Blaming Russia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:47:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Blaming Russia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Blaming Russia  (Read 4654 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2016, 06:11:33 PM »

Are there any other lefties who are getting a bit sick of everyone blaming Russia for Hillary losing?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 07:04:47 PM »

I don't blame Russia for Hillary's loss in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. I blame a whole multitude of reasons that people elected a man who has said some of the worst things and acted against the interests of the American people time and time again.

One of those reasons being the fact that Russia made a strong, successful attempt to weaken Hillary Clinton through hacks on the DNC, her campaign chair's emails, and through getting her transcripts. I do not put the blame solely on Russia, but there should be blame there, along with a whole bunch on James Comey.

In the end, the full blame does fall on Democrats and Hillary, that we needed to fully reach out to those people in those extremely close states, especially in the Midwest. But I think these outside attacks (Russia, Comey) on Hillary are a major reason for her loss.
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 07:52:37 PM »

The Russians didn't hack Hillary.

If they did, they would have hacked HER emails or like Trump said, release her 33,000 deleted emails.

What happened is a disgruntled DNC staffer leaked the DNC emails, and John Podesta fell for an obvious phishing scam. I remember when /pol/ got Podesta's Twitter password because it was that damn easy.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 10:02:01 PM »

#becausePutin

Putin does come onto the world stage with Trump elected.

I think having a strong peaceful relationship between USA and Russia is exciting.

It makes it a lot easier when you can ask Russia to act in a certain way as opposed to telling them.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 10:46:32 PM »

#becausePutin

I think having a strong peaceful relationship between USA and Russia is exciting.

It makes it a lot easier when you can ask Russia to act in a certain way as opposed to telling them.

I'm sure the innocent civilians in Syria, the Baltic nations, Ukrainians, and victims of Putin's aggression and tyranny are as excited as you are that there will be a US President who actively supports and condones Putin, and thinks that Putin is good because he is a thuggish dictator. Once upon a time Republicans stood up against the Evil Empire, now they stand with it. Putin does not want a peaceful relationship, he wants a useful idiot and he got it. He is a destructive and destabilizing force undermining stability and peace. Partisanship sure is one helluva drug.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 10:47:05 PM »

Blaming Comey is more clear cut, the negative impact he had on Clinton's chances is clear and measurable.
JoshPA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 08:08:34 PM »

#becausePutin

I'm sure the innocent civilians in Syria, the Baltic nations, Ukrainians, and victims of Putin's aggression and tyranny are as excited as you are that there will be a US President who actively supports and condones Putin, and thinks that Putin is good because he is a thuggish dictator. Once upon a time Republicans stood up against the Evil Empire, now they stand with it. Putin does not want a peaceful relationship, he wants a useful idiot and he got it. He is a destructive and destabilizing force undermining stability and peace. Partisanship sure is one helluva drug.

Podesta fault for having password as password

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 08:26:21 PM »

Absolutely. I don't know what influence Russia might have had on the election, but no amount of complaining will make Clinton president. Instead we have to refocus our efforts on responding to Trump in the most constructive way possible, which is not to point fingers at anybody - Hillary, John Podesta, Bernie Sanders, Julian Assange, James Comey, anybody.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 08:30:30 PM »

#becausePutin

-All of this but the last sentence is false, and trivially so.
Eharding

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 08:32:19 PM »

The sad thing here is, most Dems have become the people they most decried back in 2003.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 08:36:20 PM »

The sad thing here is, most Dems have become the people they most decried back in 2003.

Who? Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz?
Eharding

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 08:38:49 PM »

-Yup, except most Dems lack their power.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 08:56:32 PM »

-Yup, except most Dems lack their power.

Ok then. Thanks for letting me know. Smiley
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 09:36:26 PM »

Ronald Reagan opposed the 'Evil Empire' and stood against them, and Republicans can argue he helped bring down the tyranny of the USSR. Just 4 years ago Mitt Romney said Russian was America's top geopolitical foe, and he was mocked by the Democrats. It is shameful that Republicans now cowtow to Putin and deny the reality, against all evidence, that he is not an ally but a foe of the United States, human rights and democracy. 
Eharding

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 10:20:03 PM »

Mitt Romney was wrong then and is wrong now. Putin is among the most moral current leaders of any present Great Power.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2017, 05:31:29 AM »

Are there any other lefties who are getting a bit sick of everyone blaming Russia for Hillary losing?

No. It needs to stay in the conversation.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 06:17:21 AM »

Absolutely. The Democratic party needs to either talk about the issues that actually effect people, or die.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 06:18:46 AM »

So, can we finally decide who's responsible?

1. Putin
2. Comey
3. Bernie
4. Obama
5. Weather
6. The curse of Monica Lewinsky
7. Bill's penis
8. Reddit
9. Jill Stein
10. Gary Johnson
11. Jfern
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2017, 01:47:37 PM »

I don't know what's worse; if Republicans actually think Putin is a good guy or that they like him now because of brazen partisanship. Putin is a brutal tyrant and thug,  he does not have the US's interests at heart and he directly interfered in the US election to advance his preferred candidate.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 01:56:44 PM »

Absolutely. The Democratic party needs to either talk about the issues that actually effect people, or die.

I fully expect Democrats to attack Trump "from the right" on foreign policy in 2020.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 02:48:46 PM »

I fully expect Democrats to attack Trump "from the right" on foreign policy in 2020.

That would be amazing.  Hopefully you're right.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 03:03:51 PM »

Whatever Russia's actions, blaming them for Clinton's loss is a losing battle.

I'd be very surprised if that happened. Clinton was much more hawkish than most Democrats, and they're likely going to try and move away from Clintonism.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2017, 03:16:16 PM »

That would be amazing.  Hopefully you're right.

What does "right" and "left" even mean in foreign policy? Hawkishness vs. Dovishness? Realism vs. Liberalism? Interventionism vs. Isolationism? Constructivism vs. Determinism?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2017, 04:05:02 PM »

It's possible for multiple things to be responsible for the same thing.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2017, 06:51:19 PM »

It's possible for multiple things to be responsible for the same thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies