Blaming Russia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:30:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Blaming Russia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Blaming Russia  (Read 4658 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2017, 05:10:24 PM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/01/18/fbi-5-other-agencies-probing-possible-kremlin-cash-to-trump.html?via=mobile&source=copyurl

Of course, Trump could clear this up right now by releasing his taxes.

Besides that, why are people in this thread so deluded to believe this isn't a real possibility?

People sent a clear message saying they'd rather look at the election results than look at Trump's taxes.  If his taxes were an issue he would've lost.  If you think his taxes are an issue to anyone outside of the Democrat party, then you live in coo-koo land.

You've completely missed my point.
Hillary Lost
Rookie
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2017, 05:12:05 PM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/01/18/fbi-5-other-agencies-probing-possible-kremlin-cash-to-trump.html?via=mobile&source=copyurl

Besides that, why are people in this thread so deluded to believe this isn't a real possibility?

People sent a clear message saying they'd rather look at the election results than look at Trump's taxes.  If his taxes were an issue he would've lost.  If you think his taxes are an issue to anyone outside of the Democrat party, then you live in coo-koo land.

What's really going on is Democrats can't stand the fact they lost the election.  This happened in 2000.  The bigger question is why do Democrats act like cry babies when they lose?  Whah! whah! Russia stole the election!  Where are his taxes?  Whah! Whah!
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2017, 05:13:59 PM »

What's really going on is Democrats can't stand the fact they lost the election.  This happened in 2000.  The bigger question is why do Democrats act like cry babies when they lose?  Whah! whah! Russia stole the election!  Where are his taxes?  Whah! Whah!

If a Democratic president was accused of accepting Russian money in exchange for winning the election, you and all your buddies would be all over it.

Don't act like you would just accept it.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2017, 05:25:09 PM »

What's really going on is Democrats can't stand the fact they lost the election.  This happened in 2000.  The bigger question is why do Democrats act like cry babies when they lose?  Whah! whah! Russia stole the election!  Where are his taxes?  Whah! Whah!

If I was still a Republican (I used to be), what would scare me is the fact that in the last seven elections, my party's candidate has only won a majority of votes exactly ONE time.

Seven presidential elections.

24 years.

Only once has the Republican candidate received the most votes.

Don't spout off the bs argument about how the popular vote doesn't matter; I know that and that's not the point. That most people in the country repeatedly vote against my party going on to 30 years now would frighten the hell out of me.

It's getting to where your nominee can only ever win by a technicality while losing a majority vote.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2017, 07:33:17 PM »

What's really going on is Democrats can't stand the fact they lost the election.  This happened in 2000.  The bigger question is why do Democrats act like cry babies when they lose?  Whah! whah! Russia stole the election!  Where are his taxes?  Whah! Whah!

If I was still a Republican (I used to be), what would scare me is the fact that in the last seven elections, my party's candidate has only won a majority of votes exactly ONE time.

24 years.

Don't spout off the bs argument about how the popular vote doesn't matter; I know that and that's not the point. That most people in the country repeatedly vote against my party going on to 30 years now would frighten the hell out of me.

It's getting to where your nominee can only ever win by a technicality while losing a majority vote.

-Simply nonsense. The GOP on the presidential level has done as well as the fundamentals forecasted it to do, and much better than the fundamentals given the demographic change in America since 1988. Also, don't just look at the presidential vote. Look at the midterms, as well.

My main worry about the future of the GOP is definitely non-White immigration, which alone has turned California from a swing state (as it was in 1916 and 1988) into a blue state.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2017, 09:10:48 PM »

24 years.

-Simply nonsense. The GOP on the presidential level has done as well as the fundamentals forecasted it to do, and much better than the fundamentals given the demographic change in America since 1988. Also, don't just look at the presidential vote. Look at the midterms, as well.

My main worry about the future of the GOP is definitely non-White immigration, which alone has turned California from a swing state (as it was in 1916 and 1988) into a blue state.

You must repent for your sacrilege!
Eharding

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2017, 09:39:28 PM »

24 years.

-What sacrilege?
Eharding

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2017, 09:41:42 PM »

24 years.

-Oh; you mean the Atlas colors. ZERO REPENTANCE. No apologies.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2017, 05:53:27 AM »

24 years.

You're upset that the nation is becoming less white?

How about your party just starts trying to appeal to demographics other than their standard white straight male?
Eharding

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2017, 08:25:21 AM »

24 years.

How about your party just starts trying to appeal to demographics other than their standard white straight male?

-First, there's no battle of the sexes in politics. Second, you full well know that would transform the GOP into a totally unrecognizable party policy-wise.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2017, 09:31:37 AM »

See Democrats can't get over their loss so they claim Russia hacked her e-mails.  If that WERE the case, then thank them for giving us the information our government hid from us.

Are we talking about the DNC/DCCC/Podesta emails? Those are the emails hacked by the Russians (or Russian-aligned groups). Hillary's emails from her tenure as SoS were fair game, and that whole mess was entirely her doing. Podesta's emails and the correspondence of Democratic Party organizations is private and the public has no right to see that stuff. It revealed some things about Debbie, which I'm glad got her to step down, but it doesn't change the fact that these were not emails the public is entitled to see, nor are RNC emails.

We can't have elections were each party/campaign is getting hacked by outside interests in order to tip the scales towards a candidate.

Hacked and leaked are different things. Podesta just looks like the slimiest creature to ever walk on this planet.  Looking at him gives me chills.  I'm so glad his side lost.  Public and private talk sounds like the Clinton e-mail that said "you need a public position and a private position."  Are you actually under the belief that there was a single voter who supported Hillary Clinton but changed their mind when the e-mails were released?  You've got to be kidding me! Get over it you lost!  You're sounding like one of those millennials who goes to a safe space on their college campus to play with play-dough and color in coloring books.  The generation that stormed Normandy would be ashamed of you.

You only believe that crap because it's beneficial to your side.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2017, 12:02:29 PM »

24 years.

It's hilarious how you decide to ignore the House, the Senate, Governorships, and state legislatures.  Win, win, win, win, win!
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2017, 12:05:16 PM »

You only believe that crap because it's beneficial to your side.

Leaks are only good if they benefit the Democrat party's political interests. If they harm America, no big deal.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2017, 12:24:38 PM »

24 years.

-First, there's no battle of the sexes in politics. Second, you full well know that would transform the GOP into a totally unrecognizable party policy-wise.

With that response you are blatantly admitting that the GOP as it is today only works to benefit white straight men. And in a country that is becoming more diverse, sticking to that is a losing strategy.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2017, 04:59:27 PM »

24 years.

-Oh; you mean the Atlas colors. ZERO REPENTANCE. No apologies.

BLASPHEMER!!! GATHER STONES! Angry
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2017, 06:26:51 PM »

Absolutely. The Democratic party needs to either talk about the issues that actually effect people, or die.

I fully expect Democrats to attack Trump "from the right" on foreign policy in 2020.

That would be amazing.  Hopefully you're right.

What does "right" and "left" even mean in foreign policy? Hawkishness vs. Dovishness? Realism vs. Liberalism? Interventionism vs. Isolationism? Constructivism vs. Determinism?

At this moment in time, "right" in foreign policy would appear to mean "an idiot ranting on twitter" and "left" would be "acting like a real nation".
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2017, 07:10:43 PM »

Russia sucks, the end.
gruen
Kazakhstan
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2017, 01:37:45 PM »

I agree that blaming Russia actually strengthens Putin's postions.   
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2017, 03:02:55 PM »

everything EVER strengthens those guys....and stuff which weakens them is unimportant, cause they wouldn't lose power anyway.. ^^
Rutter
Rookie
South Africa
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2017, 06:09:00 AM »

everything EVER strengthens those guys....and stuff which weakens them is unimportant, cause they wouldn't lose power anyway.. ^^

You apparently exaggerate abilities of those guys, something like SNL' putin's address to America.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2017, 11:25:43 AM »

You apparently exaggerate abilities of those guys, something like SNL' putin's address to America.

ah, i was joking ..this "it only makes them stronger" thing gets repeated so often, it has become a meme.
Rutter
Rookie
South Africa
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2017, 11:58:59 AM »

ah, i was joking ..this "it only makes them stronger" thing gets repeated so often, it has become a meme.

Really? I didn't have any notion things have gone so far.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2017, 06:28:35 PM »

Russia did interfere in this election with the intention of undermining our democracy, and contributed to Hillary Clinton's loss.  That is indisputable (or, at least, should be).    
Eharding

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2017, 07:15:32 PM »

Russia did interfere in this election with the intention of undermining our democracy, and contributed to Hillary Clinton's loss.  That is indisputable (or, at least, should be).    

-Actually, transparency is good.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2017, 07:17:38 PM »

-Actually, transparency is good.

It is, and be sure to tell that to Donald Trump.  By the way, speaking of transparency, when is he planning on releasing his tax returns?  All of them, that is.  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies