The Iron Throne: South
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:56:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne: South
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Iron Throne: South  (Read 5042 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 02:09:41 PM »

Lords of Westeros!

Would you have your bastards rebel against the rights of their trueborn kin? Then support the Younger Stag.

Would you have your honour purchased and sold? Then crawl to Lord Tywin.

Would you support a savage horselord and his ilk, his chattel and their get? Then look no further than my sweet sister's claim.

But should any amongst you prefer to serve the rightful heir of the true line in restoring good order, law, peace, and justice to the realm, seek me out at Crackclaw Point and bend the knee

Sworn in the Light of the Seven,

Viserys Targaryen, the Third of His Name
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 07:45:16 PM »

To the People of Westros

Let this note go out to all for the following

1. To insure proper stability, I have been crowned as Queen of the Iron Islands. My late father had always intended for me to rule should no male heir be present on the islands, though I am no male, the Ironborn blood runs as true in me as any other, should you wish good relations, you will keep that in mind.

2. Though we have broken with the Iron throne, we still wish for the person who sits on it to be its proper ruler, as such I am formally declaring that Viserys Targaryen is who the Ironborn side with. I have faith that once his enemies are crushed, that the Iron Islands and the Iron Throne will enjoy productive and peaceful relations.

3. Finally, let it be known that we know who is to blame for the death of my beloved father and great ruler Balon Greyjoy. I hope you personally are reading this, because there will be blood to pay, and the Ironborn do not forget easily.

-Queen Asha Greyjoy of the Iron Islands.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2017, 02:47:41 PM »

Fair and declared warning to Khal Drogo

Your rosy allies are false friends to all but themselves, your cause doomed. Send my sister and her issue to safety among my bannermen and they will receive merciful treatment, but no Dothraki warrior can expect quarter at my hand.

Alerted by Fire and Blood, in the Light of the Seven

Viserys III
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 11:28:37 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

King Edric Storm I recognizes the faith militant. We must never let a Dothraki Horde destroy our way of life in Westeros.

Cortnay Penrose, Lord Regent to King Edric Storm I
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2017, 02:07:13 PM »

I have been informed that The High Sparrow and his followers have committed atrocities in the capital and therefore I am withdrawing my support for such extremism.

If The High Sparrow can grow towards change and fairness in King's Landing, then I may reconsider.

Cortnay Penrose, Lord Regent of King Edric Storm I
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2017, 02:47:10 AM »

House Hightower is henceforth granted the lordship paramount over all the Reach.

House Rowan, as the rightful heir of House Gardener, shall receive the lands and incomes of Highgarden.

Sealed in Fire and Blood,

Viserys III
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2017, 02:41:06 AM »

The town of Maidenpool is granted its charter as a city, the first such in the Riverlands, in recompense for the fidelity to the true king of House Mooton and the townspeople. Further Rivertowns that join my cause may expect similar treatment.

The Free City of Volantis is licensed to trade with all ports held by House Targaryen without let, hindrance or tarrif.

Viserys III
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2017, 04:34:00 AM »

There is no king but Viserys. Long may he reign

Prince Doran Martell
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2017, 02:55:19 AM »

Davos Seaworth, Lord of Bronzegate by the King's word, is hereby further named the King's Hand.

Viserys III
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 06:30:04 PM »

A Declaration of Allegiance

The realm is in chaos and treasonous tyrants such as the False King Viserys (known to most as The Beggar King) and the bastard Tommen Lannister continue to threaten the rule of law, but the North and the Vale remain dedicated to seeing Westeros united under the King it deserves.  The King it needs to lead it through these darkest of days.  House Stark and House Arryn hereby declare for Edric Storm the King of Westeros, the one true King of Westeros.

X Lord Petyr of House Baelish, Warden of the West, Lord Regent Consort of the Vale, Lord Paramount of the Westerlands, Lord of Casterly Rock, and Master of Coin

X Robb Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 03:01:58 AM »

Oldtown, Duskendale and King's Landing are henceforth to trade with Old Volantis also without imposing let or tariff.

Signed in Fire and Blood, Viserys III
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 06:45:06 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2017, 06:47:24 PM by Swedge »

Edric I

A grey sky covered Storm's End for the past few days and the weather kept Edric inside nearly every hour of the day. Cortnay Penrose always reminded Edric that everything was changing. The days were getting longer, Edric's only family were dropping like flies and of course, that Edric was now King in the eyes of many Westerosi. As the rain crashed against the armor of Cortnay like tiny hammers beating an anvil, he walked through the courtyard towards Edric whom was standing by the entrance into the castle. "Your Grace." Cortnay knelt, the rain still pouring on top of him. Edric gestured to soaking man. "Get inside Cortnay, and you don't need to kneel when there is nobody around." Cortnay rose and followed Edric inside. As the two walked Cortnay could notice Edric's face didn't hold the usual cheery smile that he wore almost every day before being announced King. "Edric, I know it must be difficult coming to terms with what is happening but you must know everything we do is for the good of the realm." Cortnay's hand fell upon his King's shoulder as his frown grew even more obvious. Edric stopped walking and looked at his feet. The sound of stretching leather as Edric clenched his fist and the tiny droplets of water that fell from Cortnay's armor were the only sounds in the room. "If we're going to do this Cortnay, we're going to do it right. Lord Swann told me you sent an assassin to kill one of our enemies and they failed." Edric looked dead into Cortnay's eye. "If the man did his damn job we could have completely crippled Drogo's forces, next time we will not risk-" Edric's foot crashing against the floor interrupted Cortnay before he could finish his words. "You're missing the point. There is no honor in defeating your enemy in such a manner. Cortnay, we do this right. Or not at all. We are warriors and you always taught me to have a warrior's spirit, yet you do something this rash without even consulting me?" Cortnay stayed silent. Edric could see the regret in his eyes, maybe it was regret for not consulting Edric first or maybe it was regret for even thinking of the idea in the first place. Cortnay nodded as the two walked on.

Previous conversations between Edric and Cortnay have been about more civil matters. Never have they talked about the exact nature of King Edric's claim until now."Why me?" Edric asked. "Edric, we chose you to be our king because we know you are the only person who can possibly save Westeros from utter collapse. A Dothraki horde in the reach, a Targaryen in King's Landing and a Lannister hiding under The Rock like they always have done." Edric didn't seem too satisfied at Cortnay's response as he has heard these reasons a thousand times over. "I'm a bastard. It's been years since I've seen my father and now he is dead. I mean, I know I'm well on the road of being ready for the tasks at hand. I'm a warrior just like my father, but why in the name of the gods did YOU choose me." Cortnay scratched his beard and paced around the room before speaking again. "If we walked along every alley and every street of Storm's End asking every man woman and child why they follow you, you'd get thousands of different answers. Just know that they believe in you. Us here in Storm's End raised you well, you're an honorable young man. A young stag. You might not have Robert's name, but you have his blood." Edric smiled and replied to Cortnay with eagerness. "I don't have his name, yet. Tell the other lords I shall be taking the name Baratheon." Cortnay laughed as he grabbed Edric's shoulders. "Ah, I've been waiting a long time to hear you say that. I shall tell the maester to send ravens. I myself will ride back to army, we have much to discuss." Cortnay turned back towards the courtyard and sauntered towards the exit.

As he opened the door, Cortnay turned back to Edric and uttered in a loud voice. "I hope you like Northern girls, your Grace!" Before Edric could reply, the door slammed shut leaving Edric alone in the halls. Edric continues down the path to his quarters, scratching the back of his head in confusion.
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2017, 06:58:29 PM »

To all the lords of Westeros,

After King Robert and King Renly's death, King Edric pondered on the possibility of taking the name Baratheon. Without a true Baratheon king alive, there is no one that has the royal authority to legitimize King Edric. After careful consideration, myself many of the Stormlords,  as well as King Edric, have decided that Edric shall take on the family name of Baratheon in order to continue the line of succession and be recognized across Westeros as the one true king.

Edric Baratheon, first of his name, King of the Andals and the First Men. Long may he reign!

Signed, Ser Cortnay Penrose, Lord Regent to King Edric Baratheon I
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 02:21:28 PM »

I, Edric Baratheon, first of my name and King of the Andals and the First Men, proclaim Lord Petyr Baelish and Lord Bryce Caron to share the duties of Lord Regent.

Through their advice and my will, we shall see Westeros at peace once and for all under a true King.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2017, 03:15:56 PM »

Lady Asha,

You have my congratulations for your victories in the west. But I can only support them formally if you agree to rule as royal Warden, subject to my rule, and not as Queen. If so, then I pledge to help you secure the prize of the Rock itself.

Avowed in Fire and Blood,

Viserys III

Lady Asha, Queen of the Isles by the acclamation of your banners,

If you conquer in the West, I may rejoice at the discomfiture of my enemies but I cannot support your claim unless you agree to be my Crown's Western Warden.

But if you avenge your father in assailing a distracted North, I could accept you as a monarch equal in authority and expanse to myself, sovereign above Moat Cailin.

Think well upon my offer.

Proffered amid Fire and Blood,

Viserys III

To the Lords and Regents of Westeros

This is the way the Beggar King would rule over us! Through political transactions so shallow the smack of his piss green crown.

I am of a different mind.

Let it hereforth be known that there is no King in the Iron Islands. There is only I, the Queen, and I will pay the Iron Price for my kingdom.

The Beggar King would sell the seat of House Lannister for my Ironfleet.

He would give away the whole of the North if only for the price of doing his bidding, and defeating their armies on his behalf? Never!

This is the weak leadership that we Ironborn despise, and will never follow.

Fire and Blood, more like piss and sh*t!

We are Ironborn, and We Do Not Sow

Asha of House Greyjoy

Queen of the Iron Islands
Protectress of the Seastone Chair
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »

I hereby pronounce The Blackfish the honour of serving in my Kingsguard. I trust him to serve well for such a noble cause.

King Edric I Baratheon
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2017, 10:56:29 PM »

I hereby pronounce The Blackfish the honour of serving in my Kingsguard. I trust him to serve well for such a noble cause.

King Edric I Baratheon

House Martell regrets and gives it condolences to and for House Tully, who were thusly extinguished.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2017, 11:00:57 PM »

To Edric Baratheon, First of His Name, Rightful King of the Andals and the First Men:

Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2017, 12:19:50 AM »

To Edric Baratheon, First of His Name, Rightful King of the Andals and the First Men:

Lord Brynden, The Blackfish,

Your choice is your own. I shall not force you to stand by my side, but I hope you will still serve the Realm in the name of the one true King.

King Edric I Baratheon
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2017, 10:54:05 PM »

1. Yes I will make defending my house the first priority, I will begin to transfer 3000 troops to defend my house from Westerlands. I will also recruit my allies to assist us. Defending our house must be one of my top priorities.

2. Yes I will slowly begin to recruit 5000 of our troops in the Westerlands  to strengthen are forces in Lannisport.

3.We are secure in the Westerlands and will utalize the majority of troops elsewhere. I will leave 1000 troops back in Westerlands as a precaution.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2017, 12:00:58 AM »

To all the southern Lords and Kings,

A dark threat is descending upon us all. The Long Night is coming, and the dead come with it. We do not come to conquer, rape and pillage. We merely seek safety.

I ask you to set aside your squabbles and turn your eyes northward, before the night swallows us all.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2017, 01:39:21 PM »

ROYAL PROCLAMATION IN DEFENCE OF THE FAITH

Following the sacrilege, murder and deicide committed by the vile heathen horselord savages, cutting down His High Holiness and desecrating the Great Sept of Blessed Baelor, the seat of the High Septon is pronounced to be returned to the Starry Sept at Oldtown, as it was in the days of yore. The Faith is urged to convocate under the shield and by the counsel of Lord Hightower, to choose a fitting new High Septon.

Holy Sparrows and aspirant warriors of the Faith Militant are urged to travel to the protection of Oldtown. The High Septon and his brave following may be fallen, but the Faith Militant survives, upheld by a royal vow. Poor Fellows and Warrior's Sons all shall be accepted at Oldtown, risen to avenge their slaughtered brethren.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »

To All the Houses of Westeros

You have seen the fury of my great Khalasar many times. First at Cider Hall, then Harrnehal, and now at King's Landing. We have many men and many horses, with great speed and power, and a mission: to seat my son Rhaego on the throne of his grandfather.

As you know, during the sack of King's Landing, a large number of captives were taken. Among them are Magister Tregar Ormellen of Lys, Lady Lynesse Hightower, Lady Tyene Sand, Lord Velaryon, Lord Rykker, Lord Staunton, and a Lysene Noble Woman. As you know further, the Dothraki are a people who greatly value gifts and exchanges. If you would like to have your family member back to you, make us an offer. Be it Gold Dragons, troops, food and resources, or loyalty, present the offer and we will consider it.

But don't take too long, some of my riders are fierce warriors and may not be able to restrain themselves.

x Drogo, Khal of the Great Khalasar, Father of the Stallion Who Rides the World
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2017, 02:25:15 PM »

During the First Sack of King's Landing, women and children from the lowest to the royal house were butchered without mercy. I see that Khal Drogo does not offer to ransom my natural children. If harm befalls them, he will be revealed as a monster worse than Tywin Lannister, and his and his men's fate will be correspondingly the darker. I do not threaten the life of my nephew even now, for he is a Targaryen of sorts and innocent of his sire's crimes. But no other Dothraki shall live to boast of his adventures over the poison water when this battle is done. As to the extent of my sister Daenerys's treason, forced or willing, time and the gods will tell.

I have tried to my cost to treat with these savages. The only ransom they understand in the end is not bronze, gold and silver, but salt, steel, and dragon flame. Let my friends, bannermen and foes alike take note.

Avowed by Fire and Blood, in the Light of the Seven

Viserys III
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »

Every knight in the Seven Kingdoms swears an oath to the Mother to defend the innocent and to the Maid to protect women. As leader of a good many men who live by this pledge and a person who has taken it himself, I cannot stand by as people who should be nowhere near battle are held captive by a barbarian horde.

I offer to pay the ransom of every noble woman and child held in King's Landing as well as that of any Reachman. Regardless of their beliefs or affiliations, I offer the hospitality of the Reach and the safety of the King's Peace to all those unfortunate souls displaced by the Dothraki menace so long as they are willing to act honorably.

Randyll Tarly
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies