HB 2016-1066 - Amend. to Art. 1, Sect. 6 of the Atlasian Constit. (PASSES 2 SEN) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:05:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 2016-1066 - Amend. to Art. 1, Sect. 6 of the Atlasian Constit. (PASSES 2 SEN) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 2016-1066 - Amend. to Art. 1, Sect. 6 of the Atlasian Constit. (PASSES 2 SEN)  (Read 1221 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 21, 2016, 06:10:51 PM »

Since I wrote this I would like to chime in:

The military has demonstrated it is more than capable of running purely on the power of volunteer recruits. On the point of extreme circumstances where more are needed then I would ask that do we not have confidence in our own people that in time is national distress people wouldn't answer to the call out of patriotism? And if its not a national emergency where the country itself is in danger of direct attack then I would seriously question our being involved in whatever the fight is to begin with.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 04:03:12 AM »

I'm still largely skeptical; we passed this into law (which I actually opposed) and I don't see the need to have this as a constitutional amendment

Because banning coercion of people into service against their will, no matter how noble the cause may seem, is something that should be enshrined in constitutional law for all time, and not endangered by shifting opinions of the state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies