U.N Security Council passes resolution Israeli settlements; the U.S doesn't veto (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:20:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  U.N Security Council passes resolution Israeli settlements; the U.S doesn't veto (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: U.N Security Council passes resolution Israeli settlements; the U.S doesn't veto  (Read 3822 times)
Fusionmunster

« on: December 23, 2016, 06:55:21 PM »

Good. Israel needs to exist, but not like this.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 07:02:43 PM »

Although, its funny. The republicans will play this up as a betrayal against Israel. And sure, conservatives will eat this up but American Jews are liberal and support a two-state solution. If republicans think fighting the UN over this is going to win them more supporters, especially Jewish supporters(like myself), they're going to be disappointed.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 07:55:45 PM »

Although, its funny. The republicans will play this up as a betrayal against Israel. And sure, conservatives will eat this up but American Jews are liberal and support a two-state solution. If republicans think fighting the UN over this is going to win them more supporters, especially Jewish supporters(like myself), they're going to be disappointed.

Why do you support a two state solution when the majority of Palestinians don't and in fact want Israel to cease existing altogether?

It what circumstance should public opinion ever matter when deciding foreign policy?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 08:43:49 PM »

Obama has been more than gracious towards Israel. Netanyahu however...
Fusionmunster

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 04:16:09 PM »

I think Kerry's speech is long overdue. I would've never backed this resolution because the UN has shown it is inherently anti-Israel, but the settlements need to be stopped. Kerry is also taking many of Israel's leaders to task, ironically using Randist logic. If love is not based in values, it is not love at all. Why should we back Israel if they abandon their own values and ours too?

Too bad Obama never lifted a finger to help the Palestinians until Donald Trump and the American people repudiated and humiliated him at the ballot box. Now he's on the warpath. That's why he stabbed Israel in the back. This whole brouhaha has actually made Israel, despite my serious reservations about their policies, actually look better in comparison to the Arabs and the other teary-eyed, borderline anti-Semitic leaders of the western world who pushed this. Trump needs to get us the hell out of this fraudulent, useless forum for various anti-American, anti-Semitic, anti-western third world tinpot dictators and their pretentious, handwringing internationalists enablers who should craw out back to academia. The UN makes me sick. Even when their right they manage to be wrong.

Shockingly, I agree with you. Obama finally grows a set of balls and its too late to do anything.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies