IA: 2016 Senatorial Democratic Primary Election Result (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:05:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IA: 2016 Senatorial Democratic Primary Election Result (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA: 2016 Senatorial Democratic Primary Election Result  (Read 686 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: December 26, 2016, 03:28:56 PM »

Party Judge's campaign seemed to be based around Garland and nothing else, or at least that's the feeling I got from college this past fall (ISU). People weren't willing to reject grassley on that issue alone. There was also the fact that no one seemed to be really trying for her - the campus Democratic groups were all in for Hillary, but often there wasn't even a sign for Patty Judge at their display. Even if such a sign existed, they were still spending 95% of their energy promoting Clinton, and I was never personally approached about Judge despite them making several attempts to get me to vote for Clinton. There were plenty of chalk messages across campus for Grassley, Hillary, and Trump, along with a couple for Johnson. But not even one for Judge. Add all this to the fact that Grassley ran a serious campaign and that it was the strongest battleground state for Trump.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 07:52:03 PM »

Oh, and I'll also note that it was legitimately hard to track down media articles on Garland after the first couple months. Even most liberal sites had given up by June. There was no permanent energy behind him, probably because he wasn't really much of a liberal anyways and because it looked like Hillary was going to win. Sure, there were people standing outside the supreme Court every day, and if you followed We Need Nine on Facebook you saw pictures of that, but the wider media was all "old news, let's move on."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies