Joint Session of Congress (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:57:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Joint Session of Congress (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joint Session of Congress  (Read 2271 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: December 29, 2016, 08:42:03 PM »

I thought I'd make a public thread to announce this, along with the PM's that I'll be sending out.

After talks with congressional leaders from both sides of the aisle, and members of my Cabinet there is a clear need to get Congress back to work before the start of the New Year, and sort out the large amounts of pending legislation that we have. Whilst I won't be taking a formal role, as President I will be overseeing the process, and working to coordinate the efforts to bring both houses together.

The plan is for the process to be managed over the IRC chat, with a channel being set up (which I will PM to members) and the rules will be suspended in both the Senate and the House to allow for the fast tracking of legislation on the government threads. The current plan is for the process to begin on Friday 30th, at 3EST and continue until the 31st. I believe that is extraordinary measure is necessary for Atlasia, and necessary for us as we move into the New Year.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 01:44:29 PM »

My Presidential duties sadly mean I won't be able to join everyone tonight in the next part of the joint session tonight, but I'll raise a glass to everyone taking part from the comfort of the pub
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies