Worst Poster Semi-Finals
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:08:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Worst Poster Semi-Finals
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Top 4 worst posters?
Seriously?

Santander

Classic Conservative

ChairmanSanchez

Famous Mortimer

Landslide Lyndon

bronz4141

Non-Swing Voter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Worst Poster Semi-Finals  (Read 1397 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 27, 2016, 01:34:42 AM »

Who are the 4 worst Atlas posters.

(You can change your votes now, sorry for not enabling it last time)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 09:04:45 AM »
« Edited: December 27, 2016, 09:07:41 AM by Malcolm X »

I mean...yes, Seriously is a hack and there are some legitimately bad posters on this list, but...err...well...

*snip*

See the below posts:

It's unpopular to say but I really do believe there are a lot of misguided women who would allow themselves to get "raped" rather than just say "no" even though saying "no" would likely stop many of the "rapists" Because if they said "no" and the guy did stop, then they wouldn't be able to complain about the omnipresent "rape culture"
What the f**k?

I know it seems weird but my friends post articles on Facebook all the time, I see comments on Jezebel and other websites.

At first I thought they were poorly constructed parodies but everyone appears to be taking them at face value. If anyone is even mildly critical, they are shouted down.

The story is always the same: Girl in college. Guy asks her out. She doesn't want to but agrees out of pity. She allows herself to get drunk. She agrees to go back to his place. She makes out with him even though she doesn't want to, again out of pity. They have sex. She doesn't say "no" but she either doesn't move or she says something like "slow down" or "please wear a condom" It's rape. After the rape, she may agree to hang out with him several more times, again apparently out of pity. She may even get "raped" a couple more times. The writer will then make clear that the worst part is this person doesn't even know he's a rapist! But they are!

I've seen variations on that story so many times over the past couple years.

Also, just to be clear, nothing like that has ever happened to me. I always wait for enthusiastic consent and use a safe word even when I'm not doing anything particularly kinky, just because I'm terrified of these chicks being out there.

Those groups definitely exist but I still do think there are women who seek out the attention that being "raped" brings. I once knew in a girl, IRL, who claimed her long term boyfriend raped her because he got her to go along with sex even though she was sick and didn't feel like it. She admitted she didn't say "no" she just acquiesced to having sex with the guy she lived with and shared a bed with. She kept going out with the guy for 2 years after that also. Of course, after she told that story, everyone in the room told her what a brave, beautiful survivor she was. That's why some women try to read rape into all their past sexual encounters, the attention, it's like Munchhausen syndrome.

Of course, I don't think things like this constitute a majority of rape accusations, but they do exist. People practically brag about their rapes the way people used to brag about their bad childhoods to show how deep and interesting they are.

If a girl agrees to go on a date with you and agrees to go back to your place after that date, that would seem to be fairly clear implied consent to most people. If that's not the case, the girl needs to give a clear "no" to cancel out the mixed messages.

"Do you want to come up to my place for a drink?" = "do you want to have sex?"

Everyone knows that because it's been repeated in every piece of media ever.

Anyone who doesn't know that is either a vegetable or being disingenuous.

Obviously if you agree to a drink and say "NO" you mean "NO"

but if you agree to a drink and you don't say anything, you will come off as being coy, and that's probably your intention unless you're mentally ill or an idiot.

And of course, we have this contender for worst post of 2016 (which he has doubled-down on, btw):

The mentally disabled should not be killed. They are humans. At the same time, they are absolutely a burden to society and anyone who says they are a blessing is clearly just trying to make themselves feel better about the horrible situation they are in. To minimize their burden to society, the government should run care homes where these people can be taken care of. If people want to take care of their own mentally retarded relatives by themselves, they should of course be allowed but if there are quality care homes, very few will choose that option. Also, as soon as a mental disability is diagnosed, a fetus should be aborted. This should not be mandated by law, just encouraged by society. People whose families have a history of mental retardation should also be discouraged from having children, again, not by the law, just by society. Eugenics is fine as long as it's not racial.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 10:09:38 AM »

The mentally disabled should not be killed. They are humans. At the same time, they are absolutely a burden to society and anyone who says they are a blessing is clearly just trying to make themselves feel better about the horrible situation they are in. To minimize their burden to society, the government should run care homes where these people can be taken care of. If people want to take care of their own mentally retarded relatives by themselves, they should of course be allowed but if there are quality care homes, very few will choose that option. Also, as soon as a mental disability is diagnosed, a fetus should be aborted. This should not be mandated by law, just encouraged by society. People whose families have a history of mental retardation should also be discouraged from having children, again, not by the law, just by society. Eugenics is fine as long as it's not racial.

Jesus Christ...
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 02:12:58 PM »

And of course, we have this contender for worst post of 2016 (which he has doubled-down on, btw):

Not good, but his rape sh*t was worse.

ETA: He's said worse many times.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 02:23:43 PM »

In a battle of idiocy against evil, I think I'd have to choose evil as worse.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 02:43:54 PM »

This is literally my friends list, lol.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 06:39:01 PM »

1. Famous Mortimer
2. Landslide Lyndon
3. Non-Swing Voter

Are my three on your friends list?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 06:56:38 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2016, 07:02:07 PM by Speaker Maxwell »

Seriously?, Classic Conservative, Famous Mortimer, and bronz.

not voting Santander this time because he would enjoy it, which is the only reason he's not in the top 4.

With the exception of Non Swing Voter, who I think people want as a nominee just because he relies their jimmies for some reason, this is a solid list of horrible/gross posters.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 09:03:09 PM »

I think you should be top of both lists.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 11:01:26 PM »

I think you should be top of both lists.

Aww don't b lik dat bby
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 02:52:35 PM »

The rape apologism wasn't from this year though.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 04:40:50 PM »

Seriously?, Lyndon, Famous Mortimer. Undecided on the fourth.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 11:00:56 PM »

I'm honored to be considered and...
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 11:01:03 PM »

Santander
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 03:04:58 AM »

Man can I win anything around here?
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 01:17:24 PM »

no.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 08:12:42 PM »

This is terrible. I didn't even make the semifinals.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 11:57:03 PM »

When is the final? I am really looking forward to it. Smiley
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 12:14:53 AM »

I personally believe that the mental disorder comment was worse. When you call someone a burden to society because of something they cannot control, that's truly horrific.

It's immoral and downright deplorable.
dax00

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 02:20:17 AM »

since i was late to the party, a bit longer list
1. lyndon
2. ebowed
3. jerryarkansas
4. evergreen
5. clintoncake

all i expect from posters is civility, regardless of how much the content of some other user's post triggers you
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 05:15:43 AM »

^

I consider it a personal achievement that I'm on this idiots list.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 07:21:43 AM »

At least you got listed.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 09:47:53 AM »

5. clintoncake
HAHAHAHAHAH
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 03:46:47 PM »

1. lyndon
2. ebowed
3. jerryarkansas
4. evergreen
5. clintoncake

all i expect from posters is civility, regardless of how much the content of some other user's post triggers you

I'm sorry if my remarks about Trump's syphilitic derangement syndrome triggered you.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 04:26:23 PM »

Come on, I didn't even make the semifinals?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies