Atlas Free Radio - Averroes Part 3! - PLUS: Science Silenced!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:57:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas Free Radio - Averroes Part 3! - PLUS: Science Silenced!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Atlas Free Radio - Averroes Part 3! - PLUS: Science Silenced!  (Read 11306 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2017, 09:12:51 PM »

Thanks so much for the opportunity. Smiley
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2017, 10:00:16 PM »

I have no idea why I expected Antonio to sound anything other than French, but I was anyway. Good stuff though.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2017, 10:01:18 PM »

I have no idea why I expected Antonio to sound anything other than French, but I was anyway.

Sorry for disappointing. Sad
retromike22
United States

« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2017, 01:22:57 PM »

Ep.7.0(d): Retromike and Rpryor on Public Transportation

Retromike and Rpryor discuss public transportation in NYC and LA, focusing on the differences between governance, funding, and growth. They also look at the impact of popular apps like uber and lyft on buses and trains, and some of the more darkly humorous follies of privatization in transportation. They close with a Resistance Report on the 2018 Ohio Gubernatorial Race.

https://soundcloud.com/atlas-free/ep70d-retromike-and-rpryor-on-public-transportation
retromike22
United States

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2017, 07:45:47 PM »

Ep. 7.0(e): Retromike with Crumpets on Nuclear Proliferation

Retromike and Crumpets discuss nuclear proliferation in Russia, Iran, and North Korea. They look at the status of the New START treaty with Russia, the future of the Iran deal, and the complexities in negotiating with North Korea. This episode's Low Energy Loser features the President of Belarus, Aleksandr Lukashenko.

https://soundcloud.com/atlas-free/ep-70e-retromike-with-crumpets-on-nuclear-proliferation
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2019, 06:52:10 PM »

Atlas Free Radio has returned!

Atlas Free Radio: We're Back!

Czar N. Tweed announces in this monologue the triumphant return of Atlas Free Radio, in conjunction with AtlasAfterDark.com.  "Don't sit back and wait, if you want to come on the program!  You're knocking on an open door."  So please, enjoy and don't hesitate to get in contact with the team here at Atlas Free Radio if you think you might be able to contribute to this collective project.

https://soundcloud.com/atlas-free/were-back
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2019, 07:08:40 PM »

woo
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2019, 10:29:07 PM »

Shouldn't it be 'Radio Free Atlas'?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2019, 11:30:02 PM »

Are the old episodes going to be reposted?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2019, 11:47:07 PM »

We'll work on getting them back up to the Soundcloud, but in the meantime, all of the old episodes are available in this directory courtesy of Tik.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2019, 06:40:59 AM »

lemme know if anyone ever needs an interview about metalcore, i'll be there
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2019, 06:57:52 PM »

Trudeau Through the Looking Glass, Pt. 1

AFR is back for real, with its first interview! Vice Czar for Canadian Affairs joins Czar Nick Tweed to talk shop in the wake of the Justin Trudeau 'brownface'/blackface scandal, and its potential implications. Pt. 1 of a two-part interview.

Listen or download here!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2019, 07:53:27 PM »

Presenting our newest article from AtlasAfterDark.com!

Big thanks to Devout Centrist and SJoyce for their excellent and informative contribution on this topic!

How Clinton Lost Florida
Trump had won Florida's 29 electoral votes and in just a few short hours, would go on to win the Presidency. But one question still remains: How did this happen?
https://www.atlasafterdark.com/home/how-clinton-lost-florida

And in case you missed it, check out Averroes' post-9/12 Democratic debate summary here:
https://www.atlasafterdark.com/home/post-912-debate-coverage
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2019, 09:28:09 PM »

Presenting our newest article from AtlasAfterDark.com!

Big thanks to Devout Centrist and SJoyce for their excellent and informative contribution on this topic!

How Clinton Lost Florida
Trump had won Florida's 29 electoral votes and in just a few short hours, would go on to win the Presidency. But one question still remains: How did this happen?
https://www.atlasafterdark.com/home/how-clinton-lost-florida

And in case you missed it, check out Averroes' post-9/12 Democratic debate summary here:
https://www.atlasafterdark.com/home/post-912-debate-coverage
I see AAD has received a facelift.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2019, 06:19:37 PM »

KoVC Averroes, Pt. 1: The Democratic Top Three

Knight of Vice Czars for Public Health Averroes returns to AFR! Here he joins Czar Nick Tweed to talk shop about the Democratic Primary. Part 1 of a two-part series.

Listen or download here!

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2019, 07:11:57 PM »

Folks!  Here's the latest from your friends at Atlas After Dark Dot Com!

Trudeau Through the Looking Glass, Pt. 2

Vice Czar for Canadian Affairs Earl joins Czar Nick Tweed to discuss the upcoming Canadian federal election, as well as a provincial breakdown of the state of politics across the country. Pt. 2 of a two-part interview.

Listen or download here!

Pittsburgh: Facing our Future - by Dr Cynic

Members of the Atlas After Dark message board will be familiar with my long and abiding passion for both the history and culture of my home city: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Now, many of you reading this who are familiar with Pittsburgh at all, the image that your mind conjures up probably has to do with steel mills, smokestacks, and mill workers who use old chairs for saving their parking stalls.

Yet, this image (apart from the Parking Chair; that’s still a thing) would be a hopelessly anachronistic one. The Pittsburgh steel industry collapsed in the late 70s and early 80s. The population collapsed (not unlike that experienced by other rust belt cities such as Detroit) and for a time in the 1980s, crime was a serious problem. However, unlike Detroit (I hate to pick on them here), Pittsburgh bounced back relatively quickly in comparison. Yes, our population is still in decline, although it’s at a slower rate than it once was. Our city is no longer quite so smokey, but we do still see the negative effects of polluted air (asthma is very high here in comparison to other places), yet still, Pittsburgh is a city that I believe is on the upswing. Why? Well, part of it comes from how the political culture of the city has evolved since then and how it continues to evolve into the future.

Read the full article here!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2019, 09:53:43 PM »

KoVC Averroes, Pt. II: Opioids & Vapes

Czar Nick Tweed and KoVC Averroes discuss the public health responses to the opioid epidemic and the vape-ban craze sweeping the Nation. Part II of a three-part series.

Listen or download here!

UBI: A Subsidy for Survival by NeverAgain

What if a government gave everyone enough to live on? A very simple concept… right? Well, I wish it was so I wouldn’t have to write 1,700 words describing its intricacies. Sadly for me, and for you - if you aren’t a fan of a Basic Income discussion - such a seemingly simple concept has a lot of complex content.

If you are new to the idea of a Universal Basic Income, you could have heard discussion about it from Elon Musk or Mark Zuckerberg, but more than likely you have heard it from the Democratic Primary field. It’s sole, but very vocal Democratic proponent, is Presidential candidate, tech entrepreneur, and one-time lawyer Andrew Yang. Yang is proposing what he calls a “Citizen Freedom Dividend” of $1,000 a month given to each American over 18 (and also not on Social Security).

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2019, 08:47:01 AM »

Great to see the AFR back.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2019, 07:16:07 PM »

KoVC Averroes, Pt. III: "The Conspiratorial Segment"

Czar Nick Tweed lets loose in this final segment of his interview with KoVC for Public Health Averroes. Czar Nick does most of the talking as the two speak speaking of drugs, guns, and the potentially sinister motivations of policy-makers as they respond to these crises. KoVC Averroes emphasizes the difficulties in formulating effective policy responses and the divergence of certain Americana narratives from the reality. Third part of a 3-part series.

Listen or download here!

Science Silenced – The State of Science in America by Mehmentum

Gallup has a long running poll in which they track Americans’ opinions on evolution and creationism. While an optimist would point to the fact that a majority (55%) believe that the theory of evolution is true, I find that the most important takeaway is that 40% of Americans believe that God created humans in the past 10,000 years. Put simply- 4 out of 10 Americans are Young Earth Creationists, with a full quarter believing that the Bible is 100% literal- meaning they believe in the Garden of Eden, Noah’s flood… all of it. Creationism isn’t the fringe- it’s mainstream.

These people vote, and in conservative states the people they elect have the ability to influence how science in taught in schools. Fortunately, the most aggressive attempts at subverting the teaching of science have been defeated in court and reversed, leaving school boards and state lawmakers only the ability to nibble at the edges of this issue.

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2019, 04:12:46 PM »

I'm also considering writing for AAD as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies