HB 2016-1066 - Amend. to Art. 1, Sect. 6 of the Atlasian Constit. (PASSES 2 SEN) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:19:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 2016-1066 - Amend. to Art. 1, Sect. 6 of the Atlasian Constit. (PASSES 2 SEN) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 2016-1066 - Amend. to Art. 1, Sect. 6 of the Atlasian Constit. (PASSES 2 SEN)  (Read 1214 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« on: December 21, 2016, 11:35:10 PM »

Thanks to Justice Jbrase for writing this amendment and arguing for it here.  I'm happy to sponsor it for him.

Generally, I think the ability to choose what we do in life (within reason) is paramount to having a free society.  Regardless of your religious beliefs, we only live the life we're currently leading once, so we should get a say in whether we do things that might put our life in danger.  If necessary, the military or government can always do things that might make volunteering to serve more appealing, but I don't think forcing someone to serve is doing anyone any good even in an emergency.  I don't really have anything more eloquent to add right now (recovering from dental work ugh!!)  but maybe later.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 09:55:57 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies