Donald Trump agrees with me that football is being ruined
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:10:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donald Trump agrees with me that football is being ruined
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Donald Trump agrees with me that football is being ruined  (Read 685 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 28, 2016, 11:08:12 PM »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/01/10/donald-trump-football-has-become-soft-like-our-country-has-become-soft/

The SJWs are screaming about concussions as usual, but the man I usually abhor actually agrees with me on something. Hopefully when he tackles this issue, he'll take my advice and abolish the NCAA and replace them with people who understand that football is supposed to be a tough sport and wiol repeal the bizarre rule changes that make you wonder if the rules makers were on an acid trip.

Let's make football great again.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 11:10:10 PM »

The guy that single handedly destroyed the USFL giving football advice, LOL.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 04:00:39 AM »

There should be a compromise between "Throw a flag every single play" and "Players who don't want their brain to be smashed into jell-o are pussies"
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 05:06:48 AM »

Football is a game. It isn't shouldn't be a big deal. Players getting concussions is a pretty big deal. It says something about SJWs if understanding this equation makes you one.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 05:16:33 AM »

Who care
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »

There should be a compromise between "Throw a flag every single play" and "Players who don't want their brain to be smashed into jell-o are pussies"

My preferred route would be if less people played football and the sport died out naturally.

Basketball, however, has absolutely been pussified.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 10:02:56 AM »

I've watched both football and basketball games recently and they were both perfectly enjoyable to watch, so I think this is just resistance some have to see change. It doesn't actually make the sport bad somehow.

I'm that way about baseball so I can relate somewhat. But I also know it's not all that logical to feel that way. Wink
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 11:39:27 PM »

Football will be flag by the end of the next decade barring legislative action against the NCAA. That's why I want to run for office is to save football from the PC hippies currently running the NCAA and to put a gag on the media from saying a bad thing about it. Unfortunately it's damage control time if we're going to preserve an American pastime.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 11:41:44 PM »

Rugby is a better sport, IMO. Helmets encourage people to target the head Tongue
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 12:08:02 AM »

I think the last three years have shown me what it feels like to go through a divorce. College football has been rendered unwatchable by this bullsh**t and something I poured my heart and soul into my entire life has been irreparably corrupted. I haven't watched a single bowl game from start to finish this year.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 01:09:23 AM »

I think the last three years have shown me what it feels like to go through a divorce. College football has been rendered unwatchable by this bullsh**t and something I poured my heart and soul into my entire life has been irreparably corrupted. I haven't watched a single bowl game from start to finish this year.

I'm sure people (who have problems worse then a sport becoming boring) feel so much pity for you.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 01:29:34 AM »

The problem is the fact that the system is so biased towards the SEC and away from conferences like the Big Ten. Penn State got shafted this year.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 09:17:35 AM »

OP, what do you think the reaction should be if an NFL player ever went full Chris Benoît?  I hope to god that this never happens mind, but it's something that is a hell of a lot more likely if you do nothing on concussion prevention.

The idea that you should prevent the media from reporting facts to protect a sport is the dumbest idea: like I'm a big pro wrestling guy and have watched since I was a kid but I wouldn't still be watching it if they hadn't cut down on the moves that directly cause concussions - it's never going to be 100% safe but it's a hell of a lot better now than it was then...
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 10:42:43 AM »

The problem is the fact that the system is so biased towards the SEC and away from conferences like the Big Ten. Penn State got shafted this year.
Rugby is a better sport, IMO. Helmets encourage people to target the head Tongue
I actually agree on both counts. Go back to leather headgear!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 01:12:36 PM »

I'm sure people (who have problems worse then a sport becoming boring) feel so much pity for you.

Personally, I'm outraged that Roman style gladiatorial battles are forbidden in this country. It's a shame I can't enjoy watching others being slaughtered for my entertainment. Americans are such pussies. Just like our military personnel whining about PTSD. Right, Trump? Right, wolverine?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 02:01:08 PM »

The guy that single handedly destroyed the USFL giving football advice, LOL.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 02:31:30 PM »

There's something heartening and reassuring about how this loser receives the same intense and richly deserved ridicule no matter where he goes with his impassioned whining about football. Find another hobby, guy, because this is pathetic

Wolverine or Trump? 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies