Linda Sarsour 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:38:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Linda Sarsour 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Linda Sarsour 2020?  (Read 5463 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 24, 2016, 10:29:44 AM »

Can Linda Sarsour, a New York Palestinian activist be a dark horse presidential contender in 2020? She is very far-left, she was a prominent Bernie Sanders 2016 for president supporter, and despite her baggage, with some statements made about Israel, NYPD, can she make a credible run for president? She would be 40 years old in 2020.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/09/nyregion/linda-sarsour-is-a-brooklyn-homegirl-in-a-hijab.html?_r=0

http://nypost.com/2015/10/23/taxpayers-should-not-be-funding-this-anti-american-hate-spewer/
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 12:14:05 PM »

lol NO
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 01:08:41 PM »

President in 2020? No, she's a nobody. She's definitely a legit candidate to rise through the ranks and gain elected office as anti-semitism becomes more and more acceptable within the Democrats, though.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 01:30:57 PM »

Ignoring her bullsh*t about Israel, she's way too left wing and hasn't held office.

Then again, that didn't stop Trump.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 02:04:02 PM »

How about John Doe 2020? Please stop with all these "potential" candidates none of them have a chance at being elected.
Um, she's a big deal in American politics. She's a kingmaker in NY. I won't underestimate her if I were you.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 02:08:02 PM »

How about John Doe 2020? Please stop with all these "potential" candidates none of them have a chance at being elected.
Um, she's a big deal in American politics. She's a kingmaker in NY. I won't underestimate her if I were you.

She is very much not a "kingmaker". She's one of many beneficiaries of the De Blasio regime, and her gravy train will come to a crashing halt with his coming indictment.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 04:09:45 PM »

She is very much not a "kingmaker". She's one of many beneficiaries of the De Blasio regime, and her gravy train will come to a crashing halt with his coming indictment.

We'll see about that. It's possible. She may be running for a City Council seat in Southern Brooklyn, a conservative-leaning enclave.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 11:03:25 PM »

If she's the Democratic nominee, the Democrats are toast.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 12:38:31 AM »

She's great. I'm with SARSOUR. Smiley
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 08:47:06 AM »

Lol. She's gonna run for City Council anyway
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 12:45:57 PM »

She isn't powerful at all. She wouldn't win. Stop posting potential candidate stuff like this.

No one thought Trump would win in December 2012 did they? They way how politics is going now, anything can happen. Ellison/Sarsour or Sarsour/Ellison is a strong possibility, if the Democrats want to go the anti-establishment wing.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 10:34:01 PM »

She isn't powerful at all. She wouldn't win. Stop posting potential candidate stuff like this.

No one thought Trump would win in December 2012 did they? They way how politics is going now, anything can happen. Ellison/Sarsour or Sarsour/Ellison is a strong possibility, if the Democrats want to go the anti-establishment wing.

"No one thought Trump would win in December 2012 did they? So [insert anyones name here] could win!"

This is basically your argument, and it's a stupid one.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2016, 12:08:54 AM »

Lol an Ellison-Sarsour ticket would win exactly 4 states: CA, HI, MA, VT. Plus DC.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2016, 04:21:57 PM »

I don't think she could possibly be a candidate in 2020, but dismissing someone because they're Muslim, says more about you as a person than about her.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 04:29:15 PM »

I'll let the leftists on here salivate over her because she won't be elected to any other office other than the city council.

Bro, if she wins the City Council seat, in a Italian/Irish/Norwegian enclave, it shows that she could do wonders with the country. I disagree with her on some issues.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 04:32:10 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2016, 06:38:10 PM by bronz4141 »

I don't think she could possibly be a candidate in 2020, but dismissing someone because they're Muslim, says more about you as a person than about her.

She could be a very compelling candidate. I have some disagreements with her. She may be a little too radical.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 04:42:22 PM »

Absolutely, she'd crush him in a 45 state landslide. California and New York would be 70%+ D. South Dakota would be very close.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 08:40:06 PM »

This thread is stupid but she could absolutely be a serious candidate for president. Not in 2020 but maybe in 2024 after she actually wins an office. Being a Muslim is like +20 bonus points in a Democratic primary. The problem is though there aren't a lot of Muslim politicians, as there just aren't a lot of Muslims, and most of the ones we do have are too fresh off the boat to be taken seriously as politicians. As soon as someone comes along who is Muslim, can speak good English, and hasn't said anything more than vaguely pro-terrorism, the Democrats will beg them to run for president.
Please stop.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 09:47:13 PM »

This thread is stupid but she could absolutely be a serious candidate for president. Not in 2020 but maybe in 2024 after she actually wins an office. Being a Muslim is like +20 bonus points in a Democratic primary. The problem is though there aren't a lot of Muslim politicians, as there just aren't a lot of Muslims, and most of the ones we do have are too fresh off the boat to be taken seriously as politicians. As soon as someone comes along who is Muslim, can speak good English, and hasn't said anything more than vaguely pro-terrorism, the Democrats will beg them to run for president.
Please stop.

No.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 05:55:37 PM »

She could be a very compelling candidate. I have some disagreements with her. She may be a little too radical.

Bronz, someone like Sarsour could never win a Democratic presidential primary. The Democratic party is not as conflicted or as broken as the GOP was/is, which is what let the Trump phenomenon happen in the first place.

Sarsour would be a compelling candidate for Brooklyn Borough President, or City Council and maybe Mayor in 2021, but anything higher is not happening.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »

Ah yes, I remember the massive hubub where everyone wanted Keith Ellison* and Andre Carson to run for President.

*DNC chair is not even a remotely comparable office.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 04:48:17 PM »

M'kay. You go on thinking that.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 06:04:09 PM »

I agree with a lot of what Linda Sarsour says; however, she isn't a viable Presidential contender.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2017, 02:38:44 PM »

LOLNO. We would probably see the third-party vote break 10% in an election between her and Trump.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 03:09:23 PM »

No, but she'd make a good future ambassador to Israel.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies