How would Pence have done against Hillary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:07:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How would Pence have done against Hillary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would Pence have done against Hillary?  (Read 1919 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« on: December 24, 2016, 02:58:16 PM »

I don't know.

Pence was a grown-up, had integrity, experience, and maturity to go against Hillary.  He was NOT a protectionist, however, and I don't know that he'd have carried PA, MI, and WI.

Pennsylvania was very close to being the tipping-point state in 2012 so a normal Republican could still flip it, plus New Hampshire may be flipped with a different Republican. Pence is not that strong a candidate, and may be too far to the right, but he probably is a stronger candidate than Trump, especially since Hillary was also very weak.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 11:48:19 PM »

Lol@people saying Trump was the only Republican who could have beaten Clinton because MUH RUST BELT REVOLT. I can't think of a single reason why Pence or Kasich would have done worse in Wisconsin, for example.

Indeed the evidence shows 2016 was a Republican year not a Trump year.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 05:41:40 PM »

Donald Trump was the strongest GOP candidate and still lost the national popular vote.

The idea that Donald Trump was a strong candidate is ridiculous, all the evidence shows he was not, and the implication that Hillary was also a strong candidate is even more laughable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies