Taking voters for granted? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Taking voters for granted? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Taking voters for granted?  (Read 2281 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« on: July 18, 2005, 01:06:54 PM »

Yes. Blacks vote about 90% for the Democrats. What have the Democrats done for the blacks? Actually the Republicans have probably done more to but Black Americans in positions of power i.e. Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, Condoneeza Rice.
thurgood marshall, Barack Obama, Sheila Jackson Lee

If we're going to start the pissing match over which party has more blacks in positions of power, I'll point out that the only black Democrat in high political office is Obama. The remainder are House members with little power elected from black majority districts.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 01:37:33 PM »

If we're going to start the pissing match over which party has more blacks in positions of power, I'll point out that the only black Democrat in high political office is Obama. The remainder are House members with little power elected from black majority districts.

number of black Republicans in the Senate=0
number of black Republicans in the House=0

44 out of 44 members of the Black Congressional Caucus are Democrats.

Thank you for showing us what happens when racial gerrymandering is used to create black majority districts. They...(gasp)...elect black Democrats Shocked. How many of those Black Democrats move on from the House to higher positions of power? None...ever.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 12:24:09 PM »

Frankly, I think African Americans should stop voting Democrats en masse even if that's traditional.  Evangelicals at least base their voting on positions, even if that position is something inane like soley voting based on gay marriage (is that really the most important thing in the world?).

Showing your ignorance again. Evangelicals don't vote on gay marriage alone, but also on abortion, school prayer, religion in society, stem cell research, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies