Julian Castro takes shots at Trump: 2020 talking points?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:27:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Julian Castro takes shots at Trump: 2020 talking points?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Julian Castro takes shots at Trump: 2020 talking points?  (Read 3355 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 27, 2016, 06:31:52 PM »

"Trump is so corrupt that if Democrats controlled even one chamber of Congress, he'd be done before he even got started. #2018", "So Trump-- the shadiest, most corrupt guy to take the Oval Office, will have no strong federal checks and balances. Has to change. #2018" Getting his talking points ready for 2020? https://twitter.com/JulianCastro/status/813567550550376450, https://twitter.com/JulianCastro/status/813571675581284352
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 06:34:36 PM »

No more identity politics. Not only is there no reason for Castro to run besides being Hispanic, it's all anyone ever talks about when his name is mentioned.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 06:36:31 PM »

Are we just gonna say "identity politics" whenever a minority candidate is brought up?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 06:37:26 PM »

Are we just gonna say "identity politics" whenever a minority candidate is brought up?

We are when that's the only reason said minority has ever been brought up as a possible candidate.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 06:39:08 PM »

Yeah, this guy has a serious shot at winning the Democratic nomination in 2020. Probably going to be one of Castro, Booker or Harris.

Disgusting if the case.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 06:43:31 PM »

I see that Castro really wants to give Trump a second term.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 06:44:04 PM »

Yeah, this guy has a serious shot at winning the Democratic nomination in 2020. Probably going to be one of Castro, Booker or Harris.

Disgusting if the case.
What wrong with Booker or Harris? Cause "just being a minority" isn't why they are brought up
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 06:46:17 PM »

I don't really hear Castro being brought up without the context of his race, which may be due to a lack of charisma or talent in public speaking. Booker on the other hand is a much better speaker in my opinion, and his race isn't inherently that important of a factor.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 06:49:49 PM »

I don't really hear Castro being brought up without the context of his race, which may be due to a lack of charisma or talent in public speaking. Booker on the other hand is a much better speaker in my opinion, and his race isn't inherently that important of a factor.
I've seen many bring up Castro as charismatic and a good speaker I think his race being brought up has more to due with Trump
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 06:50:25 PM »

Disgusting if the case.
What wrong with Booker or Harris? Cause "just being a minority" isn't why they are brought up

The party needs to move significantly to the left on certain issues (ones that appeal to millenials). Harris is decent but then again she has support from establishment figures. Booker is an empty suit. And BTW both have been brought up several times because they are minorities. There are many left wingers on this very forum who insist that the Democrats must have a minority on the ticket to drive up turnout.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 06:54:13 PM »

The only reason why people actually like Castro is because he is hispanic. Seriously, what else does he have?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 06:54:33 PM »

I've seen many bring up Castro as charismatic and a good speaker I think his race being brought up has more to due with Trump

His race was being brought up long before Trump as a parallel to Obama, and others may think he has charisma but I don't personally feel he's anything special.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 06:57:00 PM »

Honestly I hope the dems choose Castro, ill gladly give them Arizona, for NH, ME, MI, PA, MN and WI.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 06:58:45 PM »

I've also heard people say that Castro could make Texas competitive. No, seriously. Maybe some Democrats think that winning FL+TX and ignoring the Midwest would be the best path for the party in 2020 and going forward. I've definitely seen people suggesting that, especially on this forum.

Harris seems decent but I don't think Castro and Booker would make good candidates.
Well he's from there and Hispanics will eb the majority in Texas by 2023 so there is logic that he could Texas into play of he ran up Obama like numbers with Hispanic people
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 07:02:09 PM »

Hispanic people aren't going to rush to the polls to vote for Castro simply because he's Hispanic. If Clinton couldn't run up Obama numbers against Trump that's not going to happen unless the alt-right becomes more powerful. And if they do it's possible that many Hispanics will simply start identifying as white.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 07:03:48 PM »

I've also heard people say that Castro could make Texas competitive. No, seriously. Maybe some Democrats think that winning FL+TX and ignoring the Midwest would be the best path for the party in 2020 and going forward. I've definitely seen people suggesting that, especially on this forum.

Harris seems decent but I don't think Castro and Booker would make good candidates.
Well he's from there and Hispanics will eb the majority in Texas by 2023 so there is logic that he could Texas into play of he ran up Obama like numbers with Hispanic people

No, lmao. He'd do worse than Clinton in Texas. Most of the affluent suburban Republicans who defected for this year only will be firmly in the GOP camp next time around.
Sorry but Texas is trending D there are plenty of threads here on that topic
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 07:15:21 PM »

LOL!

Trump will wipe the floor with him.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 07:18:23 PM »

Isn't it absurd. So many "progressives" who accused me of being a corporate war-monger and anti-POC crusader for supporting Hillary now tell me "no more identity politics" anytime a candidate of color is brought up as a 2020 presidential candidate.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2016, 07:22:46 PM »

No, lmao. He'd do worse than Clinton in Texas. Most of the affluent suburban Republicans who defected for this year only will be firmly in the GOP camp next time around.

not when the wall is built
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 07:30:03 PM »

Scumbag.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2016, 07:33:40 PM »

Scumbag.

Tongue
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 07:47:17 PM »

No more identity politics. Not only is there no reason for Castro to run besides being Hispanic, it's all anyone ever talks about when his name is mentioned.

What about Rubio?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 07:49:35 PM »

What about Rubio?

Wasn't Rubio quite popular because of his Tea Party ideology back in 2010? Or was he always a "moderate"?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 07:50:04 PM »

I see that Castro really wants to give Trump a second term.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2016, 07:52:07 PM »

What about Rubio?

No one cared that Rubio was Cuban. If he won the nomination all the dems would say is "LOL He is not a true "brown" Hispanic he is a WHITE Cuban"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies