballot, the secretary would have no authority to throw it out based on separate posts in the polling place.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 05:56:20 AM »

Aye
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 07:13:12 AM »

Didn't you already vote? Tongue