Is Donald Trump functionally illiterate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:11:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Donald Trump functionally illiterate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Donald Trump functionally illiterate?  (Read 2392 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 25, 2016, 12:24:08 PM »

Our new president (is functionally illiterate)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LFkN7QGp2c

(This is a video link, and the video is necessary for explaining some of the observation).

Oh. My. God!!!!!!

Functionally-illiterate people pretending to be literate have always been butts of jokes. Maybe the President-Elect is simply dyslexic, which would be excusable. Even so there are books on tape/record/disc for blind or dyslexic people who have some curiosity about Ovid, Goethe, Dickens, Hugo, Dostoevsky,

The Right has often attacked President Obama for using a Teleprompter, but at least one must admit that he has had some editorial control over what goes on it. So he doesn't want to miss a critical detail or subject. I can imagine what sort of advice President Obama can give on how to use a Teleprompter... and why it is appropriate to use one. But if someone is functionally illiterate it is as fruitless for him to use a Teleprompter as it is for a penniless fellow to use a credit card.

I have consistently noticed that people do not think or speak better than the material that they read. There is a huge gap between people who barely read (the market for the National Inquirer) and those who read richer, more demanding material. I can just imagine what President-Elect Trump cannot understand -- like the Constitution or the Geneva Conventions.

One does not have the excuse of 'being too busy', unless one works 80 or so hours a week. 
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 08:53:09 PM »

That was very funny. Thanks for sharing.

I would say he does not do a lot of reading because of mild Developmental Dyslexia, Alexia (acquired dyslexia), and/ or Hyperlexia
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 09:40:27 PM »

It looks like they're trying to make a joke, but it looks like he really struggles reading, which does happen to some people his age.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 06:36:58 AM »

Please stop calling Trump illiterate or stupid. He is neither. He's President-elect of the United States, which is vastly more than anyone of us will ever be. 
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 11:30:32 AM »

Please stop calling Trump illiterate or stupid. He is neither. He's President-elect of the United States, which is vastly more than anyone of us will ever be. 

The truth is, politics aside, President-elect Pussy-grabber is so ignorant and incurious that he might as well be functionally illiterate.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 11:33:53 AM »

1. Please stop. I'm one of the biggest Trump critics on this forum and left the GOP over this lunatic becoming President. I have no problem with the President being criticized.

2. He's incurious about some things. Yes. Is he illiterate or mentally defunct? No. Mentally defunct people or illiterate people do not become President, including George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan. The Left likes to build caricatures of these people and then are constantly shocked when these people win two terms because the caricature doesn't match the reality.

(Actually Reagan was a highly educated and sophisticated political leader who was "miles, planets and universes better" than Jerry Brown and Jimmy Carter. But gratuitous Reagan praise aside, my point stands).

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 12:10:51 PM »

1. Please stop. I'm one of the biggest Trump critics on this forum and left the GOP over this lunatic becoming President. I have no problem with the President being criticized.

2. He's incurious about some things. Yes. Is he illiterate or mentally defunct? No. Mentally defunct people or illiterate people do not become President, including George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan. The Left likes to build caricatures of these people and then are constantly shocked when these people win two terms because the caricature doesn't match the reality.

(Actually Reagan was a highly educated and sophisticated political leader who was "miles, planets and universes better" than Jerry Brown and Jimmy Carter. But gratuitous Reagan praise aside, my point stands).

The man who has been spouting off about "more nukes" didn't know what the nuclear triad is and near-certainly doesn't know how many nuclear weapons we actually have, much less about the delivery systems, different warheads, and associated infrastructure.

I stand by my statement. President-elect Pussygrabber is an ignorant buffoon who has zero interest in informing himself on subjects he makes public statements on. He runs on ego and impulse. I don't know if he's functionally illiterate or not, but he might as well be.

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 12:29:05 PM »

Wait, so Trump is considered functionally illiterate now? lol, whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 12:36:55 PM »

LOL, nice stuff.

But just imagine for a second someone would really become president who couldn't read or write. And it would come out after the election.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 12:48:54 PM »

Trollololololololol
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 04:27:42 AM »

People talk at roughly the level at which they do their top reading. I typically have a long reading project (recent ones include Dostoevsky, Huge, Coelho,  and Joyce)... is my writing consistent with such? I could never imitate the style of any of those three. I'm not much of a reader of fiction, but it had better be good -- really good -- if it is to keep my attention.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies